TK-11730 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (WTF) (1015)

Armor Info:
Armor Maker = Primarily WTF, thighs are from Intergalatic Supply
Helmet Maker =WTF
Blaster Type = Praetorian Blasters E-11
Boots Maker = Imperial Boots
Canvas belt = Trooperbay
Hand Plates Type = Trooperbay 
Electronics = iComm + UKSWRATH helmet audio system
Neck Seal Type = scratchmade
Holster Maker = Darman Props

Trooper Info:

Thomas Choiniere

501st ID: TK/TI/IC/IG-11730

Carolina Garrison

Height = 5'9"
Weight =230 lbs

IMG-6191.jpg

IMG-6239.jpg

IMG-6222.jpg

IMG-6232.jpg

IMG-6211.jpg
IMG-6214.jpg

IMG-6169.jpg

IMG-6172.jpg
IMG-6171.jpg
IMG-6170.jpg

IMG-6168.jpg
IMG-6167.jpg

IMG-6140.jpg
IMG-6138.jpg
IMG-6139.jpg

IMG-6144.jpg
IMG-6143.jpg
IMG-6190.jpg
IMG-6189.jpg

IMG-6153.jpg
IMG-6186.jpg

IMG-6156.jpg
IMG-6155.jpg
IMG-6147.jpg

IMG-6151.jpg
IMG-6150.jpg
IMG-6149.jpg

IMG-6185.jpg
IMG-6184.jpg
IMG-6183.jpg
IMG-6182.jpg
IMG-6181.jpg
IMG-6180.jpg
IMG-6179.jpg
IMG-6178.jpg
IMG-6177.jpg
IMG-6176.jpg
IMG-6175.jpg
IMG-6166.jpg
IMG-6165.jpg
IMG-6164.jpg
IMG-6162.jpg
IMG-6160.jpg
IMG-6159.jpg
IMG-6157.jpg
IMG-6151.jpg
IMG-6150.jpg
IMG-6149.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work trooper, a few suggestions before the DO's get here:

Shoulder bells could come in more at the top and also the sides. You could also bring your forearms up a little to reduce the gap at the elbows. Thigh and shin not quite aligned, coverstrips should be in the same position

IMG-6239.jpgk85ELoM.jpg

You could remove the large tab from the back of your shoulder straps. Right rear shin closure looks angular and not quite closed at the top

IMG-6232.jpg

qb4YVKO.jpg?1   B3vL4VO.jpg?1

Drop boxes should align with the end of the plastic belt section

IMG-6222.jpgJuwSduC.jpg

You have a black mark on the side of the ab section

IMG-6211.jpg

Corners on your plastic belt section are a little large, they should meet the edges of the belt, also looks like you removed a little too much material from the end of the plastic belt section

IMG-6155.jpg

yp9XgX5.jpgGjSdCiW.jpg

Thigh ammo strip rivets are very close to the edge and high on the lower ridge

IMG-6184.jpg2pvrAr5.jpg

Bottom side ab rivets aren't quite in line with each other

IMG-6162.jpg

You have a lot of excess paint on the ab buttons, you may want to remove some. Also you large ab plate should have material around the sides looks like you have over trimmed it.

IMG-6157.jpg

LSuei4K.jpg?1   

Black lines around your rear traps are a little thick, the inner lines area also a little long, top and bottom

IMG-6171.jpg

DaveMANH06.jpgorigBrside1.jpg

Counter on your blaster looks a little low

IMG-6140.jpg

2.png

Good luck with approval

Hi Thomas.

In order to continue with your review, I'll need you to add the following photos:

1-  Close photo of your helmet lenses with a light source form inside to see the color.

sample image

NxQCyHP.jpg?1

2- Close photo of your TD showing the screws/ clips  position 

Sample image

LIjH6T3.jpg?1

3-  Phot of the  snap placed in  top right corner of the ab plate but from inside .

zF69dUm.jpg?1

Thank you :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thomas, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

***************************************************

Let's start.

Even thought the rear tab of the shoulder strap is optional , in most of the Troopers seen on screen it's not present. we are suggesting for more accuracy to remove it.

Reference Images

l08VIDp.jpg?1            2aVQZfi.jpg       gqtHZ4o.jpg

Looking at your ABS belt, the buttons covers, (sides and center), seems to be a bit thick . you may want to remove some edge to make then flatter . 

Reference Images

S0yoYYp.jpg?1     yqxELFe.jpg?1              rB45qXB.jpg     YOAOw0w.jpg?1     dcPynDT.jpg

Your cod armor is separate from the abdominal armour and  none of the Anh screen used armours and  reference images  shows this. 

A suggestion to fix this that comes to my mind and is that you can glue aa ABS piece along the two pieces  to join the Cod to the Ab plate and fill the front seam with ABS paste, 

Reference Images

VbytTMo.jpg?1                       qzuiDxB.jpg?1       B6apT03.jpg?1

This is a small detail but looking close to your lower posterior armor, we noticed  an extra hole  which perhaps could be filled or move the snap further backwards to cover it. 

Reference Images

d8fXrx1.jpg                                     n4sI1vV.jpg            qZNdcUy.jpg

Finally, we have your E11 blaster. It looks like your ammo counter in riding a bit lower than references. We are suggesting to repositioning it. 

Reference images

7LIqYJI.jpg?1                                F8fkLY9.png     HHquZIS.jpg

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting from top, your outer Trap lines are a little thick, the inner lines are a bit too thin and long compared to the screen ones, You will need to add some gray paint to make then more accurate, top and bottom

Reference Images

5cJcr3D.jpg?1    tndein5.jpg?1                     l6QOLDP.jpg      XT9UrdY.jpg    0oj0Nn4.jpg?1

Following with the helmet, the side traps need a bit more trapezoidal  reshape, yours looks more rounded at front. 

Reference Images

pHPj6Mi.jpg   LwgABKo.jpg?2               LVROQ6A.jpg?1    nUNgoqp.jpg     XrQn07T.jpg

CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

The most common solution for this issue is to shortening the shoulders straps to reduce the gap as much as possible.

Reference Images

C6JdlmH.jpg        qjjhL1B.png?1    vAlaXlc.jpg

CRL L3: Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

Another job for the painting session trooper! . The buttons paint is riding beyond the raised section. You could try with an Non Acetone paint remover and some toothpick or cotton swabs. 

Reference Images

ywmXVQa.jpg?2                  LV9bApI.jpg?2          ouqtUS9.jpg?1   

Also, We are asking to trim your small ab buttons plate give a better square shape to the  corners.  Unfortunately you over trimmed the sides of your large ab-button plate.  It must have a flat area surrounding it so will need to be  replaced for Level 3.

Reference Images

9XSuKEy.jpg?1            GAUucio.jpg?1                  Ys7tljV.jpg    UzU1W3j.jpg?5           mqTEnrf.jpg?1

A practical solution I have seen in the forum is to add an ABS flat piece behind the Ab plate, trim to give the requested edge and seal it with ABS paste, sand it and ready!. 

3Buc7El.jpg?1              ZyYStd0.jpg?2

CRL L3  A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

It looks like there is a pop rivet  on the top right corner of your armor instead of a male snap.  For L3 it must be changed to the appropriate one.  

Reference Images

nQtq1hi.jpg                        bGFMBG9.jpg?1            H7voVTk.jpg?1   

Your Ab/Kidney connection rivets are almost perfect Thomas, but as you can see the top one at the kidney plate is a bit low and need to be repositioned . 

Reference Images

DPnJDg8.jpg?1                            7NKPbHy.jpg?1            IWbG4OS.jpg?1

CRL L3 :Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

This is just a strapping adjustment to the left side of your Ab/Kidney connection to ensure there's no gap and for the right side is a closure check every time you put on your armor to avoid the overlapping.

Reference Images

1Dsu5Vk.jpg?1    GLIeIQ3.jpg?1                    cYHnscr.jpg    9Ktw7FD.jpg?1

CRL L3: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

One popular fix to this is to add a piece of Velcro to the belt and AB plate to keep it in place  .  

Reference Images

H0a5f1g.jpg?1                      BEA9Rne.jpg?1      oSsuucN.jpg?1

CRL L3: The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.  

In your case, It looks as if the 45 degree angles were trimmed a bit too much, especially on the tops.  We have two possible solution here Thomas, one is that you may be able to trim the ends, but then you risk them being too close or have not space for the  button covers  and  the option 2  is to replace the ABS belt.

Reference Images

Dur6nYk.jpg?1                        U73rIOj.jpg?1        Y25xTua.jpg?1  

CRL L3 : Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box..

Yours are just a bit too far in. Most Troopers use to  add a bit of glue to the drop box elastic to keep them in place and you will need to reduce the gap between belt and boxes by shortening the straps .

Reference Images

WPlppPE.jpg?1    rW5HTaD.jpg?1                      fDc1Lwx.png?1             dMfsPME.jpg?1

This looks like a more challenging issue, your right thigh  is a bit low and makes it look uneven. When looking at a close-up you can see the difference because the cover strips are not the same lengths, the right one being longer than the left. I had the same issue with a fellow Trooper armor recently and what we made was to trim off the top of the thigh to give more room to raise it up. 

Reference image

QlVX8CO.jpg                                             MqIwhbm.jpg?1

Reference Images

fc9IqYh.jpg?1                                       5swiKa8.jpg?1                   9uMRHKp.jpg?1

Also your thighs, there's a small gap in the front of your left one . Gluing a small piece of ABS plastic behind and filling the front with ABS paste would do the job. 

Reference Images

i9qEZOz.jpg?1                                        57i3eNZ.jpg               yDbakED.jpg?1

In your case Thomas, the left one looks pretty good, but the right one is  quite close to the corner and the top section is located above the ridge and should be aligned with. We are requesting to move the rivet and reposition the ammo pack a bit low to the ridge and to reduce the length on the left side so that the back edges are more of an equal distance from the "corners" of the ridges at the rear.

Reference Images

NkhZDmH.jpg?1    eF7bBFl.jpg      lZ63DT9.jpg                         xwWk4He.jpg?1          trkmLtl.jpg               

Reference images 

nlwDx7l.jpg?1   SyTzqxd.jpg?1          J7iZwBU.jpg?1

Finally, this is just an easy dressing fix and is  to check your shins closures to be aligned every time you put on your armor.

Reference Images

oPQWmrW.jpg?1                          GEBR51w.jpg?1  e8vpQnd.jpg?1          

Although it might seem like a lot of work ahead for Centurion level, we are sure with patience and little by little you can achieve it Thomas.  In the end, the reward will not only include the Centurion Badge  and certificate, but the pride of looking great on your armor as it came off the movie.

Congratulations again !:salute:

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-11730 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (WTF) (1015)
On 12/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, TKSpartan said:

Your cod armor is separate from the abdominal armour and  none of the Anh screen used armours and  reference images  shows this. 

A suggestion to fix this that comes to my mind and is that you can glue aa ABS piece along the two pieces  to join the Cod to the Ab plate and fill the front seam with ABS paste, 

Reference Images

VbytTMo.jpg?1                       qzuiDxB.jpg?1       B6apT03.jpg?1

Finally, we have your E11 blaster. It looks like your ammo counter in riding a bit lower than references. We are suggesting to repositioning it. 

Reference images

7LIqYJI.jpg?1                                F8fkLY9.png     HHquZIS.jpg    

Thanks! I've already started working on the updates to shoot for Centurion!

A couple of questions about the items quoted above - 

1. The split ab/cod - is this an absolute must do? I split it originally because it makes it a lot easier to move and helps me fit the armor around my less-than-perfect physique. I think I put it back together but it's a lot of work to join them and hide the seam adequately.

2. E-11 Hengslter counter - this blaster is one-piece molded rubber. The counter is part of the blaster and cannot be moved with out significant surgery to cut it off and find a way to reattach it. Is this a deal- breaker for Centurion? It's less of a "too much work to fix" and more of a "I use this one because i don't have to worry about dropping it and don't want to ruin it if i don't have to" issue.

I have a scratchbuilt E-11 from before I purchased the rubber one that has a more accurate Henstler height, but the scope is not as accurate (it's scratchbuilt from plumbing parts). 

The scratchbuilt is the bottom one that's missing the trigger guard - i'll print a replacement guard to attach if it's acceptable otherwise (and if I can't pass with the rubber blaster as-is).

2-BA3200-D-265-B-4297-9190-3557021-E4-F2
3-DA5-F1-F8-3-FC8-40-CC-9-A95-6-DE1-C3-D

Thanks again!

Hi Thomas, glad you are working on the fixes mate! That's great!

About your questions, the first section of your review are just suggestions to overall improvement of your armar and not L3 blockers.  That being said, you can leave the ab/Cod connection and your  Pretorian Blaster with no changes. 

The second part of the review titled as Centurión Requirements yes, is a Must Do. 

Good luck with the fixes and here we are to assist. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some pre-Centurion submission feedback - I've made the above changes, but i'm still not sure i got everything correct. Can you guys take a look at these pictures and let me know? If everything looks good, i just need to suit up to get the full body shots.

1-A4013-AB-0-AB7-49-A6-A661-A515752-B3-C
6-DE11253-B54-B-49-D8-8-A77-49-B4-A2-F20
9212659-C-ED40-4-D0-C-9-E11-84362-E1-BB0
B665-DFFE-9-F11-48-DB-BC15-90-ADABF73-D8
D46-C0-DC7-DD5-F-441-D-ABA7-B390-E0730-B
6-C59-C7-FE-3-CB6-4-F1-B-BE45-B39-EB8129
8-DABF476-4-AF0-4761-8-CBC-5-F19-BD54035
740-C8-F1-B-E419-4-B6-C-A5-D6-DFE68642-F

8-EF9-C52-F-C1-D9-416-B-BA63-C535818-A52
BCB89727-87-BC-42-A2-95-C3-EE5981-C8-BFA
5953-D904-0114-448-B-B1-A4-B5193-A536738
F88-DB6-F7-0551-448-F-BF51-C8927-C9463-C

thanks everyone!

*Edited to remove duplicate images

Edited by choinierx

Nice work on the updates, rivet and snap placements look good

Just a few things you may want to consider, a lot of sides of pieces are very rough, you could use a block of wood with sandpaper wrapped around the help sand them flat, shoulder straps, ab plates, edge of some armor pieces. Also the smaller ab plate could be trimmed a little more.

BCB89727-87-BC-42-A2-95-C3-EE5981-C8-BFA3.thumb.jpg.f4f48aaf5703c76b9cdbefed70d6d480.jpg8-DABF476-4-AF0-4761-8-CBC-5-F19-BD54035-C.jpg.772b3772bbb623a3b2158d921e2d96ad.jpg

You appear to have some area around the rivet on thigh thigh ammo strip which could do with some ABS paste, sand and polish. Also on the other side of the thigh ammo strip you have some residue of glue I think on the shin ridge. Also you could reduce the width of the thigh ammo strip, you only need an edge of @3mm yours it quite wide on the bottom, this may also get rid of the cut line on the left side ;) 

B665-DFFE-9-F11-48-DB-BC15-90-ADABF73-D88.thumb.jpg.bda4586abea2eb46105bf0b376dc5343.jpg2pvrAr5.jpg?19212659-C-ED40-4-D0-C-9-E11-84362-E1-BB032.thumb.jpg.0872bfee08140a60bcb41b20f3fa2ee7.jpg

The lines on the cheek traps are very fine and could be a little thicker. Appears you also have some residue under the ears?

6-DE11253-B54-B-49-D8-8-A77-49-B4-A2-F20-A97.thumb.jpg.bd1cd0dc430c76d42f6f8495698485ff.jpg1-A4013-AB-0-AB7-49-A6-A661-A515752-B3-C7-E.thumb.jpg.ecf830b9c9686b2de58122f1fb95f4c4.jpgDaveMANH02.jpg.555bf87662d64c8fccd7289720abcb6f.jpg

Also top rear traps should be squared on the lower corners not rounded as you have them. Take note also that the reference shows the inner lines to be quite square top and bottom while yours are very rounded

D46-C0-DC7-DD5-F-441-D-ABA7-B390-E0730-B4-D.thumb.jpg.84892941daf9362ffa9cb49b1be8cd8b.jpgDaveMANH06.jpg.5f33cad570661c024fcc40395ba96ca1.jpg

LFL_Storm_Stunt02.jpg