Boston Trooper Looking to Join the Ranks

Hi Everyone!

My name is Thomas, I’ve been looking to get into the 501st ever since I met some of you at the Star Wars Celebration in Chicago in 2019. I’m originally from France but I moved to Boston for college about 6 years ago. I’ve loved the Star Wars universe ever since I was little.

Recently, I inherited an ABS ANH battle spec armor from Shepperton Design Studios, I believe the armor in question in from around 2010.

I will definitely make a WIP thread, I have a lot of questions...

What do you think is the best approach, should I post pictures as is without any improvements to get feedback on the critical areas first or try to make my way through the CRL? I know I will need to get a new canvas belt since mine in ABS. I also do not have a holster.

All in all, I’m very excited to join this community and connect with all of you.

Thanks!

Welcome to the FISD Thomas.

Regarding your build thread question, it's best if you post as you progress.

The CRL is your core foundation for required armor elements, and build threads from those that have reached the higher levels of accuracy is always recommended.

Good luck trooper, looking forward to your build thread :salute:

Welcome Thomas.  Read through the CRL thoroughly and build your kit based on the CRL.  It is much easier to build after doing a little bit of research.  And look up other builds that are approved and you will have no problem at all.  It makes it much easier.  Lot of great people here to help you as well.  Look forward to your build.

Hello and welcome to the forum, SDS does need a little work to get it up to specs especially if you want to achieve EIB or Centurion levels, here is a pre approval thread and a rework thread on an example of SDS and updates:

Another build here

Hey Thomas! Welcome !

If you have any questions about the SDS don’t hesitate to contact myself or Jonas (LEGO). 

The suit can be made into very nice armor with about the same or less work than other suits. It’s put together already!

I have some extra hardware I may be able to send you. Just let me know.

good luck!

Dave