Kia Ora from New Zealand!

Kia Ora everyone all the way from Auckland, New Zealand.

My name is Georgia, and I am a huge Star Wars fan and have a soft spot for Stormtroopers. I have always wanted to join the 501st legion for as long as I can remember, and meeting/seeing troopers part of Outpost 42 (in New Zealand) at events over the years had always inspired me. With the new year starting, I want to make my dream become reality.

I am planning to order a fully commissioned Stormtrooper ANH Stunt ABS from RS Prop Masters at the end of April when I turn 18, and join the 501st legion with the Outpost 42 Garrison. I am also starting my first year at University at Media Design School in a Bachelor of Animation and VFX. I love doing charity events and enjoy giving back to the community. I am very excited to begin this new chapter, I have done months of research and have started saving up so when April arrives I can order right away. 

Please give me any advice or tips and If there are any members of Outpost 42 here, please tell me about what it’s like being in the community and your favourite memories.

tēnā koutou!

-Georgia

Hello and welcome aboard, a thread which you may find useful

Looking forward to seeing your BBB photos (big brown boxes)

• Like 1

Kia Ora Georgia!

Excellent that you are on a good path to the dark side and a nice set of armour too.

Glad you have not considered the local TK armour available in NZ as it is far from accurate, Your garrison commanding officer and I have spoken about that a few times. I chat with him on Zoom every couple of weeks. You are going to love the 501st and the awesome bunch of troopers in Outpost42, i also think you will love it here in FISD, lots to see and do.

Welcome abaord.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to FISD.

Indeed research is the key, you have come to the right place for that.

Enjoy and good luck, and do ask if you are in doubt.

• Like 1

Hello Georgia!
RS Props is a great choice and it's good to hear, you've done months of research upfront.
If you want to know some more about how life is in this great world of starwars fandom as a legion member, I'd suggest you check out the field training exercises section.
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/13-field-training-exercises/

this is where our finest troopers report from duty and show their latest event attendances! :)

I'd also recommend you to sign up on your local garrison forums on https://501st.nz/forum/

Whenever you have any questions, feel free to ask!

• Like 1

Hi Georgia and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD!  Great choice of armour, btw.  Commissioned build or not, it is good to set up a build thread.  There are often little things that you will want to alter for the best fit possible.  Posting pics and asking questions is the best way to go - there are many here ready to help.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2021 at 11:03 PM, Georgia Haywood said:

Kia Ora everyone all the way from Auckland, New Zealand.

My name is Georgia, and I am a huge Star Wars fan and have a soft spot for Stormtroopers. I have always wanted to join the 501st legion for as long as I can remember, and meeting/seeing troopers part of Outpost 42 (in New Zealand) at events over the years had always inspired me. With the new year starting, I want to make my dream become reality.

I am planning to order a fully commissioned Stormtrooper ANH Stunt ABS from RS Prop Masters at the end of April when I turn 18, and join the 501st legion with the Outpost 42 Garrison. I am also starting my first year at University at Media Design School in a Bachelor of Animation and VFX. I love doing charity events and enjoy giving back to the community. I am very excited to begin this new chapter, I have done months of research and have started saving up so when April arrives I can order right away. 

Please give me any advice or tips and If there are any members of Outpost 42 here, please tell me about what it’s like being in the community and your favourite memories.

tēnā koutou!

-Georgia

Welcome Georgia!

I agree, great choice on armor.  I myself have the ESB fully commissioned ST from RSP.  love it!  you wont be disappointed however you go.