Tips on breaking in new boots from IB?

Hello, Troopers!

I received my new boots (421s) this morning. I was pretty impressed with the quality of these new puppies! Leather smelled great and they seem like great quality. Like any new leather shoes or boots, they need to go through a break in. Other than just wearing them around in the house, is there anything else I can do to help break these in like a cream or treatment of some kind?

Also, have any of you added any metal heal plates to help keep the heal from wearing out on the sides? How’d you do that? Yourself or a boot and shoe shop?

98654822130dc21c19e16828fe5a4225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find wearing some larger socks and walking around they loosen quite well. If they are tight fill them with scrunched wet newspaper then leave for a few days to dry

• Like 2

I bought shoe stretcher spray like this, and I also keep a pair of these in my boots when not in use.  (I let them dry out first, though).  ;)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just got my pair of IB shoes the other day. Agreed, they smell, look and feel nice. Is there something that can be added/used to help keep them clean/new? And what about after a day of trooping? I was in the military when black boots was the standard issue. No heel and toe shine with these white boots, but same idea: put on a coat of white boot/shoe polish? Thanks. 

• Like 1

I have those boots , I don't think they need breaking in , I collected mine at an RS props open day a few years ago, and simply wore them for the whole event ...broke in nicely lol . I've trooped regularly in them for four years at least before lockdown , and have never cleaned them , they still look smart . Not quite " like new" but no real marks scuffs or creases . The leather they use is good quality , and is coloured well . 

• Like 1