Hello there...

Motogpnut

Hello everyone. Been dying to join the 501st for years. Always wanted to be a Stormtrooper since the day I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977 when I was 4. My first movie in a theater couldn’t have had more of an impression on my life. Ben a huge fan ever since.

Never had the time or the ability to make my own armor. Well now I can make the time and with all the people out there making armor, I can finally be one of the coolest and most iconic Sandtroopers to have ever been maliciously mind tricked by that Jedi scum on Tatooine. 
I have on order from RS Props a commissioned Sandtrooper armor kit and I am looking to do a FO Executioner. The latter won’t be as easy, as I’m finding out. Sourcing the parts seems to be very difficult for that CRL

I always liked helping people and doing charity work. I was a town watch junior member as a kid and a volunteer firefighter as an adult. Giving back to the community has and will always be a wonderful experience for me. I look forward to getting my TD/TK numbers and becoming a member of one of the coolest on organizations in this galaxy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Motogpnut said:

@ukswrathDude, you’re the man! I’ve seen all the electronics you make for the helmets. Absolutely brilliant work. I’ll be purchasing quite a few things from you. 

Thank you brother, looking forward to serving you :peace: 

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD!  RS is a great choice - especially for a sandy.  If you are thinking of going the sandtrooper route, you might want to check out the MEPD's forum as well.  When I did my sandy, I posted on both the FISD and MEPD - you get great general construction feedback here and great sandtrooper-specific feedback on MEPD.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Welcome to FISD Jason. Glad to read you're on the way of becoming a Bad Guy Doing Good!! Good luck with your Sandy.  :jc_doublethumbup:

“ I am bad and that’s good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.”

Move along. Move along

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, the getting started section is a great place to help you one your way.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

This thread is full of helpful info

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jason. You will NOT be disappointed with RSP. Their fully commissioned sets are great. I myself have the ESB Stormtrooper. They have a great reputation when I bought mine and I was not let down at all. They’re true to their rep. Congratulations

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Been waiting for the RS sandy to come in. I was notified about three weeks ago that it would be sent out at the end of the week. I was so excited, I felt like a kid about to have Christmas.
The next week was the fire at RS. I waited to hear from them but never did. It’s been three weeks, so I had to message to see if mine was sent out before the accident. Unfortunately the area that took the most damage was the packaging area. So my entire commission didn’t make it.
At least no one was hurt. That’s the important part.
I’ve been working on a Tusken to help pass the time until the sandy got here. So I guess that will be my first submission to the 501st instead of the sandy. I’ve been wanting to be a Sandtrooper since 1977, so I’m sure I can wait another couple months... Still gonna cry a bit tho. Just saying.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your commission was destroyed, hopefully RS will be up and running at full speed again soon.

• Like 1

Wow wasn't aware RS has an incident, tragic on many fronts

Yeah Tony, about two weeks ago. They’re working out of a different shop for the time being. They’re hoping to be back on track in a few weeks. Not sure how long that means mine will take.
I have a Tusken I’m working on, so I’ll focus on that to keep me sane. I do have some questions for you tho. About sound stuff. I’ll hit you up on Facebook tomorrow, buddy.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Wow wasn't aware RS has an incident, tragic on many fronts

Yeah, they are some smart people with awesome contingency plans.  They have duplicates made, and are remaking them now.  The temporary studio is already up and running.

• Like 2