Rank marking on the side of the TK ANH helmet

Hello my troopers, 

I would like to bring my helmet up to scratch and would like to edit the rank. 
my questions about this are which ranking options are there? where are the black marks placed? 
directly on the knob or in between? I have already seen both variants and what is right now?
Whats the color number/name i need?

Thanks for your help. 

best regards

marcel tk12813

On top of the bumps/raised sections/knobs

large.22318373_earsottk.png.7147d113bceclarge.56944953_10104576587398963_2775524

"At the end of the day, the armor is yours, and you can do as you wish with it, but for the sake of the CRL, if you intend to build to Centurion level, then just paint the single bump on each ear.

After you are approved, it's up to you."

Unofficial rank chart 

06szojD.jpg

• Like 1

On top of the bumps/raised sections/knobs
large.22318373_earsottk.png.7147d113bcec214747e2df15878763b7.pnglarge.56944953_10104576587398963_2775524161504673792_n.jpg.8825f6a62ab5709d17d4557b5e212ac6.jpg

"At the end of the day, the armor is yours, and you can do as you wish with it, but for the sake of the CRL, if you intend to build to Centurion level, then just paint the single bump on each ear.

After you are approved, it's up to you."

Unofficial rank chart 

06szojD.jpg

Glen I’m curious as to how they did the ranks in the actual films.

When viewing my helmet from the right side the rank is a WO. When viewed from the left side it’s a PFC.

Warrant Officer
ca4c67ce3cec47ae6abb4cbddb70498b.jpg

PFC
29197af2b519d39e1f2ebb53aeacfadf.jpg

Not that the ranks matter, but I’m curious if they did the same for the films or if they maintained the rank on both sides.

15 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Glen I’m curious as to how they did the ranks in the actual films.

As far as I am aware there is no official information available in regards to rank/stripes from the movies.

"This from our from our forum founder from back in 2006

The idea that they're rank stripes is something that post-dates the movies - at the time they were being filmed they weren't indicative of anything. Heck, even the number of tube stripes is not consistent from trooper to trooper. :)"

"To be honest, I don't think the number has ever been correlated, nor officially established that this is what they are."

• Like 2

this means that the markings on the helmets on rs etc are wrong because they are shown in mirror image and thus result in 2 different ranks. 
Does that mean when I add a rank it can always be seen from the same side and not as a mirror image, which of course also makes sense (and it is clearly in brackets in the marking list how the rank should be marked)? 
i.e. for example a sergent is marked from the left and from the right with empty, empty, line, line. 
mirror-image marking such as left blank, blank, line, line and right line, line, empty, empty would therefore be wrong right?

The image was made up guide of what ranks there may be and its not official, if you want screen accurate marking study some of the screen references, some helmets had the same rank markings on both sides and some didn't, you will find some examples here

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-Stunt-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm