Getting started on a remnants incinerator

After a quick mail exchange with Jim, paid the rest of my order and it should ship soon enough. Exciting. Hopefully customs are more lenient this time around (one can dream).

• Like 2

Great news looking forward to seeing those BBB photos soon

• Like 1

So... since I have STL files, better get the hardware to print it out :P Just ordered an artillery sidewinder x1. Pretty excited to get into 3D printing, not that stevechewbacca pushed me heavily somewhat :D

• Like 1

If you haven't 3D printed before I would suggest adding slightly thicker walls when printing, helps with strength of pieces, I find printed parts can be easily cracked.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If you haven't 3D printed before I would suggest adding slightly thicker walls when printing, helps with strength of pieces, I find printed parts can be easily cracked.

I will pop my cherry on 3D printing, it's a first for me. Slightly scary. But Steve is here to the rescue hopefully :)

1 hour ago, stevechewbacca said:

Again, I'll be happy to help you start this journey ;) 
The next things to get are filler, pvc glue and sand paper (a lot of it) ^^

You gotta have to make an amazon list for me lol. Sanding, I hate sand :D

1 hour ago, Startide said:

Another question : there is currently only a CRL for the videogame, how does that work for the mandalorian version of the incinerator in that case ?

You could print some Rogue One TK armour, paint it up, and be the model for the live action version CRL:)  

Honestly, I have no idea where things are at with the live action CRL - all I know is that it looked awesome in the Mandalorian.  

EDIT: I actually read the rest of the posts - I see you are getting armour from Jim.  Nice! Disregard the printing part then.  :)

Edited by wook1138
  • Like 1

Another question : https://imgur.com/a/UUVaQcU

I checked the episode again and I am a little confused about the pipes that link up to the front valves (below the mesh / nested part). They look like hardtubing in most scenes, and also on the hot toys figurine.

But there is one clip where the trooper holds his gun (wrong, btw) by that part instead of using the grip, and the pipes don't seem to be in the same place. What do you guys think, is this supposed to be soft tubing or hardtubing ? Even then I wonder if they didn't use 2 different guns when shooting those scenes.

Ideas / suggestions ?

Ok, now I see it.
I think it is more like a rubber sheath or something where the gaz wires get through and which allow him to hold it there (which still would be a bad idea with the gun part over it :p )

• Like 1