EVA foam stormtrooper armor build

alright, finished plasti-dipping the shins and the thermal detonator, and cut out some in the back of the shins to allow for more movement like the screen used suits, but I took the pics before I did that.

wSJ5BS9.jpg

vRLrjPM.jpg

also masked off the white areas on thermal detonator to brush-paint the gray

V2Hrx0B.jpg

W1tTGUe.jpg

gray added

UbhfAMu.jpgMH834bc.jpg

NC13IIJ.jpgP1NVZzo.jpg

going to need to touch it up a bit, then add plastidip glossifier to it along with the shins, thighs, and some more on the dropboxes.

Edited by Cheeseballs
extra content

I finished touching-up the thermal detonator, then added glossifier to it and the thighs, shins, and dropboxes.

I think I will remake the chest plate too, because the seams were horrible on it. this will be the third time I will have to make the chest...

1X8qdlI.jpghOoW5Xq.jpg

now I just need the fabric belt, some sort of holster, helmet, ab dots, neck seal, boots of a sort, and some strapping.

the end is near...

28 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

Whoa definitely coming together. I see you. Have you started a strapping system yet to hold it all together nice and tight? Good job on attention to detail on those little pieces on ab and back plate by the way.

thanks! I used velcro hand-sewn by me to elastic straps. pretty sturdy, although the cod to butt plat strap came off once. other than that, it works.

Edited by Cheeseballs
spelling errors
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to get a rubies helmet instead of making the paper one cause that would be too much work.

UeUqzpC.jpg

IHnR7dC.jpg

DAtBvQO.jpg

rGuqYEi.jpg

the blue frown gives me the icks

jPTEwvw.jpg

ld0dWzM.jpg

those stickers scare me...

0XlSsYf.jpg

oK2BfmC.jpg

those foam pads made it pop up so I couldn't wear it well. I took them out. they were fixed in with hot glue...

bjiikQn.jpg

but for whatever reason, the seller decided to ship it in this:

O3RGDF6.jpg

GE05Y2W.jpg

yep, no box, no bubble wrap, nothing. just thin tissue-like wrapping paper. nothing else. it was half-torn open when it arrived.

the helmet itself was okay, thanks to the clamshell. I also foud it funny that there was not one, but TWO "fragile stickers :laugh1:

pros of helmet: shiny, resembles stormtrooper, fits okay after removal of foam pads. sticker on the front of the helmet are mostly okay. 

cons: big seam down the middle, blurry not dark enough eyes, earbuttons looks like marshmellow, back trapezoids are horrific, terrifying blue frown, vocoder is a blob, mic tips have weird silver drybrush, 

so yeah its mostly garbage. i'm gonna have to do some modding. I'm going to at least fix eyes, frown and back trapezoid stickers.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

ok sorry for lack of updates, been kinda procrastinating. 

I took the lenses out, then trimmed and sanded the leftover stuff under it.

V0CqPRD.jpgvjwlX5L.jpg

q5O3a5m.jpgCB7klzE.jpg

I need some opinions. i think the eye ridges around the lenses a could be more pronounced, so i was thinking of making the edge more pronounced with some epoxy clay. what do your guys think? should I do it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cheeseballs said:

ok sorry for lack of updates, been kinda procrastinating. 

I took the lenses out, then trimmed and sanded the leftover stuff under it.

V0CqPRD.jpgvjwlX5L.jpg

q5O3a5m.jpgCB7klzE.jpg

I need some opinions. i think the eye ridges around the lenses a could be more pronounced, so i was thinking of making the edge more pronounced with some epoxy clay. what do your guys think? should I do it?

Use a piece of sandpaper smooth down the eye openings. And are you doing bubble lenses or regular? You could also get a small thing of model grey paint and paint the frown. And some blue for the tube stripes. Good to hear your back on it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

Use a piece of sandpaper smooth down the eye openings. And are you doing bubble lenses or regular? You could also get a small thing of model grey paint and paint the frown. And some blue for the tube stripes. Good to hear your back on it.

Im sanding the eyes as I type. I'm doing regular lenses. I'm planning on spraying the whole thing in plastidip so it matches the armor, and painting on the details. thanks!

I cut out the two front teeth that where filled in for whatever reason.

mpgevBn.jpg

I first used my exacto knife. I spun it so make holes so it would be easier to cut.

chvu7IX.jpg

then i just cut them out, and did some more cleaning up.

XOT27Ho.jpg

Edited by Cheeseballs
extra content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tat2trooper said:

Man you are going to kill it once you get your first ABS TK kit bud. :jc_doublethumbup: I did the same thing your doing with my Kylo Ren black series helmet. Keep up the good work.

thanks mate. I do hope to do a real kit someday, and join the 501st as a true stormtrooper... 

sanded the helmet seam, and it looks better and sits more flush. still need to do more filling though,

K3IwrV0.jpg4i6UbB9.jpgzMNb3Jp.jpg

My dad also found these little pyramids for me that will be perfect for the sniper knee plate. they're a litte big, but that's okay.

1v2ASTW.jpg

my dad also got me the Black Series Archive Death Trooper re-release! thanks dad.

fy1YP9h.jpgxIdqv8S.jpg

F6w8EF3.jpg

• Like 1