Weight = approx 64kgs

Boots Maker = self finished

Canvas belt = TM

Hand Plates Type = Imperial Warfighters

Electronics = TRamp + TroopaCoola

Neck Seal Type = The Imperial Seamstress

Holster Maker = Burkbench Designs

Hi folks,

I’m back again with another suit. I finished this suit last Sept (2020) but am only just getting around to submitting. So, no additional EIB number required. Just for fun. ;-)

8c2ff94716212bf71c36a8d0d7dfb851.jpg

22df7b84839e83944c2b21723ce9aa40.jpg

c6e4d1c5dcc8c273bd380844c89d3cd3.jpg

4113bbb492aed711fc9954d744281426.jpg

e4554a4da908c2b14d36ec56cf61da48.jpg

dd742c62e71ded75e5adccd8973fd8a3.jpg

5226ae8d8375ca1b0af4b81145c5797d.jpg

7a68eb45bc6126c2646ff05c9ca5752d.jpg

Action shot:

94d013c8c2a3b8bc5ae5212045063914.jpg

Ab detail (before bracket nuts were painted white)

abbbecff876db2dfafe81e557acb2cc7.jpg

Cod / butt connection:

329096a5af0264092382009224b011a9.jpg

Internal Strapping (original method):

3bb43b9ca46697df4ec804f54b6e0e8f.png

Helmet all angles (with hovi detail clear)

4ddf8c74eb19fe76db7c4a9d6060c78c.jpg

34d8b271f5f85a2f68bf615ff8714885.jpg

a1fc8e4d48f090a9396d3c9de11d3f11.jpg

aedd8f34319bc510c4a01bce57d2657f.jpg

6fc00c5ae875ed07288158db3e72e718.jpg

Wrist end return edge:

36f2fdf3b3ffe9a93aea078f51b03caf.png

c45d29b4a7f4edd3e3aab96ebe517db7.png

Thigh ammonia I attachment:

978c8d52372d2466956386c8dcbacc7a.jpg

54507c223aaedbd39f207c8d291dc42e.jpg

edac58ac89d46c85c24dac71ffbdcc06.jpg

Sniper Knee:

24c8de06db7325a69a76a706a8d79bc9.jpg

ef462e7a9abb364598d06f2604e142df.jpg

Reference for alignment;

9f3971916d02bd9ad6d7b505c8cb8d09.jpg

Neck seal:

809cb9ed7597e2d31147ec9269fb3265.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

477d69f8e347a68dc7e1d9cf1b89d04d.jpg

40d0ef99845a09ac06db40352a06d7f3.jpg

2654996baf6e6d63e11fec3c5328ff9d.jpg

977e9383eb73e8d2f8fb9fce09dbaaf2.jpg

Green tinted lenses:

7f3beb26535d822babaf2aee829de983.jpg

bf873090f1b133fa4b9c678c0066c2df.jpg

fe1ee6d80faec4c241a7947e58564e1f.jpg

50e939822e1c2a3edb7e5b85d3438553.jpg

Blaster in hand (helpful to see Hengstler position)

6db488112c0e873d2c7733acef9c025b.jpg

Extras;

Holster attachment (around 40mm from ABS belt) prior to side rivet painting

3ae935641c8edbcbabca4fec16b63bb6.jpg

Replica elastic shaping and added gaffers tape:

5910ab10bb3bb471ee6c21ed559a8b94.jpg

Front return edge removed on shoulder bridges:

6e20e67ee151d26ac535b55a44565d79.jpg

Inspired by the original suits:

ca84967a7871dffc6410ab8c645db7ef.jpg

Small details matter. ;-)

b009aecae81537fc8ab7718614c85126.png

ada6b5025812aeba1d132568ab20b4b6.jpg

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything. It’s been a while since my last application. ;-)

Best wishes

Dan / CableGuy

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to CableGuy TK42911 "2nd Version" ANH Stunt EIB (TM)

Nice work Dan, loving the helmet detail, TM is a kit I will get my hands on one day.

One area you could just tweak is the corners of the rear traps, could be more angular opposed to rounded

DaveMANH06.jpg.b3f092ad1d43c125e4df8ef18c30384e.jpglarge.56938104_10104576587274213_1956484

One of the images the DO's may like is a full back photo.

I'd say good luck but there would be no point ;) 

Nice work Dan, loving the helmet detail, TM is a kit I will get my hands on one day.

One area you could just tweak is the corners of the rear traps, could be more angular opposed to rounded

DaveMANH06.jpg.b3f092ad1d43c125e4df8ef18c30384e.jpglarge.56938104_10104576587274213_1956484347812904960_n.jpg.a6e1830590f6010f790efd63d6392b4a.jpg

One of the images the DO's may like is a full back photo.

I'd say good luck but there would be no point  

Great spot, Glen. Those bottom corners especially. I feel a little tweak coming. :-)

Thanks for the kudos. Fully spray painting the whole helmet really brings a different edge to it.
I’ve noticed that the side rivets are overlapping after I uploaded the photos. I’m expecting an “advisory” for that. ;-)
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

I’ve noticed that the side rivets are overlapping after I uploaded the photos. I’m expecting an “advisory” for that. ;-)

You may find it's just when you have lifted your arms, I've noticed that on a few apps ;) 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, CableGuy said:

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything. It’s been a while since my last application. ;-)

Hi Dan.

Could you please add the following couple of photos ?

Ab to Kidney connection  both sides without the ab belt. (don't need to suit up.)

something like this

YRB3Uiv.jpg?1

Thanks  :salute:

Hi Dan, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

***************************************************

Great to see one of your awesome builds Dan, It's  my honor, and a little intimidating,  to review a master armorer work.

Let's start from top.

Just a small detail on your helmet . Is seems like the rear traps corners are a bit rounded and they  could be more angular as the references. One minute painting session make the deal. 

Reference Images

4k0uvhD.jpg?2                             l6QOLDP.jpg     0oj0Nn4.jpg?1   FtwRvLW.jpg?1

Ideally, your helmet could be a bit lower . I had this issue too and what I did was to remove the top sponge lining and leave just a piece of thin foam. It worked very nice. 

Reference Images

6Nly1dd.jpg   oIbw7Qg.jpg                  iu7Ibyv.jpg?1

There is a bit overlap in the back plate over the shoulder bell, just to take car every time when suiting up your armor. 

Reference Images

stxcSH4.jpg?1                                gqtHZ4o.jpg          2aVQZfi.jpg

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL L3: The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Perhaps it could be a light effect but it seems that your elastic band on the shoulders is missing, that may cause your shoulder bridges are riding little up. Placing the elastic could solve the issue or plan B could be a hot water bath for them.                                                                                                                                                     

Reference Images

ZyiPMNI.jpg?1                     FnsZbx0.jpg?1           mkTl8Nm.png?2

sNK0Dob.jpg?1                                                                        OqeCUQD.jpg?1           5vJpyIg.jpg?1

CRL L3: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

This is the most common issue , the Ab belt is riding a bit low. A piece of velcro behind the plastic belt could do the trick. Easy fix!

Reference Images

RX6no5m.jpg?1            oSsuucN.jpg?1    TqNDcWK.jpg?1   ieF7xdu.jpg?1

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

Your Ab/Kidney connection is a little overlapping and this causes the misalignment on top.  Perhaps a strapping adjustment could help.  

Reference Images

ZPSUKnL.jpg?1   CFMTLx2.jpg?1                  zerv2hM.jpg?1                1rV9hwu.jpg?1

Moving on your TD , It looks like the button panel is a bit high , rotating backwards could help and may be centering it with the canvas belt.

Reference Images

tmiUnHD.jpg?1    F9o4OOM.jpg?1     XlNKKrL.jpg?1   tAX2i7U.jpg?1   

Your butt plate is going a bit over the kidney armor, I would suggest  doing a strapping adjustment  to get it closer.

Reference Images

UadsBaQ.jpg                 7DodTkM.jpg?2      H0oWKfi.jpg

Looking at your thighs, they are superposing  the butt plate  and this could be a potential "armor bites" issue.  What I should do? plan A: I could try to lower the thighs down if I have enough space and plan B: Trimming a bit them to gain room.  

Reference Images

2qVuxHB.jpg?1                      5swiKa8.jpg?2             9uMRHKp.jpg?1

xK7Hki0.jpg?1                                    8ITZnkr.jpg                6AQSNWS.jpg?2

CRL L2: Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

Finally, this is a more challenging issue Trooper, but we know and are confident in  your expertise. Even though the Sniper Knee vertical alignment is perfect, they are running a bit low with the ridges of the shin.

Reference Images

5tqa3UX.jpg?1   sPJuNPc.jpg?1             SauQQOO.jpg          hDOHSZh.jpg     qMWzk1i.jpg?1

Congratulations again Dan, and looking forward for your  Centurion app.   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

• TKSpartan changed the title to CableGuy TK42911 "2nd Version" ANH Stunt EIB (TM) Approved

Hi Dan, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Great to see one of your awesome builds Dan, It's  my honor, and a little intimidating,  to review a master armorer work.

Let's start from top.

Just a small detail on your helmet . Is seems like the rear traps corners are a bit rounded and they  could be more angular as the references. One minute painting session make the deal. 

Reference Images

4k0uvhD.jpg?2                             l6QOLDP.jpg     0oj0Nn4.jpg?1   FtwRvLW.jpg?1

Ideally, your helmet could be a bit lower . I had this issue too and what I did was to remove the top sponge lining and leave just a piece of thin foam. It worked very nice. 

Reference Images

6Nly1dd.jpg   oIbw7Qg.jpg                  iu7Ibyv.jpg?1

There is a bit overlap in the back plate over the shoulder bell, just to take car every time when suiting up your armor. 

Reference Images

stxcSH4.jpg?1                                gqtHZ4o.jpg          2aVQZfi.jpg

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL L3: The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Perhaps it could be a light effect but it seems that your elastic band on the shoulders is missing, that may cause your shoulder bridges are riding little up. Placing the elastic could solve the issue or plan B could be a hot water bath for them.                                                                                                                                                     

Reference Images

ZyiPMNI.jpg?1                     FnsZbx0.jpg?1           mkTl8Nm.png?2

sNK0Dob.jpg?1                                                                        OqeCUQD.jpg?1           5vJpyIg.jpg?1

CRL L3: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

This is the most common issue , the Ab belt is riding a bit low. A piece of velcro behind the plastic belt could do the trick. Easy fix!

Reference Images

RX6no5m.jpg?1            oSsuucN.jpg?1    TqNDcWK.jpg?1   ieF7xdu.jpg?1

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

Your Ab/Kidney connection is a little overlapping and this causes the misalignment on top.  Perhaps a strapping adjustment could help.  

Reference Images

ZPSUKnL.jpg?1   CFMTLx2.jpg?1                  zerv2hM.jpg?1                1rV9hwu.jpg?1

Moving on your TD , It looks like the button panel is a bit high , rotating backwards could help and may be centering it with the canvas belt.

Reference Images

tmiUnHD.jpg?1    F9o4OOM.jpg?1     XlNKKrL.jpg?1   tAX2i7U.jpg?1   

Your butt plate is going a bit over the kidney armor, I would suggest  doing a strapping adjustment  to get it closer.

Reference Images

UadsBaQ.jpg                 7DodTkM.jpg?2      H0oWKfi.jpg

Looking at your thighs, they are superposing  the butt plate  and this could be a potential "armor bites" issue.  What I should do? plan A: I could try to lower the thighs down if I have enough space and plan B: Trimming a bit them to gain room.  

Reference Images

2qVuxHB.jpg?1                      5swiKa8.jpg?2             9uMRHKp.jpg?1

xK7Hki0.jpg?1                                    8ITZnkr.jpg                6AQSNWS.jpg?2

CRL L2: Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

Finally, this is a more challenging issue Trooper, but we know and are confident in  your expertise. Even though the Sniper Knee vertical alignment is perfect, they are running a bit low with the ridges of the shin.

Reference Images

5tqa3UX.jpg?1   sPJuNPc.jpg?1             SauQQOO.jpg          hDOHSZh.jpg     qMWzk1i.jpg?1

Congratulations again Dan, and looking forward for your  Centurion app.   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Hi Mario,

Many thanks for taking the time to review my suit. Good points raised - I’ll be sure to have a look over these. I’m proud to reach EIB level with this suit. :-)

Thank you (and Glen ;-)) for the tips on the rear traps. I’d followed a Sandy with the rounder lower corners, but, you are quite right that many TKs have the sharper corners. I’ll give that a little tweak. :-)

Those 6mm shoulder elastics keep sliding down so I’ll add a fixing under the back plate to jeep them a little lower, thus the bridges floating a bit higher.

3724c5db974142aa74131fed50e322c7.jpg

Good shout on the thermal Detonator. I’ll take a look at some additional references and check the alignment.

Regarding the sniper knee, I’m pretty comfortable with the position of it for now. If you are happy to mark up what you guys feel would be “ideal”, I’ll double check it.

f8c6de3cb720af9aaae94763f07b8056.jpg

I’ll have a check over the strapping as you’re quite right regarding the side rivets and butt plate, for example. I’ll do a fresh set of photos for Centurion.

Many thanks again to you and the team.

Best wishes and stay safe,

Dan :-)
  • Like 1