Sign in to follow this  
Juliusthegreat

How's the trim?

Hi,

I am doing some triming on the helmet. I just want some of you people to see if I should trim more at some places.

I have looked and it's not easy since I am afraid I will trim too much (maybe I already did :blink: ).

I am not so happy about the teeth but dont dare to do more on them before getting some points.

And right now I am only using the thin green film behind the eyes, I got thick green plastic I will add later.

Thanks in advance :)

Looks good!

I´m no expert on these lids, but maybe, just maybe... just can remove just a little more around the area of the eyebump?

But wait ´til someone who knows the lid comes with some more advice on this.

If you don't want to trim you can always us a file. I did that one a few helmets and it worked fine. You are definitely going to want to trim or file down the eyes more.

If you don't want to trim you can always us a file. I did that one a few helmets and it worked fine. You are definitely going to want to trim or file down the eyes more.

Ok, I was thinking about it also. I will do some more with the eyes but not too much.

I can feel a small edge around the eyes, I guess I should not feel any edge at all?

Thanks for your answer.

Looks good!

I´m no expert on these lids, but maybe, just maybe... just can remove just a little more around the area of the eyebump?

But wait ´til someone who knows the lid comes with some more advice on this.

I value everyones opinion, thanks :D .

You need to trim in close to the middle of the eyes where they meet the nose area. That's were you need the most work on.

The frown looks good to me, Im in agreement with everyone else that you need to remove more flashing around the eyes.

Ok here is how it looks now:

I have tried looking at other helmets how much I should trim, but it's not easy to see.

That's why you are my judges :) .

Thanks for the assistance :D .

MUCH MUCH MUCH better .. and ultra clean job!!!

Kudos to you!

MUCH MUCH MUCH better .. and ultra clean job!!!

Kudos to you!

Now I only need to figure out a good way to be able to paint it nice also. Paint a wall: :) . Paint a helmet: :(