EVA foam stormtrooper armor build

filled the seam some more

qYgkGJN.jpgP79crSW.jpg

finished painting dropboxes and the pyramids

TmcDU09.jpgXYEkQsb.jpg

also finished the thigh ammo belt

Vf5JqLo.jpg

a short summary of how I made it:

my dad cut some wood blocks for me, and i primed then plastidiped them, then glued them to a piece of foam. pretty simple, and i'm happy with how it turned out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

You’re making a good job of reworking that plastic Rubies helmet. Does the colour match nicely with the foam Armour? :-)

thanks! and yup, im painting it with plastidip just like the armor, so it should match perfectly.

ok finished plastidip on the helmet

0sFHGRF.jpgnPcuUkJ.jpgY06oJ45.jpgSJPkn44.jpgMd7R205.jpg

im quite happy with it. now i just gotta paint the details and add the gloss top coat.

update:

I tried to mask off the vocoder area, but the masking tape peeled off the plastidip. i'm so angry right now. I feel like screaming. my dad suggested cutting off a the plastidip of the entire lower face till the crease so it will be less noticeable, then repaint. if that doesnt work i'll have to peel it all of the whole helmet and paint it all again. arrrgh

cUzFqR5.jpg

alright that after alot of peeling and scraping I got off the plastidip and primer on the front face only, so now i just need to repaint then the decals and NO MASKING TAPE!!!!

9wz5Pv6.jpgQ5TJjKs.jpgTfsKQ2g.jpg
I left the primer on the vocoder, mic tips, and teeth cause I don’t think I need to scrape it off there.

Edited by Cheeseballs

a few days ago my rubber blaster from imperial warfighters came in.

KVwFZSz.jpg

I also finished the belt, ammo belt, and WIP holster

uvY4d7V.jpgbrgXD5I.jpgOZxi7S7.jpg

entire lower body test fit with imperial warfighters blaster in holster

ZtdMACs.jpgbywszTk.jpgjs1LuPv.jpg

the imperial warfighters blaster is too heavy for the holster and keeps pulling it down, so if I need to have the blaster holsterd for a longer peirod of time i'll have to use the rubies blaster.

I also added the pyramids to the knee and the thigh ammo belt to the thigh

tEwP02Y.jpg

HGdGcCi.jpg3mc2MhE.jpg5WH6xP0.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

NICEEEEEE. Little brother you got the skills. I peep your attention to detail :duim:

thanks! all those hours of staring at reference pics and build threads is paying off.

I added the ab dots 

gnRpEyO.jpgbw9UKfc.jpg

then i repainted the ab, forearms, shoulders, backplate, and helmet, and painted the chestplate and shoulder straps. I just have to add glossifier to them.

9Wx2o27.jpg

after that I painted the ab dots with some citadel model paint (Macragge Blue) and (Dawnstone)

iMQz1jh.jpg

Edited by Cheeseballs
forgot a pic
  • Like 1

finished details on the helmet!

first i started with black

8kqImjd.jpg6jfpNvu.jpgjd97s3I.jpgrvrlore.jpgsSLF8cx.jpg

then the gray parts

dduKO6r.jpgbb0Xxri.jpgZh4ak7y.jpgdABijwx.jpg

then I touched-up with some white paint. this part took awhile cause I messed up alot.

i7M5i4y.jpgcAFQD1R.jpg2PNZu3u.jpgQixX8Qp.jpgcXEZLD4.jpg

then the black stripes tube stripes, ear bar, and mic-tips, and I'm done!

oo5eG8S.jpg56M134I.jpg9N8sttA.jpgIcv9BtI.jpg

now I just have to add glossifier to it.

I finished the glossifier on these parts aswell.

eyys7yS.jpg

so awhile ago our trampoline broke, and I saved this small scrap.

7g7gtC3.jpg

I cut it and used it for the mouth piece.

UXO3Mt7.jpgHvmbU8P.jpg

I like how it looks compared to the usual mesh.

I also added the bicep to forearm elastic piece.

2Hyfli8.jpg

now I just need to add a visor and rubber trim to the helmet, a neck seal, boots, finish the holster, and a compression top and I'll be done with this whole thing!

• Like 1

helmet trim and visor done

oVWfhhG.jpgHNL96ah.jpg

QvYtgzO.jpg

the visor is just two layers of tint, one green and one black/gray

for the rubber trim, I took this rubber bucket trim, cut it in half, the sliced it down the middle, and wedged the edge of the helmet int the slit.

UiEYVZ8.jpgzjTYHQt.jpg

now I gotta add padding, then the helmet will be done!

• Like 1

Nice work Iza

Keeping true to FISD form and for accuracy sake, I highly suggest shortening the length of the chest plate (starting at the top). The biceps also look like they could use some shortening (from the bottom). Both are a bit large in relation to other sections of the armor. On a positive note this is by far the best foam built adult armor I've seen, hence the reason for the accuracy suggestions. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Nice work Iza

Keeping true to FISD form and for accuracy sake, I highly suggest shortening the length of the chest plate (starting at the top). The biceps also look like they could use some shortening (from the bottom). Both are a bit large in relation to other sections of the armor. On a positive note this is by far the best foam built adult armor I've seen, hence the reason for the accuracy suggestions. 

thanks for the suggestions! I want this to be as accurate as possible, so I'll make those adjustments. I'm actually a teenager, not an adult. That's why it all looks a bit wonky, cause I'm about 5"5 tall, and the templates I'm using were meant for a 5'8 tall person.

• Like 1

Just now, Cheeseballs said:

thanks for the suggestions! I want this to be as accurate as possible, so I'll make those adjustments. I'm actually a teenager, not an adult. That's why it all looks a bit wonky, cause I'm about 5"5 tall, and the templates I'm using were meant for a 5'8 tall person.

That's impressive, fantastic skills. 

Regarding the adult side, the only other sizes I've seen were pre-teen, I mean small :laugh1: