Finally ordered my first set of armor! RS ANH-S in ABS

TK Monkus

I finally made the decision and put in my order for a set of RS armor! I am super excited and can't wait for it all to arrive.

While it is daunting and already a bit overwhelming, I would like to shoot for centurion right off the bat. This is my first time doing anything like this and will need to order pretty much everything tools wise. I have already had so much help in another thread when I was trying to decide which armor to get and am very thankful. I have a link to a post from justjoseph63 that shows all the tools I will need and am going to start ordering pretty much everything on that list. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-ot-tk-build/

I did order the RS strap pack and am wondering if anyone knows if that comes with the rivets (is that the right word?) needed to reach centurion or if I need to look at ordering others from that list? I had seen a picture of a strap pack but think it may have changed a bit since.

Also wondering if anyone can recommend a good build thread, or couple, to follow of someone with RS that went centurion from the start. I saw Diana's RS build pinned and have looked through that and it seems to be very good. 

I am going to order by boots from Imperial Boots and will order my undersuit probably from someone like underamrour that has something that could help with heat.

Neck seal, Gloves, Holster, and canvas belt are all coming from RS also.

I do need to get an E-11 still. I see that certain makers are no longer in production and am looking to probably just get a pre-built blaster that will pass centurion. I would like one that I don't mind giving to someone and not having to worry they can break it.

Hopefully that BBB comes soon and I can make my official build thread! Any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1

Great news, looking forward to seeing your BBB photos soon.

Here is a break down of the RS strapping pack, which may be of help:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great news, looking forward to seeing your BBB photos soon.

Here is a break down of the RS strapping pack, which may be of help:

Thank you that is helpful. I think you had sent this to me before, which I watched, but didn't quite understand it all then.  I think I will look at going with snap strapping instead of the original way as it seems to be more sturdy and better for the armor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Matt!  I picked up RS' PVC version.  Don't make my mistake in just following RS tuts alone, watch Ritchie, watch Cableguy, there is a wealth of information and helpful troopers here.  Yes the strap pack comes with all your rivets, all metal parts, buttons, snaps.  Yep - all there.  Rob's belt cutting nearly screwed my build as it didn't follow the CRL with the precise 45 degree cuts.

Edited by Zinfer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zinfer said:

Congrats Matt!  I picked up RS' PVC version.  Don't make my mistake in just following RS tuts alone, watch Ritchie, watch Cableguy, there is a wealth of information and helpful troopers here.  Yes the strap pack comes with all your rivets, all metal parts, buttons, snaps.  Yep - all there.  Rob's belt cutting nearly screwed my build as it didn't follow the CRL with the precise 45 degree cuts.

Thanks so much for the input! I am planing on finding a few builds here and mainly following them, so thanks for the additional people to check out. I think I am going to alter my snapping and go the double snap route so am ordering the necessary supplies for that, but good to know they come with everything just in case.

Congratulations Matt, very nice purchase. Don't stress too much with your build, it wont take long and you will be very confident in all aspects of it.

The double snap strapping has worked exceptionally well for many members here including myself, another good choice.

Looking forward to your BBB day and subsequent build thread.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, TK Monkus said:

I did order the RS strap pack and am wondering if anyone knows if that comes with the rivets (is that the right word?) needed to reach centurion or if I need to look at ordering others from that list? I had seen a picture of a strap pack but think it may have changed a bit since.

I do need to get an E-11 still. I see that certain makers are no longer in production and am looking to probably just get a pre-built blaster that will pass centurion. I would like one that I don't mind giving to someone and not having to worry they can break it.

The strapping pack should come with all the required hardware for centurion.

I don't recall all E-11 makers, but I've seen good things about Hellhounds blasters. It's a rubber/foam blaster, so it'll stand up to trooping and won't break easily. It seems he sells them on etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/755159316/high-end-rubberfoam-stormtrooper-e-11?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e-11&ref=sr_gallery-1-19&organic_search_click=1

Also another maker is praetorian blasters: https://m.facebook.com/BlasterMaker/

Here's a thread of someone asking about rubber E-11 makers. I've just skimmed it quickly, but it should be helpful. https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/who-is-making-rubber-hyperfirm-blasters-these-days.334768/

• Like 1

I don't understand why you didn't just order the blaster from RS . Theirs are super accurate , and unlike others, have a hollow alloy tube down the middle, making them super strong and infinitely customisable if you go that route . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rob .T . said:

I don't understand why you didn't just order the blaster from RS . Theirs are super accurate , and unlike others, have a hollow alloy tube down the middle, making them super strong and infinitely customisable if you go that route . 

It would seem they have their blaster listed as "out of stock". Still, emailing to ask about buying one is a good option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, Rob .T . said:

On 4/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, PhilBobTheFish said:

It would seem they have their blaster listed as "out of stock". Still, emailing to ask about buying one is a good option.

I could ask if they would allow me to purchase one, however when I ordered I seem to remember they only would sell them if you did the full commission. I went the route of self build. I will email them anyhow as you are right, it couldn't hurt to ask.

• Like 3

BBB has finally come!

I am starting my build thread and will post anything in there from here on out. Thank you all for your help this far, I know it is only just beginning.

• Like 2

I finally made the decision and put in my order for a set of RS armor! I am super excited and can't wait for it all to arrive.

While it is daunting and already a bit overwhelming, I would like to shoot for centurion right off the bat. This is my first time doing anything like this and will need to order pretty much everything tools wise. I have already had so much help in another thread when I was trying to decide which armor to get and am very thankful. I have a link to a post from justjoseph63 that shows all the tools I will need and am going to start ordering pretty much everything on that list. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-ot-tk-build/

Also wondering if anyone can recommend a good build thread, or couple, to follow of someone with RS that went centurion from the start. I saw Diana's RS build pinned and have looked through that and it seems to be very good. 

I am going to order by boots from Imperial Boots and will order my undersuit probably from someone like underamrour that has something that could help with heat.

Neck seal, Gloves, Holster, and canvas belt are all coming from RS also.

Hopefully that BBB comes soon and I can make my official build thread! Any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew

Hey Matthew

Hope the build is going well. :-)

You mentioned a good build to follow - if I may, I’d suggest following (or at least watching) the YouTube series of videos by RS themselves. They discuss all of the original measurements and follow original methods as close as possible. They show references of real suits which, in my opinion, is the best reference you can get.

If you’re a little bigger than the original actors, no worries - you can always scale up the measurements.

Also, don’t forget the image gallery for inspiration: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

Other build threads can be helpful for tips, however, you’re then copying a copy. If they got something wrong, you then get something wrong etc.

:-)

54 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hey Matthew

Hope the build is going well. :-)

You mentioned a good build to follow - if I may, I’d suggest following (or at least watching) the YouTube series of videos by RS themselves. They discuss all of the original measurements and follow original methods as close as possible. They show references of real suits which, in my opinion, is the best reference you can get.

If you’re a little bigger than the original actors, no worries - you can always scale up the measurements.

Also, don’t forget the image gallery for inspiration: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

Other build threads can be helpful for tips, however, you’re then copying a copy. If they got something wrong, you then get something wrong etc.

:-)

Hey Dan!

Thank you very much! I actually have your build thread as one that I am following and gleaning info from!

I actually just went and watched the first couple RS videos which I will definitely be following. I am actually probably a bit smaller than the originals at 5'10 and skinny so I think my problem is going to be sizing things down. Yep, I will probably be posting a lot of questions and pictures in my thread which hopefully after a little bit maybe I will get the hang of things.

Hi Matthew,

Actually, 5.10 and slim is almost perfect for the original sizes. I’d certainly start with the measurements that Rob gives in the videos to see if they’ll fit you. Trust me, the original sizes are pretty slim - I’m a reasonably slim fella and had to size up the thighs, for example. If you go too thin, the proportions might start to look ‘off’.

Nice to hear you’ve seen my builds. If it’s the RWA build, I’ve learned a lot since then. I’ve posted quite a few educational videos on my YouTube channel which are more accurate, if you want to check them out:

I’m very excited for you. The RS suits are literally a historic connection to the original suits. It’s very exciting building an RS product. :-)

11 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Matthew,

Actually, 5.10 and slim is almost perfect for the original sizes. I’d certainly start with the measurements that Rob gives in the videos to see if they’ll fit you. Trust me, the original sizes are pretty slim - I’m a reasonably slim fella and had to size up the thighs, for example. If you go too thin, the proportions might start to look ‘off’.

Nice to hear you’ve seen my builds. If it’s the RWA build, I’ve learned a lot since then. I’ve posted quite a few educational videos on my YouTube channel which are more accurate, if you want to check them out:

I’m very excited for you. The RS suits are literally a historic connection to the original suits. It’s very exciting building an RS product. :-)

Thanks, I am very excited as well! Yes the "looking off" bit is something I would love to avoid. I will definitely check out some of your vids, thanks!

I think the build was a TM suit. This is the one I'm looking at.

Thanks, I am very excited as well! Yes the "looking off" bit is something I would love to avoid. I will definitely check out some of your vids, thanks!

I think the build was a TM suit. This is the one I'm looking at.

Ah, cool. I went to town on some of the details for the TM build. I followed the RS vids for the measurements but went above and beyond with some of the replication parts (like little quirks of the originals etc).

I look forward to following your build. :-)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

measurements but went above and beyond with some of the replication parts (like little quirks of the originals etc).

You did? Hue...never noticed that.

:laugh1: (I’m sooo funny:P

• Like 1