EVA foam stormtrooper armor build

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 4:02 PM, d503364 said:

Very nice job.

I've made a shoretrooper and mimban stormtrooper out of eva foam myself.

Nice man!

Speaking of, I’ve been modding the armor into a Mimban stormtrooper 

oYcK195.jpg

0dZ9clK.jpg

KYEOV56.jpg

Dgc3LPD.jpg

NrKLOt6.jpg

J9f18st.jpg

For the mud effects I simply dabbed and slapped the grey paint on with a paper towel. I’ll be going over it again with a darker color. These guys were seriously muddy in the movie lol. 

For the forehead piece what I did was cover the helmet dome in foil, then add slits so I could flatten it to create the template. I used two layers of thin foam for the brow cause the first layer I wrapped around the bottom of the forehead. Making it look uneven. 

Still gotta add the little details on the side of the forehead and clean it up. Gotta figure something out for the cloak as well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cheeseballs said:

Reference

https://imgur.com/a/kZk0FL6 

for some reason this image won’t embed

Try the "direct" link option (how to with mobile info)

fktfobp.jpeg

• Like 2

Does look a little darker than the reference, is annoying not knowing how a mix with dry and what color change you will get, trial and error :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Does look a little darker than the reference, is annoying not knowing how a mix with dry and what color change you will get, trial and error :D 

Yeah lmao

just realized I posted the same paint cup image twice lol, here’s what the armor looks like after that 4th coat

ynYwZvF.jpg

good enough for me lol

And the brow on the blast shield has been masked and painted

fvCNAEU.jpg

• Like 1

Does look like the reference has a little less grey in some areas but really it's a personal choice how much weathering is too much. Great work getting the helmet shield that curved, just note it does look a slightly different white, I guess not too much of an issue with weathering going over the top ;)

fktfobp.jpeg

• Like 1

I added a little bit of white on the torso areas, but didn’t like it much and covered it back up with the color of the 3rd coat. Then I roughly and quickly did the whole armor in that color. The difference isn’t much but I think I’m happy with it now, just gotta do that all to the helmet

aybdUPP.jpg 

Edited by Cheeseballs
  • Like 1

Helmet done! 

FJxuahZ.jpg

fqnJnFY.jpg

Qgo5fSN.jpg

7zx5nJj.jpg

Q5xVWdx.jpg

It came out really good, better than the armor lol. It doesn’t match perfectly but eh it’s okay. Definitely used the experience I got from weathering the armor to help on the helmet, I was able to make the scraping off effect on the chin easier by just scraping it off rather than white drybrush cause it’s hard plastic instead of foam.

When painting the mud I simply shoved paper towel in the lense to mask them:

https://imgur.com/a/HvZQlpR 

this pic won’t load for some reason, weird. 

If I ever do make an actual TK kit for approval in the future I might go muddy, it was pretty fun to muddy him up with decent results, especially on the helmet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheeseballs said:

https://imgur.com/a/HvZQlpR 

If I ever do make an actual TK kit for approval in the future I might go muddy, it was pretty fun to muddy him up with decent results, especially on the helmet. 

wrwsXQi.jpeg

If you do go TK for approval you can always start out with a clean version and convert it to a sandy or muddy later ;) 

Nice work, weathering on the helmet came out really well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I didn’t really feel like doing the same sponge/paper towel dabbing process on the cape for the weathering, and wasn’t too happy with the color in the first place since it was really light and not black enough. So I went the lazy route and roughly spray-painted it black and sprayed grey on the edges for mud. I didn’t completely cover it in black so it has a slightly worn look. In some images it looks a little too saturated, but it’s pretty dull irl.

uRPeegF.jpg
LU1UPWB.jpg 
oBDThkQ.jpg 
oBDThkQ.jpg 
ZTkA6EE.jpg 
81FObv5.jpg 

• Like 2