Is now a good time to start a build?

Thank you all for the input. As I wait for the everything to get here I am flip flopping back and forth. While I do want everything to stay in place while I move, I also want to be able to move semi freely haha. I think I will order both and use mostly nylon for the "torso" and then elastic for the "extremities". Would that be a decent compromise or is there still a lot of movement needed in the "torso" areas? Torso being the chest, back, kidney, etc. I also realize it really is personal preference and being that I am not that big of a guy, only 5'9 130lb, I may be able to get away with nylon.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, TK Monkus said:

Thank you all for the input. As I wait for the everything to get here I am flip flopping back and forth. While I do want everything to stay in place while I move, I also want to be able to move semi freely haha. I think I will order both and use mostly nylon for the "torso" and then elastic for the "extremities". Would that be a decent compromise or is there still a lot of movement needed in the "torso" areas? Torso being the chest, back, kidney, etc. I also realize it really is personal preference and being that I am not that big of a guy, only 5'9 130lb, I may be able to get away with nylon.

Thanks.

You will find with bending (to give younglings hi fives) that your torso will move too, having elastic does make a difference. 

But saying that it's not that hard to swap out elastic or nylon if using snaps so build how you want and modify later. Many of us find after our first troop or 2 that we make some adjustments with strapping. 

On 1/15/2021 at 2:16 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

You will find with bending (to give younglings hi fives) that your torso will move too, having elastic does make a difference. 

But saying that it's not that hard to swap out elastic or nylon if using snaps so build how you want and modify later. Many of us find after our first troop or 2 that we make some adjustments with strapping. 

Thanks for the input and good point. I am planning to go the double snap route and so could just make both a nylon and elastic version.

• Like 1