TK-42199 Requesting ANH-S Centurion Status (499)

Ninety-Nine

Hey all. Thanks for taking a look at my Centurion request. It took a bit longer than expected with the pandemic and all, but I fixed some of the suggestions on my Expert Infantry.

Mandatory Information

Costume = Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Costume CRL Link = https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Name = Max P.

TK ID = 42199

Forum Name = mpedno

Legion Profile = https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=30527

Garrison/Squad = Southern California Garrison, Orange County Squad

Armor AM

Helmet AM

Expert Infantry Thread Link = https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47461-tk-42199-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-am-923/

Optional

Height = 6ft 1in, or 185cm

Weight = 175lbs, or 84kg

Boots = Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt = Imperial Issue

Holster = Darman's Props

Hand Plates = flexible latex from justjoseph63

Gloves = Double1 Rubber chemical gloves

Neck Seal = Darman's Props

Armor Photos

Helmet Off (not adjusted)  

28fyUPy.jpg

Full Body Front

Dee2amp.jpg

Full Body Back

OxAFzhD.jpg

Full Right

Oh2lunY.jpgcXXFZgC.jpg

Full Left

38D8tXz.jpghY1g8dV.jpg

Action Shot

soAYAwd.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

6qOAut0.jpg

Back

gjNgxFe.jpg

Left

I2UB0Ny.jpg

Right

CZV0DPp.jpg

Interior

Zt47can.jpg

S-trim Detail

kLPI6Z7.jpg

Vocoder and Hovi Mic Tip Detail 

jevk9LP.jpg

Lens Color (Backlit if necessary)

7tju6wc.jpg

Accessory Photos 

Neckseal 

fk82XDf.jpg

Thermal Detonator

SkOH0IR.jpg
dZ6aBxl.jpg

Ammo Belt

4WqaLOo.jpg

Boots

E05HL5Z.jpg
4tLBQBG.jpg

Blaster

7XbzsO5.jpg

rB3LZX0.jpg

fBrtUgK.jpg

Optional Photos

Interior Strapping

8zaLBpU.jpg

rik0Oje.jpg

Abdomen Detail

Qb8h9UK.jpg

Cod Details (trimmed)

CA3NgIa.jpg
qSh9Uk1.jpg

Rubber Gloves & Flexible Handguards

FhlqTru.jpg

Sniper Knee Attachment (glue)

oO6Iuy2.jpgn1xH9Og.jpg

Thigh Ammo Pack Attachment (split rivets)

1TEQ9kp.jpg

3hxPPd5.jpg

p6QAXd3.jpg

u4HlI64.jpg

Belt Box Back Detail (fully closed)

nQHWpZU.jpg

Wrist Return Edge Detail (none present) 

G1HIYOg.jpg

Right Ab Snap Detail

ELLQl5z.jpg

Left Side (rivets) and Kidney Notch Detail (touched up)  

qmWl4y5.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Attachment (glue, with elastic tiedown)

NY5Mzp2.jpg

igXB06Q.jpg

@shashachu, @justjoseph63, and @TKSpartan 

Edited by mpedno
  • Like 1

Looking Good Max.  Good luck.  If I can make a suggestion, see if you can reinforce your white shoulder straps so that they stay tighter under the shoulder strips and that will keep your shoulder bells tighter to your chest as well.  Also your belt needs to be a bit lower so that the plate rests right at the bottom of the ab buttons or just below it.  Its just a bit high.  And your butt plate is riding up and over your kidney plate.  All super super easy changes.  Others will see perhaps a few other things but all in all nice build brother.  I just built the AM kit as well.  Good work brother.  You got this. 

Nice work trooper a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here:

As mentioned your shoulder strap elastic is being pulled out quite a lot, you could try doubling over the elastic so it is a bit tighter

28fyUPy.jpg

Your butt plate is being pushed backwards, I came up with a V tab system which may help keep it in place

Ckx3l1Q.jpg7YORkey.jpg

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

You have some large openings at the front of your forearms, perhaps adjust these so the gaps are smaller, you could trim them on an angle towards the front, you only need them wide enough to get your hands through

269WpsG.jpg

There should be minimal gap between the ab and kidney areas

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

0HhDp2g.jpg

Button covers could be closer to the ends of the plastic belt

4WqaLOo.jpg

GjSdCiW.jpg?1

Good luck with approval

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update from this weekend. Working to get this done.

Trimmed the ammo belt and removed and recentered the rivet covers...

image000001.thumb.jpg.71ef435717b88ec3d9b55798f75c9e92.jpg

jDJDDF1.jpg

Disassembled, tapered, and reglued the forearms...

image000005.thumb.jpg.cf8202ba8bff75b45337dce5a9306374.jpg

image000003.thumb.jpg.af32b4eda41d8e96ae14555fc8622e59.jpg

image000002.thumb.jpg.3cf7f11c6654734cb57f670299b1c78c.jpg

image000004.thumb.jpg.4e2aa8c51acddcf559ea6ae8255b5631.jpg

Trimmed the back armor corners...

TeInt4P.jpg

Added clips to the posterior panel...

IxBQsfE.jpg

And removed, reshaped, and re-centered the thigh ammo strip evenly, filling the old hole with ABS slurry...

image000000-2.thumb.jpg.4b84eddd93031f214042f0f554aca771.jpg

AW1v9jA.jpg

Edited by mpedno

21 minutes ago, mpedno said:

Small update from this weekend. Working to get this done.

Yup! I helped Max with a bunch of corrections this weekend, including:
- pulling his forearms apart and tapering them down at the wrist, while still trying to keep them in shape

- trimming his ammo belt and moving the rivet covers out towards the edge slightly

- trimming his back armor plate lower corners

- adding material to the back of his thigh armor to close the lower gap between halves

- removing his knee ammo belt and recentering it. A little salty on this one - the AM belt is very clearly intentionally pre-curved to have the center ammo box centered on the cover strip, as it was originally applied. Trying to shift it required heat bath bending it, which started causing the thick ABS to crack slightly at the box. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if mods like this are going to be called out and required at Centurion, they should be stated clearly in the CRL. Nowhere does it say it needs to be centered/even/etc. on any certain point. Fixing this after the fact and having to fill the hole with ABS slurry is pretty frustrating and could have been avoided with a clear CRL, especially as the piece itself does not lend itself to be mounted this way easily for troopers with larger thighs. 

- starting the process of adding clips to the posterior to prevent it from seperating/flaring

Anyways, he's on his way and we'll retake his approval photos with the updates in the next week or so... Still 3 spots left and we hope to ensure he's one of them!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

On 3/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, TheRascalKing said:

removing his knee ammo belt and recentering it. A little salty on this one - the AM belt is very clearly intentionally pre-curved to have the center ammo box centered on the cover strip, as it was originally applied. Trying to shift it required heat bath bending it, which started causing the thick ABS to crack slightly at the box. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if mods like this are going to be called out and required at Centurion, they should be stated clearly in the CRL.

Hej Justin, sorry to butt in but as I was the D.O in charge of Max EIB app I’m a bit confused as I didn’t mention the ammo pack in the Centurion suggestions? Mayby I’m missing something in this thread but I don’t see it beeing mentioned in here either..?

Edited by TheSwede

I would also mention that a suggestion is only ever just that, a suggestion. If it is not in the CRL, then it can not be enforced as a knock back, only a suggestion towards more accuracy and there fore in cases where it is difficult to correct, you would simply leave it be.

I too could not find any mention of the knee pack adjustment in Max's EI approval, so am interested to know where this advice originated.

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Hej Justin, sorry to butt in but as I was the D.O in charge of Max EIB app I’m a bit confused as I didn’t mention the ammo pack in the Centurion suggestions? Mayby I’m missing something in this thread but I don’t see it beeing mentioned in here either..?

It was sent to Max via PM, Dan.  We asked that it be mounted more evenly on both sides.

sALLAvz.jpg?1  rePHW6V.jpg?2            PAuYlvU.jpg?1   cwO0l4D.jpg?1  PSXgbEm.jpg?1

• Like 2

That makes it easier to understand what the suggestion was for sure, thanks Joseph. In that case yes mounting it evenly makes a lot of sense, but may I suggest for clarity moving forward, if you want something like that nice and clear for everyone and easier for the DO office when doing approvals, that we consider updating the CRL wording so it is apparent.

You have two conundrums here with the knee pack.

If you want the center box aligned with the cover strip, you may well not be able to have the rivets even due to the make of armour and or the size of the trooper if they are trimming their kit to fit well.

Thigh ammo strip pack was not always aligned with the coverstrip, but rivets and end of strip were aligned with the ends or the thigh ridges

gallery_12157_78_202715.thumb.jpg.1e8f85c5ee57249de1c6970983837c2b.jpg

gallery_12157_78_1204509.thumb.jpg.bae9f4985d1cab55f684f636ea86ef9a.jpggallery_12157_78_258714.thumb.jpg.048155bfc1c0d6448b99702cbe4d9fba.jpg

• Like 1

I was referencing an example from the past not stating any hard facts Glen :)

I think this thread has been suitably derailed so let’s leave it to the DO’s and Max so he can get approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan started a new thread in case anyone wants to weigh in further. I thought it was odd that Max received his feedback via PM, but whatever... To my knowledge, he also clarified that the feedback was required to be corrected, not suggested, despite not being mentioned clearly in the CRL. I believe we have corrected everything anyways, so we'll post photos and try to get this moving soon. 

• Like 3

Photos on the original thread and update post have been replaced to improve some of the fit and finish issues and show off the changes we made last weekend!

Hopefully this does it!

• Like 4

Way to go Max, you have great support with Justin helping you, good luck with your application, the updates are a great improvement on those finer details.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:19 AM, Ninety-Nine said:

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed

No need for that, brother.... ;)   AWESOME job on those fixes!  (I will have your review posted up first thing tomorrow)! 

• Like 1