Best option for bucket padding

So! my MRCE is on its way and i know i definitly don't want to just go with whatever padding they give me so i was just wondering what other people have tried or currently use for best fit! i've been looking into the stuff from fenixprops but they told me they make it for FX and couldn't tell me if it'd fit aN MRCE :( so it'd also be greatly appreciated if anyone knew if it does fit or can be trimmed/modded to fit (talking about the padding, not the liner) because i have a seriously tiny head and i'd like it to fit snug and tight, annnnd with the climate i am in i am not worried about heat at all :P

----------------<---- link to other thread about the "stormtrooper padding" i am interested in

~Brad

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

helmet padding is such a tricky subject,

what works for one person may not work for another due to various reasons....

there are quite a few troopers who use a 'baseball' batting cap insert (the foam padding),

others use hard hard liners..(the inside strapping from a hard hat),

others use standard foam padding cut into squares, covered with strips of material, (such as an old t-shirt),

you could even use foam knee pads cut up and fitted inside your lid.

it's a 'minefield in short'.

no one solution will fit all. so it's best to take your time and work out one system that will work for you.

(D-MAC) does some really nice pad sets. maybe you should drop him a p.m..

(i'm sure there are as many solutions for helmet padding as you could shake a stick at)

i ordered a liner from fenixprops, he said it should fit any bucket but it may just bunch up a bit, if you can wait a week or two till it arrives i can let you know how it fits

Yeah i talked to them because i was looking at the padding, they suggested i go with the liner because they were unsure if the padding would fit an MRCE. Buuut i suppose i could always get the liner and stuff things between the liner and the helmet (like socks) to make it squish right on to my head, because seriously nothing adult sized fits my head....sometimes the largest of kids do but hats never fit me, nor do sunglasses (look way too big on my head) so if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM as to how the liner holds up i may give it a look!

Also can anyone point me to a thread or to pics of DMAC's work? with all the interest you guys have in his stuff i can't ignore your advice :P

thanks for all the feedback :)

~Brad

I think a lot depends on the size of your head. I have a big head, so my padding will be fairly minimal, however if you have a smaller head, you may want to look into more padding.

Not sure how helpful this will be to you, but I have been messing with a hardhat liner (the goofy suspension system, whatever you wanna call it) to see how itll work.

In order to sit low enough on my head that I actually see out of the eye wholes, the holding clips are about 1/3 deep into the skull cap. At that point, the top of my head is basically touching the top of the skull cap, so I think in the near future I may just swap to a simple pad on the top, with a few heftier along the wall to keep it from turning.