EVA foam stormtrooper armor build

Adding some more to the rubies blaster, finally plugged up the holes in the scope with cut-up sunglasses lense. I cut it to fit almost perfectly in the holes then superglued it in. I know super glue on clear stuff is a no-no but eh I’m lazy. Turned out okay, I just had to touch up the edge of the scope with some extra gloss black paint.

before
 AcNhOCL.jpg 

WqG2qE4.jpg

after

DnO1pl4.jpg 
UhqkkQR.jpg 

xMLSoPP.jpg

Really happy with how it turned out.

6L3xEns.jpg
XV5KMCA.jpg 

I found this flashlight I might try to attach to the blaster cause it’s a good size and looks the part. Im still thinking about how to attach it well and make it removable. It does have a clip on the side that may help with that. Any ideas?

Edited by Cheeseballs

On 10/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, Cheeseballs said:

Adding some more to the rubies blaster, finally plugged up the holes in the scope with cut-up sunglasses lense. I cut it to fit almost perfectly in the holes then superglued it in. I know super glue on clear stuff is a no-no but eh I’m lazy. Turned out okay, I just had to touch up the edge of the scope with some extra gloss black paint.

before
 AcNhOCL.jpg 

WqG2qE4.jpg

after

DnO1pl4.jpg 
UhqkkQR.jpg 

xMLSoPP.jpg

Really happy with how it turned out.

6L3xEns.jpg
XV5KMCA.jpg 

I found this flashlight I might try to attach to the blaster cause it’s a good size and looks the part. Im still thinking about how to attach it well and make it removable. It does have a clip on the side that may help with that. Any ideas?

I wonder if you could do something with rare earth magnets to mount the light… Maybe sink a hole in the blaster and glue a little bar magnet in there and then patch and paint it up, then make a little mount attached to the light with another magnet in it?

Or you could just glue a magnet or thin strip of ferrous metal to the side of the blaster and paint it…

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Infern0 said:

I wonder if you could do something with rare earth magnets to mount the light… Maybe sink a hole in the blaster and glue a little bar magnet in there and then patch and paint it up, then make a little mount attached to the light with another magnet in it?

Or you could just glue a magnet or thin strip of ferrous metal to the side of the blaster and paint it…

Oh that’s a good idea. Might give it a go sometime, probably won’t have it in time for Halloween though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, d503364 said:

Here is me (stormtrooper) and my son at our own church's trunk or treat event.

IMG_20221023_181722443_HDR - Copy.jpg

Image is only showing as a thumbnail ;) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, d503364 said:

unfortunately I was only allowed a max of 20kb in upload size

Yes the forum only allows a small amount of attachments this is why many of us (if not most) use free online image hosts, upload your photos there then paste the link into your posts.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, d503364 said:

So awesome!!!!!

I made my own mimban stormtrooper too and I would love to know more about how you made the cape.
I have looked at buying a russian palatka but I am trying to go a cheaper route. I bought a simple hooded poncho but it's vinyl and just feels cheap.

Screenshot_20220726-090551_3.jpg

Nice! I dm’d you back.

Went to the zoo last Sunday, got to meet some members of the 501st and rebel legion! Was definitely a cool experience. Took my rebel helmet as candy bucket again
 kHpdAso.jpg 

MRxZv9n.jpg 

Officer in this pic let me hold his se-14. 
FpBXG73.jpg 

6eStAFe.jpg 

penguins! VessSaC.jpg 

pYY2tMU.jpg 

Got a lot of compliments on the costume, as well as a lot of kids pointing and saying “Star Wars guy!” Lol. Very fun overall, but also very tiring being in the suit for a few hours.

also added some greeblies and panels to the hengstler counter on the rubies blaster to make it a little more accurate and nicer looking. They’re make of polystyrene sheet, and the clear piece i just cut from something random I had. Going to add silver and bronze weathering, debating on if I should add a little dirt or not.

Before greeblies

O5mZbPm.jpg 
XXvVA7P.jpg 
 lNWihsk.jpg

JFTVH0G.jpg 

greeblies

4bCkP75.jpg 
QBDMh5t.jpg 
XlKytxe.jpg 
zgmcO8a.jpg
wLzzYg8.jpg 

after greeblies

caOTVP7.jpg 
5mhNqBF.jpg 
2eOniNn.jpg 

this next piece here I had to heat gun then flatten with a book to glue it right since it was slightly curved and much thicker and wider than the other pieces.

q814yZv.jpg 
2HfbjGb.jpg 

z9Dbori.jpg The clear piece is over the numbers sticker, I used e-6000 for that one. The rest I just superglued, then touched up with some extra black paint to cover up the superglue leaking out.

• Like 1

Added weathering to rubies blaster. Did a silver drybrush on edges minus T tracks and handle, copper drybush on scope, and two coats of a brown wash over the whole thing. Next up is clear coat which is why I masked the scope lens. Really happy with the result

l6hJqsz.jpg 
vnhelbW.jpg 
LzfVMrN.jpg 
pak1UEQ.jpg
nhJETYO.jpg 

added silver on the selector switch as well

HrYZO2r.jpg 
S3A8Ixx.jpg 

I made the wash by mixing some old acrylics and Vallejo pigments

IXiDm7L.jpg 
lawAgWw.jpg 

Edited by Cheeseballs