Problem with imgur.

Cleantrooper

Hi all. I know that I've had issues before with uploadingphotos with imgur so I appollogise in advance. This time i was wondering if anyone else has had issues. I uninstalled the app so I could re install the latest version and read in the comments that there are problems with uploading . I did manage to get the hang of it before as I posted in the pre approval section.  I did all the work and changes and wanted to apply for eib but alas,  technology has once again beaten me. Is there any other options for submitting photos available?  Thanks in advance,  I really appreciate your time and effort. 

This article may be of some use to you.

Imgur is on their list but at least you can have a read about each service, and perhaps one will be suitable for your use.

https://www.techradar.com/au/best/best-image-hosting-websites

Are you using on mobile or computer, I am having no issues with computer. Imgur recently changed how their mobile app works and I did try it once and couldn't copy the direct link so stopped using it on mobile.

I see a lot of others using Flickr https://www.flickr.com/

• 5 months later...

I've started having trouble getting the photos I have on Imgur to be displayed as other than a link on FISD when I make new posts now.  Is that the same kind of trouble?

1 hour ago, Hesikaya said:

I've started having trouble getting the photos I have on Imgur to be displayed as other than a link on FISD when I make new posts now.  Is that the same kind of trouble?

Are you using the "direct link" option, that normally fixes any issue, you need the .jpg or .png extension link not the abbreviated link.

On computer you can just right click on the image in Imgur then select copy then paste directly into your post and it should show up.

Once again Glen saves my day! :icon_bow:

Thanks Glen, that works.  I used to get a link from a button on the side but simply copying the address with a right click does the trick!

• Like 1

Imgur can be glitchy at times, but I haven't had any issues for a while now. I only use it from my desk top though so yeah it could be the phone app.

• Like 1