Jump to content

RSprop size question


Recommended Posts

will the RS prop master fully finished commision a new hope stormtrooper armour fit a 6"2 person? I only ask this because when browsing the site I saw that other armour such as the scout trooper armour and snowtrooper armour had sizing selections while the standard trooper armour did not other than on the shoes. This lead me to believe it was only one size and I remember hearing that the original stuff was meant to fit a 5'10 person. I have almost 0 knowledge on this topic so i'm sorry if my question sounds stupid or uneducated. I should probably also mention that I am not actually a member of the 501st legion because I am not old enough to join.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RS is molded from an original set of armour so is accurate in size and dimension. In saying that, the average size of the actors in ANH was between 5'9" - 6 foot tall.

Sizing is important so you look righ, in which case you may find the limb pieces a touch on the short side for you (maybe).

In a situation where height is concerned i certainly would not look at a commission build, you really need to size each part against your self.

There are other armour kits out there that are more suitable for taller more robust troopers so not just height but your body type/build also do come into play.

AM suits larger troopers.

RT-Mod has longer arm and leg length options for taller troopers as well. So it's more about finding the right armour for you overall, not necessarily the maker you want.

End of the day, you can make any kit fit within reason, it also depends on your aspirations. We have basic level, plus 2 additional detachment driven levels for accuracy, Expert Infantry and Centurion.

EI is relatively easy to achieve, Centurion is some pretty fine detail, and how the armour really fits you for an overall appearance.

 

Check out our vendors list and reach out to a few of the makers.

 

Also check out some of our build threads.

 

Good luck with your journey Eric and welcome to FISD

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

RS is molded from an original set of armour so is accurate in size and dimension. In saying that, the average size of the actors in ANH was between 5'9" - 6 foot tall.

Sizing is important so you look righ, in which case you may find the limb pieces a touch on the short side for you (maybe).

In a situation where height is concerned i certainly would not look at a commission build, you really need to size each part against your self.

There are other armour kits out there that are more suitable for taller more robust troopers so not just height but your body type/build also do come into play.

AM suits larger troopers.

RT-Mod has longer arm and leg length options for taller troopers as well. So it's more about finding the right armour for you overall, not necessarily the maker you want.

End of the day, you can make any kit fit within reason, it also depends on your aspirations. We have basic level, plus 2 additional detachment driven levels for accuracy, Expert Infantry and Centurion.

EI is relatively easy to achieve, Centurion is some pretty fine detail, and how the armour really fits you for an overall appearance.

 

Check out our vendors list and reach out to a few of the makers.

 

Also check out some of our build threads.

 

Good luck with your journey Eric and welcome to FISD

Thank you for your help sir 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sly11 gave sound advice. The reason for the sizing references for RS Prop’s snow trooper and scout is b/c the Scout and Snowy are predominantly comprised of soft parts with fewer armor pieces so sizing is more customizable. Whereas the armor for those builds and the ANH Stormtrooper is vac formed from mounds of original lineage armor so there’s no size variance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AradunFF:

Sly11 gave sound advice. The reason for the sizing references for RS Prop’s snow trooper and scout is b/c the Scout and Snowy are predominantly comprised of soft parts with fewer armor pieces so sizing is more customizable. Whereas the armor for those builds and the ANH Stormtrooper is vac formed from mounds of original lineage armor so there’s no size variance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They ask for a big bunch of measurements after order of a regular TK. Thats why they don't show a size selector for the armor.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Sly11 gave sound advice. The reason for the sizing references for RS Prop’s snow trooper and scout is b/c the Scout and Snowy are predominantly comprised of soft parts with fewer armor pieces so sizing is more customizable. Whereas the armor for those builds and the ANH Stormtrooper is vac formed from mounds of original lineage armor so there’s no size variance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for explaining. I was confused about that. I really appreciate how helpful this community is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, That one guy said:

oh, so when you are making the purchase they ask for the measurements?

Hi Erick, welcome to FISD.  Here we have all sizes and body frame  Troopers, HERE  you can take a look to a 6' Trooper and this one is an RS Tall Trooper . 

Also,  I would recommend you to contact RS prop so they can confirm what measures do they need to help you. They have a great customer service.

 

Search and asking questions are the clue to take the best decision.  :salute:  good luck.    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Erick, welcome to FISD.  Here we have all sizes and body frame  Troopers, HERE  you can take a look to a 6' Trooper and this one is an RS Tall Trooper . 

Also,  I would recommend you to contact RS prop so they can confirm what measures do they need to help you. They have a great customer service.

 

Search and asking questions are the clue to take the best decision.  :salute:  good luck.    

 

thank you for clarifying and providing these links. I really do appreciate this community 

Edited by That one guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you order a commission build from RS , they send you a sizing form . You take loads of measurements , fill in the form , and they make the armour to fit you . If you want armour that looks like it did in the movie, RS is the only choice . 

Every comission build is custom tailored to fit the customer . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob .T . said:

When you order a commission build from RS , they send you a sizing form . You take loads of measurements , fill in the form , and they make the armour to fit you . If you want armour that looks like it did in the movie, RS is the only choice . 

Every comission build is custom tailored to fit the customer . 

thank you so much. this is exactly what I was hoping to hear 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...