Greg S AM 4.5 ANH Stunt Build

Greg S

47 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Great job Greg, if I had any advice it would be to remove as much of the return edge around the lower Ab/cod (groin) and posterior plates. These areas will chafe heavily when trooping, as well as it looks more accurate thinned out.

That said, if you're very thin in stature then letting it remain will give the armor the illusion of thickness which isn't bad for thinner folks. 

Keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks I appreciate that. Yes I will be removing most of those return edges. I am removing them as I fit up and install the strapping. Seeing where it would be a problem. I'm not super thin. I'm average medium I guess lol. The Ab/Cod and Posterior strapping and fit up is done. Just need to finish the button plate, belt snaps and paint the centurion rivets white. Working on the chest and back now. Oh helmet is almost done  just need to paint the tube stripes and install the lens.

Edited by Greg S

Got the shoulder bridges trimmed. Cut out filler abs for the back of the bumps and glued them in. From UKWraths build tip. I let them set over night. I did do a test fitting with the chest and back plates. i had to trim a little off the chest plate bridge area. But did not trim the back yet. I will do another test fit up when the glued in bridges have fully dried.

a6OjLBX.jpg

D231T2S.jpg

ird95LE.jpg

0iuKt9C.jpg

Also added so mobility cuts to the backs of the calves and thighs.

vJjlNni.jpg?1

Edited by Greg S
  • Like 1

I glued in the snaps for the shoulder elastic. Currently working on the 2" elastic snap strapping.

o86by0s.jpg

Next I glued on the button plates that I painted a while ago. Also installed the belt snaps. Working on the belt now as well.

dZtuz7l.jpg

FvDQlvv.jpg

p65miiA.jpg

x9KFWNz.jpg

• Like 1

Pushing on with a ton of little details. Made the shoulder bell retaining clips. Used a heating gun and wood blocks to bend them. Measurements per UKWraths AM 1.0 build. Glued them in 14mm from the top of the biceps.

EHRq1Z6.jpg

JHbglLP.jpg

bV9pOCS.jpg

6HvpY0e.jpg

mR3g6vd.jpg

Edited by Greg S

Nice work.

When it comes to adding the shoulder bells straps if you add them further to the front it will help to keep them rotated inwards not backwards 

1MTWUi1.jpg.6357d2903bcbdc68731301c02eb5d293.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work.

When it comes to adding the shoulder bells straps if you add them further to the front it will help to keep them rotated inwards not backwards 

1MTWUi1.jpg.6357d2903bcbdc68731301c02eb5d293.jpg

Awesome Thanks. That would be the strapping at the bottom that hooks into the clip on the biceps? Basically the strap would be longer but tighter around the bicep?

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

Awesome Thanks. That would be the strapping at the bottom that hooks into the clip on the biceps? Basically the strap would be longer but tighter around the bicep?

No this is for the shoulder straps chest to back plate, then you add the strap to shoulder bells

7-2.jpg.121e04d2f0d5be6b1d7d74d5de38f48f.jpg 1658239210_full_shoulder(1).jpg.630faa207d60faea70fbc9fd70e858a7.jpg

White strapping on the right of image, notice the two middle snaps are off center, more towards the front

Fg7n69w.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

No this is for the shoulder straps chest to back plate, then you add the strap to shoulder bells

7-2.jpg.121e04d2f0d5be6b1d7d74d5de38f48f.jpg 1658239210_full_shoulder(1).jpg.630faa207d60faea70fbc9fd70e858a7.jpg

White strapping on the right of image, notice the two middle snaps are off center, more towards the front

Fg7n69w.jpg

Ok got it thanks. I will do this as I have not installed the shoulder bell snaps yet. The shoulder straps are made.

• Like 1

Got the Belt finished between doing other things. Cut some paint stir sticks for the shims inside the drop boxes. Riveted and glued the strap to the boxes and belt. 

7cBKGSa.jpg

6dy3lJH.jpg

4iPlksM.jpg

zkf3aNX.jpg

jgeCPnv.jpg

cjtMzRp.jpg

Finished the Thermal Detonator. Cut the tube down about 3/16. Cut down the end caps to 3/4. Drilled a vent hole in tube from A.J's build tip. Glued them together for a over all length of 7 1/2 inches. Glued on the button plate. Next installed the clips. Painted the screw heads black.

4KXX3U6.jpg

IdihVno.jpg

mASNgOo.jpg

t2rGafF.jpg

yPw7GTw.jpg

DHOtgw7.jpg

5qQMo1s.jpg

HD6dYmG.jpg

Jgprh0i.jpg

As i have seen in so many builds the posterior pushes out from the kidney. So I made some of those clips and glued them to the posterior. I used CA glue for this one. I wanted a definite solid hold. Good to go.

uQ1EVqa.jpg

DqyqC8C.jpg

bJa3f5Q.jpg

• Like 2

All right I have finally finished the helmet. Picked up from where I left off from pg. 2. Finished the assembly. Installed the decals. Painted the ear bumps. Painted the Hovi tips. I may paint where the equals are later?

I installed some mounts like @A.J. Hamler did. I really like that way. Cut and installed the green lenses. Installed the screen with some double sided gorilla tape. Painted the tube stripes. There was some slight bleed through. But that cleaned up easy with some tooth picks. They are a pencil width from the top of the tube. Finally put in the padding which I will be replace with a Motorcycle helmet liner. I want a tighter fit. Installed Dave's bucket breeze fans.

http://i.imgur.com/M1V5UVn.jpg

4OEVkG9.jpg

CZe2qFr.jpg

sKyPqrF.jpg

JuY8OGz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P6mopYg.jpg

AXskT3p.jpg

jM2AeLs.jpg

0yxaDXE.jpg

VAqtM4C.jpg

• Like 1

Glued the rubber hand guards to the rubber gloves.

a7QibSa.jpg

Just need to reshape one of the forearms and add strapping. (In a hot water bath) Need to do a Full Suit up final fit up and thigh strapping adjustment.

What Submission photos is next. 

Well I did my first full suit up. Oops forgot to put on the Thermal detonator. I do have some adjustments to do. The forearm to bicep strapping. And on the thigh strapping needs some adjustment. Also need to redo the velcro on the calves. Need different padding in the helmet bubble head. That is on order. Over all I'm super happy with this suit up. Submission pics tomorrow. 

8m0y6AW.jpg

aR4X6aW.jpg

dNEUZvA.jpg

MP8fKog.jpg

v7ExGRO.jpg

• Like 1

After making some strapping adjustments. I took some submittal pics and submitted for basic approval with my GML. Here are some of them. Once basic is approved I will get the Eib pics going and submit them.

02WtXfE.jpg

pjm9YMS.jpg

CZzIwmA.jpg

QMlskVH.jpg

hKSaTXT.jpg

vQ1bTCI.jpg

wJPhocj.jpg

Ymw6eVj.jpg

4Q6rMvQ.jpg

LcjfnD0.jpg

yIJQUM3.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, I don't think you will too many issues there.

One thing that sticks out is your TD it is sitting a little high on your belt, you could bring it down as well as remove the excess from the clips which are seen under the belt. You could also rotate the pipe a little more so the O on top of the panel can be seen.

vQ1bTCI.jpglcfQkaA.jpg?1sREHj84.jpg?1n9rmqDC.jpgRbsbERB.jpg?1

Yup already on that. Going to trim the clips. And I will rotate the TD so the donut shows more. To do this I will have to cut down that area too to allow for tit to rotate a little. Possibly right at the first screw holes and drill new holes. Thanks for the input. 

Looking at my side pics the TD wasn't slid all the way onto the belt. 

Edited by Greg S
  • Like 2

All right I trimmed the TD clips at both ends. Re positioned on the TD so the washer is rotated more to the rear. Also added the soft side of velcro to the back of the clips to prevent scratching the armor.

EFRE8KJ.jpg

bf1luje.jpg

Il4lDHB.jpg

76o0fEE.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great news, congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper :salute:

Thanks I just requested full access. Onward to Expert next. 

• Like 1

While I'm waiting on my EIB approval. I upgraded my helmet electronics to @ukswrath stuff. Stormtrooper audio system with voice modulation. Also put in the hearing assist system. I like how it turned out. Both work great. It took some trial and error to get it to fit right. Still need to work on the fan placements. My head is snug as a bug lol.

Cx9EvbC.jpg

7eFZY4R.jpg

xgabDrT.jpg

wy4Z1E2.jpg

MOlxsFX.jpg

dxsNtiF.jpg

s5milpg.jpg

nZG3q8h.jpg

QmmEGh6.jpg

0Fqvcus.jpg

• Like 2