ANH Trooper needs a weapon

Zinfer

Alright Troopers, so I picked up a Hasbro with the hopes of a Doopy enhancement.  Well...  Fact is I don't know what's going on with Doopy.  SO anyways, moving on.  Been looking at Quest.  Looking for a nice E-11 for my RS ANH PVC Deathstar Trooper.  And frankly I've seen STUNNING and SHOCKING prices for plastic toy guns called props.  At any rate.  Looking to go full on Trooping in perhaps Summer or Fall.  Looking for an E-11.  I am not rich. I am not well to do.  I am not well off.  I had an ok  job, then I was furloughed for covid, then 3 months, layed off.  So just being truthful, honest and forthcoming.  Is the Quest what I'm looking for?  By all means, please guide me to being a great stand in Trooper that looks 'REAL'.  Thanks everybody for any and all advice.

Edited by Zinfer

If you’re will to put a little work into finishing one, I recommend grabbing a 3D print version off of Etsy. There’s a couple of good vendors there, just compare their photos to the CRL to make sure that it meets requirements because they’re not all equal.

You’ll need some E6000, some Rustoleum Primer Filler spray paint, and then paint to finish and weather it.

You can ever get a 3D print of the Hasbro Conversion kit.

9 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

You can ever get a 3D print of the Hasbro Conversion kit.

I posted that info in his build thread and an etsy seller ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

How often does Doopy Doo sell?  Out of Stock since last October.  Are they still around?  I don't have a 3d printer.  I'd have liked a full kit or at least a conversion of the Hasbro from Doopy.  I need to get to work on my weapon while trying to drop a few pounds to fit in the TK I've built. I mean I did pick up the Hasbro with the hopes of the conversion, but now after I look at it the trigger is all off, can't put a spring in it, it won't even fit in my holster right.  :D.

Edited by Zinfer

Hellhounds' rubber E-11's are definitely worth a look and US-based as well...

https://www.facebook.com/hellhounds.props

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

I have not ordered from Quest myself, but that’s the one I would personally go for. I’ve looked at everything available out there. And like you, I cannot break the bank to buy more Star Wars stuff. Just not feasible at this time.
If I could afford it, I would go with Blaster factory, but the cheapest kit on there is $400. That’s a bare bones blaster. Of course the one I want is 1600$
I’ve also seen the rubber ones that look ok until you realize there’s no Hengstler counter on it. Not really accurate then, in my book.
Then the ones on Etsy can be a shot in the dark and they want 200 just for a kit and then 500$ for completed and weathered. I don’t really trust Etsy anymore. Builders in there take forever and it’s never exactly what you wanted. Like a better but still crappy eBay.
The only place I’d trust on Etsy is here. But the 3D printing is very obvious. I would only get the kit and primer all the lines out. 3D lines just really look terrible.
------------

The only other place I would try would be 3D-Props. They make anything you want. A little more expensive but you can get a Bapty or regular E11. Any blaster really. Your choice. And they come recommended.

3d-props.com

I know Tramp is making a blast-x version of the E11 with a SDS blaster but that’s no where near accurate.
Troopercoola on Facebook is about to start releasing a kit he’s making. Metal parts and resin. Reminiscent of the doopy doo.
Doopy-doo by the way, has a lot of customers waiting for their kit for over a year now. Not sure they’re reliable anymore.
These are just some places I’ve seen. If you do go with Quest, please hit me up. If I can get a few pennies together, maybe I can order one too.
Either way, let me know how you made out. I’ll do the same .

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Motogpnut said:

I’ve also seen the rubber ones that look ok until you realize there’s no Hengstler counter on it. Not really accurate then, in my book.

Just throwing it out there that Hellhounds does include a Hengstler when appropriate (he does do the ESB version without them as well on request) - I know this because it's modeled off of @Oztrooper's real one! I've been impressed with the accuracy for how tough they are. 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

Just throwing it out there that Hellhounds include a Hengstler when appropriate (he does do the ESB version without them as well on request) - I know this because it's modeled off of [mention=17328]Oztrooper[/mention]'s real one! I've been impressed with the accuracy for how tough they are. 

I meant no disrespect. I’m just really nervous when it comes to buying “accurate” stuff. Everyone seems to claim it’s accurate and sometimes you think so too, till you really get a good look at. That’s across the board for anything replicated from Star Wars, it seems.
I’ve been burned a few times myself. It looked good right up until it’s in your hands and then it isn’t even what was advertised.
I think the E11 seems to be one of the things that I see done wrong most. And to me, it’s such a huge part of the history. It would be such a shame to spend a lot of money for something that you’re embarrassed to troop with let alone hang on the wall.
That’s why I’ve been doing so much research. If you can’t tell. I wish some of the people that everyone recommended before were still around. It would make it a lot easier.

31 minutes ago, Motogpnut said:

I meant no disrespect. I’m just really nervous when it comes to buying “accurate” stuff. Everyone seems to claim it’s accurate and sometimes you think so too, till you really get a good look at. That’s across the board for anything replicated from Star Wars, it seems.
I’ve been burned a few times myself. It looked good right up until it’s in your hands and then it isn’t even what was advertised.
I think the E11 seems to be one of the things that I see done wrong most. And to me, it’s such a huge part of the history. It would be such a shame to spend a lot of money for something that you’re embarrassed to troop with let alone hang on the wall.
That’s why I’ve been doing so much research. If you can’t tell. I wish some of the people that everyone recommended before were still around. It would make it a lot easier.

No skin off my back - it isn't my product! I've just been a solid convert to the rubber blaster life and wanted to clarify on the Hengstler thing since I have some inside knowledge haha

And I feel you. It's tough to find that "perfect" blaster without a ton of legwork. I started with a Rubies Rebels and modified the heck out of it until it was as good as it could be for what it was, then stepped up to an older Hyperfirm, before recently ordering a Hellhounds - I was particularly impressed with his separate metal scope rails, which was my biggest gripe with my Hyperfirm. For trooping, remember that no one else can tell the difference anyways! haha For hanging on the wall, I'd go with Fieldmarshal's kit in a heartbeat personally. 

• Like 1

No skin off my back - it isn't my product! I've just been a solid convert to the rubber blaster life and wanted to clarify on the Hengstler thing since I have some inside knowledge haha

And I feel you. It's tough to find that "perfect" blaster without a ton of legwork. I started with a Rubies Rebels and modified the heck out of it until it was as good as it could be for what it was, then stepped up to an older Hyperfirm, before recently ordering a Hellhounds - I was particularly impressed with his separate metal scope rails, which was my biggest gripe with my Hyperfirm. For trooping, remember that no one else can tell the difference anyways! haha For hanging on the wall, I'd go with Fieldmarshal's kit in a heartbeat personally. 

Christopher’s stuff is unreal... I’m seriously considering saving the money for the 1699.00 version. Closest I’ll ever get to a real sterling in the US.
That’s what I’m saying about wishing all the old prop makers were still around.
I heard Hyperfirm was the best until they closed. Praetorian was right there with them. Some even speculate that they were some of the people from hyperfirm. But they’re having issues with deliveries.
I heard Shear tech is fantastic too but the owner has been down and out with some health issues.
Doopy doo has been out of stock for forever.
Not really sure where to go.
I did email Quest and they said they are still making E11s. I just don’t know anyone who has received one and evaluated the quality. They are also resin ones and I’d much rather have a rubber one for trooping.
Maybe I should contact Hellhounds. Especially if they have metal parts and can do the full ANH. Does he make the Bapty version too? Or the Move Along E11? How good does yours look?
  • Like 1