Greg S AM 4.5 ANH Stunt Build

Greg S

How is this? When I compressed the sniper knee plate to the knee. Following the the top of the knee i just need to trim it just a little bit.

XksuRAB.jpg

Glued the Sniper plate on. Going to leave the clamps on for a day or two so the E6000 sets and cures really good.

In the mean time working on the thighs. 

XJ0hYy3.jpg?1

Edited by Greg S

For any areas under strain I leave for at least 48 hours to make sure they hold fast. 

• Like 1

Thigh time. Top return edges removed and taped the halves together. Next is to size the rear to my legs. Then install the inside cover strips.

ph72YMA.jpg

oR5K9XQ.jpg

• Like 1

Looking GREAT Greg!  SO glad to see you removed all the return edge from those tops! ;)  You'll be glad you did that... trust me.

• Like 2

Cut and glued on the 20mm outer cover strips. When dry I will do a final fit for the rear. I left some extra to trim about a half inch. Then do the cover strips.

vBDlIwd.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like you have quite a bit of seepage there, but this is actually easily removed.  Just use a razor knife and carefully trim along the cover strip.... just deep enough to cut through the glue.  After that, it should rub off using your thumb or a sharpened popsicle stick.

MzOWCwA.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looks like you have quite a bit of seepage there, but this is actually easily removed.  Just use a razor knife and carefully trim along the cover strip.... just deep enough to cut through the glue.  After that, it should rub off using your thumb or a sharpened popsicle stick.

MzOWCwA.jpg

Yah there was a lot of seepage. I did just that thanks. Also if you didn't know WD40 helps with cleaning off E6000 in other areas that get the glue on it. Like from your fingers. You have to be careful not to get on the cover strip edges as it may soften the glue. WD40 will not harm abs.

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Also if you didn't know WD40 helps with cleaning off E6000 in other areas that get the glue on it. Like from your fingers. You have to be careful not to get on the cover strip edges as it may soften the glue. WD40 will not harm abs.

Good tip. I'll try in a current  build.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Also if you didn't know WD40 helps with cleaning off E6000 in other areas that get the glue on it. [...] WD40 will not harm abs.

3 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Christine (Cricket) also shared this tip with me several months ago, after she accidentally discovered the occurrence with one of her props. I am considering using the technique myself to remove my TD control panel.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Christine (Cricket) also shared this tip with me several months ago, after she accidentally discovered the occurrence with one of her props. I am considering using the technique myself to remove my TD control panel.

Yah I got this tip from when I was building my Tie Helmet and chest box. Just make sure not to get on any areas you need to glue. When done I will also wipe down with a soft cloth with warm soapy water to clean off any left over WD40. 

20 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Cool. Just be careful not to get the WD40 on any areas you want to glue. You would have to completely remove any residue the E6000 wont cure.  

• Like 1

Finally finished the thighs. Just needs some minor cleanup and to paint the rivets white. Oh and the strapping for these. And will be cutting in some mobility cuts in the rear.

KKqu4HZ.jpg

DbmUmtC.jpg

P61xPOO.jpg

Made some progress on the abs, cod, posterior and kidney strapping and snap plates. Took a page out of A.J's book on the strap hinge method on the Kidney and abs

Also question for the 20mm x 20mm square notch. It should follow onto the posterior right? See my pencil lines.

And for the back plate it looks as I need to remove a goo portion of the bottom return edge to make it sit flush with the top of the kidney. 

wBLfAvh.jpg

18PV7mF.jpg

gkCpMNG.jpg

• Like 1

"And for the back plate it looks as I need to remove a goo portion of the bottom return edge to make it sit flush with the top of the kidney. "

Wait to suit up first before making any cuts. What worked for others might not work for you (different body types).

From page 10 on AJ's build, you can see only after he has worn it did he know what areas to address. 

Edited by LTM
link
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, LTM said:

"And for the back plate it looks as I need to remove a goo portion of the bottom return edge to make it sit flush with the top of the kidney. "

Wait to suit up first before making any cuts. What worked for others might not work for you (different body types).

From page 10 on AJ's build, you can see only after he has worn it did he know what areas to address. 

Thanks. I did trim a little off the back plate. Working on the strapping now. I should be able to do some partial suit up for more fitment this weekend.  As for the pic from AJ pg 10 I did that as well. The side shot doesn't show it very well. See pic below it is from the inside of the posterior. Thanks for the input.

CPE4wnX.jpg

Edited by Greg S

Great job Greg, if I had any advice it would be to remove as much of the return edge around the lower Ab/cod (groin) and posterior plates. These areas will chafe heavily when trooping, as well as it looks more accurate thinned out.

That said, if you're very thin in stature then letting it remain will give the armor the illusion of thickness which isn't bad for thinner folks. 

Keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1