DARK TROOPER Costume in The MANDALORIAN!!!

Parquette

Sooooo, I guess this means we can develop a convincing Dark Trooper CRL?....

Much in the same vein as C3-PO or R2-D2. If you wear a black undersuit it'll blend in just fine. 

Edited by Parquette
  • Like 1

The difference with C3PO is the fact with someone in the costume the appearance doesn't change. Dark troopers have an extensive amount of image manipulation before we see them on screen which could not be mimicked in real life, not sure how you would have the holes in the elbows and knee areas.

There is quite a lot of of info of the costume in the ‘Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Behind-the-Scenes Special

At the end of the day it's all up to the LMO's I guess and you could ask the question.

lmo@501st.com

Quite a lot of similarity's to the comic variations of "Dark Troopers"

250?cb=20090813125739 300?cb=20130917230447

tumblr_oe19y7Jt2n1tqp6oco1_1280.jpg

t3go3colp6d41.thumb.jpg.23d9b2b7bc90a095da5d65ad3ce40dfb.jpg

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

The difference with C3PO is the fact with someone in the costume the appearance doesn't change. Dark troopers have an extensive amount of image manipulation before we see them on screen which could not be mimicked in real life, not sure how you would have the holes in the elbows and knee areas.

There is quite a lot of of info of the costume in the ‘Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Behind-the-Scenes Special

At the end of the day it's all up to the LMO's I guess and you could ask the question.

lmo@501st.com

Quite a lot of similarity's to the comic variations of "Dark Troopers"

250?cb=20090813125739 300?cb=20130917230447

tumblr_oe19y7Jt2n1tqp6oco1_1280.jpg

t3go3colp6d41.thumb.jpg.23d9b2b7bc90a095da5d65ad3ce40dfb.jpg

Good question about the joints. Below is a K2-SO build where this guy talks about how he handled the hollow joints. 

24 minutes ago, Parquette said:

Good question about the joints. Below is a K2-SO build where this guy talks about how he handled the hollow joints. 

Unfortunately that is deemed a puppet, it's like the Grievous you see from time to time, as they are deemed puppets a CRL can't be created.

There was a discussion on the legion boards recently about a new detachment for props and puppets but doubtful that will be created, we are after all a costuming club

It probably wouldn't hurt to post the questions on Spec Ops, no doubt if anyone would get the "costume' it would be them, you may have to wait a while for an answer, it's a pretty quite forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Unfortunately that is deemed a puppet, it's like the Grievous you see from time to time, as they are deemed puppets a CRL can't be created.

There was a discussion on the legion boards recently about a new detachment for props and puppets but doubtful that will be created, we are after all a costuming club

Oh I understand it's a puppet, I was speaking to the effect of the mirror solution he had for the hollow joints.

I don't believe I'm part of Spec Ops anymore, but will double check that anyway. Thanks! 

I can say this, there are already GCO's who are saying this will never be a legion costume, and they will fight it in council.  I guess some have forgotten this is a make believe hobby and the simple fact Legion is NOT THE RPF.

In saying this, I have not spent any time looking closely at these dark troopers so they may well be rather impossible to replicate as a costume but people are clever and may come up with something plausible.

I've seen costumes where the actual game render looks like it could have been a sewn suit yet some have screen printed this and it has passed as a costume. Missing pieces might be the big challenge though considering you cant cut chunks out of your body.

• Like 1

Personally I don't see it as worth the time to create a CRL for a costume not even a hand ful of people will make. You *can* get approved for a new costume without an existing CRL. That's usually how it goes with new stuff. It's the LMO who makes the call in those cases.

7 hours ago, Locitus said:

Personally I don't see it as worth the time to create a CRL for a costume not even a hand ful of people will make. 

Such as with Anakin's pajamas? :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Parquette

7 hours ago, Locitus said:

Never heard of it.

My mistake, I swear a while back Dawn Bright made a CRL of Anakin's pj's, but from what's listed above, Count Dooku's pj CRL is the same argument. No one will wear it, at least not more than a few. 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_tyranus_tcw_sleepwear