Some Tube Stripe Questions

Hello everyone. I am in the process of building a set of AM 4.5. I am trying to finish the helmet and had a few questions. I should note that I am aiming for Centurion. I decided to hand paint my helmet as I messed up putting on the decals. So far I have painted the tears and traps, and the frown, and I feel I did a fairly decent job. The questions I have are these. Is it okay if I use the tube stripe decals that came with my kit, or should they be painted as well? While searching Trooperbay for the masking templates, he has a standard set as well as hand painted ones. I'm assuming I would want hand painted if I went the template route. Thanks in advance for the help and guidance. 

Edited by TK-42134

Hey trooper,

Great to hear you are going for Centurion. As you are aiming high, I would avoid the supplied decals / stickers. As you suggested, the hand painted style paint templates from TrooperBay are a good middle ground. This link is handy before you start painting; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44755-tube-stripes-anh-stunt-dave-m/

If you want to go the whole hog, you could try this method:

• Like 1

Thanks [mention=31976]CableGuy[/mention]. I'll check it out. I am actually watching one of your videos on the stripes for the tears and traps right now. 

Ah, cool. I hope they’re helpful. :-)
  • Like 1

I just ordered a set of handpainted templates from Trooperbay. Thanks again @CableGuy. I guess I better get busy on getting my ears on. I see the light at the end of the tunnel on my helmet though. 

Edited by TK-42134
  • Like 1

You can also make your own tube strip templates

Also take note of the direction of the fall of the stripes at the front, they lean forward at the tops

00a63035f5a6bab81dc18d6d523bb9b6.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can also make your own tube strip templates

I thought about having my wife make some on her Cricut machine, but our house is a little out of order due to us having the interior painted. I think I'll be happy with the templates, and knowing that everything is painted on. As usual, thank you @gmrhodes13for the advice. 

• Like 1