Getting started on a remnants incinerator

We have had no luck finding a specific paint code that was used in production.

If I were you I would be looking at some paint swatches and getting as close to screen colour as you can. Compare the Hot Toys to the screen and see how different they are when compared.

Production also sometime develop their own colour so it isn’t as easy to match. 
thw CRL won’t just choose a colour, this is part of the research you need to put in when wanting a new to legion costume :)

TBH, my intial belief is that I am going to use the same tone as the Shocktrooper I have, they look real similar. Having said that, it is still easier to wait until CRL is approved, and ask that model Trooper, what he or she used, and either use the same, or get a similar pantone overseas. I have at least 10-12 approvals doing it like that which is why I stated I was going to wait for CRL. I have also worked on a costume whilst CRL was being devoloped to only find, later on, that certain changes had been made last minute :( Kylo TROS was another disaster - so just being cautios at this point.

9 hours ago, Yiyo said:

I personally would hold off the specific paint colors (the red), until CRL is published, at least that is what I am doing. Just in case.

Unfortunately a CRL can't be finalized until someone completes a full costume which means someone has to bite the bullet and commit to a color red. 

• 2 years later...

Geeting back into that project after a couple hectic years, I was looking into how to make smoke from that flamethrower...

I found the microfogger machine, but it's super expensive. Are there alternatives to make decent amounts of smoke ?

2 hours ago, Startide said:

I found the microfogger machine, but it's super expensive. Are there alternatives to make decent amounts of smoke ?

I bit the bullet with an earlier version 3 lite which wasn't as expensive as the current model, it's for my mando jetpack and with dispersers tips and lights it's quite good. 

I've seen people use vapes but they just don't seem to give enough smoke, I looked into purchasing a vape, remote, battery pack and air motor and by time that added up the Microfogger really wasn't that much more expensive.

Heaps if videos on YouTube using vapes if you want to pursue one of those 

I am still using the bottle that came with it, may be small but does go for some time, mind you I've only used it a few times at conventions, jetpack is a little heavy to lug around all day. I have read reviews on the site and quite a few say it lasts a long time.

I was going to try mixing some myself, on the Microfogger site it says it uses 2 chemicals, Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerine, I guess it would just be a matter of playing with the mix.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I didn't use anything on my fiberglass Sith trooper, just gave everything a good wash with warm soapy water. With wearing full undersuit I really didn't feel any fiberglass or suffer any itchiness. However I painted the inside of the helmet though, more to cover the smell, I used an industrial enamel as it is a slightly thicker than a lot of paints. I've seen some use truck bed paint for the inside of the armor, which goes on quite thick, does look a lot cleaner if all painted black. 

• Like 2