Hello from California!

Eliteski2

David,
Welcome aboard! You are not alone, we've all been there before. Honestly, you've taken the first appropriate step and introduced yourself. You can now expect to be flooded with information on how to get started. Absorb as much as you can, because the people in this community are awesome and more than helpful.
I'm assuming that you've already started navigating the forums, but just in case, check out the Getting Started section. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

For me, I kind of already knew the direction I wanted to go, but still I naturally gravitated towards the "avoid these sellers" threads. Unsurprisingly, there were a few suppliers on those lists who I had already stumbled across. Regardless, check out that "Getting Started" section of the forum.
Anyways, glad to have you aboard and I look forward to seeing you suited up as a TK.

44 minutes ago, Eliteski2 said:

Hello there!

Finally trying to realize a childhood dream. Already in over my head and have no idea what I’m doing.

I’m learning as I go, and very excited to join the community. 

Thanks all!

Hi David, welcome to FISD. Glad to read you are, as we were sometime, in the way to make a dream come true.  Read the info the fellow troopers have gave you and let us know  how we can help you.

:salute::salute::salute:

Welcome aboard David!

As you can see the information flows quickly around hear, so start your research, ask loads of questions and your journey shall begin.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Welcome everyone!  I should have mentioned at first. I already have an Anovos Kit that I picked up on FB marketplace. Of course I bought it without really knowing where to start, but this site, and some local guys,  have already been extremely helpful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eliteski2 said:

Thanks for the Welcome everyone!  I should have mentioned at first. I already have an Anovos Kit that I picked up on FB marketplace. Of course I bought it without really knowing where to start, but this site, and some local guys,  have already been extremely helpful. 

Then I highly recomment to have a look at @ukswraths buildthread:

You should also open a WIP (work in progress) thread and post your step-by-step progress, you will get a lot of feedback here. :)

On 1/10/2021 at 12:32 PM, Ripper_L said:

Then I highly recomment to have a look at @ukswraths buildthread:

You should also open a WIP (work in progress) thread and post your step-by-step progress, you will get a lot of feedback here. :)

Yes! I am using that tutorial. I contacted my local garrison already and they’ve been giving me help, including turning me on to that tutorial.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eliteski2 said:

Yes! I am using that tutorial. I contacted my local garrison already and they’ve been giving me help, including turning me on to that tutorial.  

Excellent - you're off to a great start! Anovos can be built into some beautiful armor, so just do your research, ask questions, and enjoy the ride! Let us know if we can help :) 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:24 PM, Eliteski2 said:

Welcome.  Looks like you have a decent start.  Of course not knowing what was done with the previous armor, I encourage you to still go through the beginners threads and align with the armor you have to ensure youre meeting specifications.