G_T808 ANH AM 4.5 first build

G_T808

On 1/22/2021 at 3:57 AM, LTM said:

There is a how-to on imgur, once you get the first pic posted it is easy (paging @gmrhodes13 for the link). 

As to the forearms, what is the circumference of your wrist and forearm?

My wrist is 7 3/4” and the largest part of my forearm is currently 13 1/4”. I’m not sure how to measure my hands but I wear size 2xl nitrile gloves at work and they fit nicely.

• Like 1

We can see the pics! 

Forearm can be tricky, I did a wedge shape cut on the sides. 

Page 3 of AJ's build deals with the forearms

Edited by LTM
Added link
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, G_T808 said:

fmKgnxX.jpg

k3nXyPw.jpg

JooJXqx.jpg

going to test fit again with the undershirt and gloves on then figure out where to cut. I’m going to try and complete the left forearm before working on the right in case I mess up somewhere.

You want to make sure they are not too tight, ample room at the elbow as well as at the wrist to make sure you can fit your hand through. A lot of other armors have raised sections which the coverstrips glue to so it's a little easier than AM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I refitted the forearm while wearing my undershirt and glove. I also adjusted it so there is more room at the elbow and wrist. Because of my hands, the forearm seems too big now. I’m not sure if it’s supposed to look that way or not.

gTvGtUF.jpg
7hVfVTo.jpg

Edited by G_T808

Normally there is some room around the wrist area, to trim you just want to be able to get your hand through no more ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Normally there is some room around the wrist area, to trim you just want to be able to get your hand through no more ;) 

Okay, thanks :) I was curious because when I look at other forearms, they look relatively nice and tight. Wasn’t sure if I was missing something. 

Having skinny hands I have a little foam inside on both sides so it helps keep it central to the arm so not as much of a gap on one side ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, G_T808 said:

N7se1TN.jpg

I traced where I believe the edges should be. Does this look correct?

Looks good 

DaveMANH01.jpg.d3103bb96206c9d89888c5aa23c080cc.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished the paint

UNSQy6R.jpg

I also realized I may have misjudged the reference pictures I’ve been using. I placed the lower ear screws higher than I think is acceptable. I’ll either order new ears to try and fix it or just keep this helmet as a display and start over.

a2Tal1P.jpg
8scnh0C.jpg

the references:

v4M1Yiv.jpg
WBpIV06.jpg

I really need to stop working on this so late at night haha

3 minutes ago, G_T808 said:

Thank you. Are the ears acceptable? After looking at everyone else’s helmets, I believe my lower screws are incorrect.

Can't quite see them in the images above, some screen helmets are quite high up

DaveMANH06.jpg.7866ccee7f069e1412d687aeda84fdf8.jpgLFL_Storm_Stunt03.thumb.jpg.4d27f27b3e9113f830c7fa00373cbd5c.jpg

• Like 1

You should be fine with those, if questioned you can use those references I posted above ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry for dropping off the radar recently. Life got in the way but I’m still planning on finishing my armor. Currently cutting cover strips for my forearms and doing some research on how to mount the hand guards to my gloves. From what I’ve seen, is the correct width 15mm for the cover strips?

• Like 1

Welcome back Garrett!

No rush sir, work on it when you can and we will be here for you.

• Like 1