ANH (Stunt) TK build

RageQuit

Have you stopped happy dancing :laugh1:

Great news, hope the fitting goes well

• Like 1

Quick test fit today, overall the armour fits really nicely - very snug, can't bend down, etc. Kinda forgot how restrictive wearing armour is.
I will need to make some strapping adjustment and am very happy with how it all does sit.
Re the photos below, I need to lift the thighs, with that done I am still getting some rubbing as re photo 2. The knee ammo belt rubs against the top of my calf muscle when walking. Not too sure what to do about it.

Legs-01.jpg

Legs-02.jpg

Edited by RageQuit

1 hour ago, tat2trooper said:

That is a weird issue mine doesn't touch my leg at all.  You try playing with it seeing if it does the same thing?

Not much to play with, made sure the ammo belt is pushed up as far as it can go.

I need to shorten the thigh straps first, then re-test.

Another question of many - looking at helmet padding systems that ppl have used - need to work that out before I drop the electronics in.

Edited by RageQuit

Also looking at replacing the original RS thin green film for the eyes with something more substantial. Love to here what has been used by other troopers

Edited by RageQuit

Why are you wanting to raise the thighs? They look high already. You can probably trim some of the return edge at the top of the thighs though to give yourself some space.

I don’t see how the ammo strap/pouch can be rubbing your calf given the gap between the 2 parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RageQuit said:

Not much to play with, made sure the ammo belt is pushed up as far as it can go.

I need to shorten the thigh straps first, then re-test.

Another question of many - looking at helmet padding systems that ppl have used - need to work that out before I drop the electronics in.

I have a large head, so had to have zero padding at the very top to not have too big a gap between the my helmet and the shoulder straps.

Might be worth waiting till you've got the torso loosely together before coming to helmet wiring and padding.

All the best with your build :duim:

4 hours ago, RageQuit said:

Quick test fit today, overall the armour fits really nicely - very snug, can't bend down, etc. Kinda forgot how restrictive wearing armour is.
I will need to make some strapping adjustment and am very happy with how it all does sit.
Re the photos below, I need to lift the thighs, with that done I am still getting some rubbing as re photo 2. The knee ammo belt rubs against the top of my calf muscle when walking. Not too sure what to do about it.

Legs-02.jpg

Just checking, do you mean its rubbing on your calf armour, or your actual, human calf?

44 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Just checking, do you mean its rubbing on your calf armour, or your actual, human calf?

Human calf - bend my knee about 30 degrees or so, the bottom of the ammo belt rubs my calf muscle.

47 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

I have a large head, so had to have zero padding at the very top to not have too big a gap between the my helmet and the shoulder straps.

Might be worth waiting till you've got the torso loosely together before coming to helmet wiring and padding.

All the best with your build :duim:

Yes good idea-am going to concentrate on getting the thigh strapping fixed, then work on bicep mod.

3 minutes ago, RageQuit said:

Human calf - bend my knee about 30 degrees or so, the bottom of the ammo belt rubs my calf muscle.

Wondered if that was the case, as its a reasonable gap between thigh and shin.

Does the bottom of the thigh armor feel quite tight, or would you say its a good fit?

I can see why you'd want to raise the thighs, as it must be uncomfortable having this rub all the time.

Have you had any joy with that?

The calf pieces are lined up perfectly, but the thighs are twisted out a bit and the highest parts are almost on your sides.  Ideally, the cover strips should line up as seen below:

We5q2CA.jpg         8LzgPGm.jpg?1  Tpke2Xp.jpg?2  Ri1oHQy.jpg?1

Twisting them in may just get rid of the chafing from the thigh ammo pack, but until you get the strapping done it's hard to tell.

The areas that I would be concerned about are those in the groin.  I don't suggest having ANY of the return edges there, as after an hour of walking they have the potential to really cut into you ("armor bite") depending on how tight they fit.

qozZsUy.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info - I have twisted the thighs inwards as recommended - the ammo belt no longer rubs - when I bend my knee it gets to about 70-80 degrees tilt before the armour strikes the back of my leg, so assume that will be ok. Made changes to the thigh strapping system today and will be doing a full test fit this coming week.

• Like 1

Shaded green safety lens works well, also green acrylic sheet.

There are so many different ways to attach, screws with bases and tabs, gaffa tape, double sided adhesive tape, silicon, hot glue the list goes on. I hold in place with masking tape then apply some silicon in places around the lens and leave for a few days to dry.

A couple of threads you may find useful

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

Are you using the original green film or something else? I'm looking at all options for the lens.

Almost finished lining my bucket with velcro which will provide multiple cable options.

Edited by RageQuit

13 hours ago, RageQuit said:

Thanks for the info.

Are you using the original green film or something else? I'm looking at all options for the lens.

Almost finished lining my bucket with velcro which will provide multiple cable options.

For my RS I had some film left over from an ATA build, this is a green safety lens which is a little thicker so it's harder to see through, I found the RS lens a little  see through.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:48 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

For my RS I had some film left over from an ATA build, this is a green safety lens which is a little thicker so it's harder to see through, I found the RS lens a little  see through.

Thanks, where did you buy your green safety lens from? This and the helmet padding are the next 2 items on my agenda prior to fitting out electronics.

NB: I am now officially TK-10346 - approval just came thru this morning :)

43 minutes ago, RageQuit said:

Thanks, where did you buy your green safety lens from? This and the helmet padding are the next 2 items on my agenda prior to fitting out electronics.

NB: I am now officially TK-10346 - approval just came thru this morning :)

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper, you can request higher access here 

Found the safety lens on eBay, was just a generic green lens, not welding screen as that is too thick 

57 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper, you can request higher access here 

Found the safety lens on eBay, was just a generic green lens, not welding screen as that is too thick 

Thanks, have submitted FISD access per 501 link.

Have a fellow garrison member who can give me some spare lens so all good on that front.