TK-91918 Reporting in!

Now... the fun begins!  Harder, (AKA TK-91918).. reporting for duty!

Nearly 6 years ago, I learned about the 501st, simply via googling to buy a stormtrooper "costume".  I admit, I used the excuse of a Madri Gras party to be the reason to pull the trigger and do it.  But upon searching, and discovering the 501st, peaking my curiosity, later to see all the good they do... albeit was already a passion, became purpose.  I have been a fan as many here clearly are, since childhood.  LOVED Vader.  What a bad A** mother right there!  The Stormtroopers to me were the elite group and front line, the true power and force to be reckoned with.  When my children were little, a friend of theirs was diagnosed with Childhood leukemia.  He was one of 14 children in the cancer wing at the local cancer focused hospital.  Through a 7 year battle, he was the only child within his ward to survive.  I visited him often with the kids and this young man became a son to me as well.  I cried when I left, but left him laughing and with hope.  "See you tomorrow... stop faking it, its getting old... Love you."  One day, I was there, when I witnessed the 501st, trooping through the hallways.  At that time, I only thought how cool it was, and those are nice people.  

Come back to 6 years ago, discovering the 501st existence, and then tying it back to such strong emotional ties, plus fandom... Hence my passion grew.

A few years back went through a hurtful divorce.  I found myself needing to rediscover myself and re-establish purpose.  I had access to money that I could use just for me.  After the support of the new love in my life, and family, I purchased a fully commissioned set from RSP.  As a plastics degreed mechanical engineer, I knew I could build it, but I wanted to get to trooping and help brighten anyone's day with this persona. 

After two months, it came!!  But the legs were 3" sized too big every dimension.   Initially I was heartbroken, but RSP followed true with their reputation.  They immediately rushed to correct the mistake at no cost.

While I was waiting for the 501st approval, I decided to dawn the armor and report in as an off duty storm trooper.  I had so much fun with this, and sending some pictures to friends, I was overwhelmed with people asking for more.  I love making the photos.  

So, I got my approval!

"TK-91918.. I AM.. at my post!"

I want to thank so many of you for helping me with questions and adjustments, snap strap fittings, where to procure, who to trust, all the plethora of information available... And while I can't possibly thank everyone, @MaskedVengeance @justjoseph63 @CableGuy @ukswrath @Sly11 @gmrhodes13 @Firedog @TKSpartan  y'all, have been an incredible help and of the highest value to help me make this purpose and passion a reality.  Thank you!

Now... I'm gonna return that kindness and assist anyone else with a purpose and passion.  Oh, and start my trooplog  lol.

Regards to all Troopers and aspiring..

Harder, AkA Craig Best

755wyeP.jpg

• Like 10

Dude, that’s a great backstory. Thank you for sharing it with us. It’s a great reminder of why we do what we do. Kudos on your approval too. Your passion will make you an excellent addition to the ranks of shiny whites! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Harder said:

Now... I'm gonna return that kindness and assist anyone else with a purpose and passion.  

First, welcome to the ranks, Craig!  The above quote from you is exactly what we love to see here... giving back.  We all started this journey having a million questions, but once many complete it they fade away.  Having those who have not only "been there, done that" but are willing to share their knowledge here are the very backbone of the FISD.

As a bonus, the camaraderie here is unbelievable.  I've made friends from all over the world and trooped with many of them. 

I get the Children's hospital thing completely.  I have done those, and they are among the most rewarding of all.  Just seeing a kid's face light up makes it all worth it.

You have a quality set of armor there, so now that you have your official TK number it's time we start working on getting that Expert Infantry badge under your name (hint hint).  If you need any help, you know where to go, lol.  You are also more than welcome to PM me if I can be of any help, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Not sure what part of the Carolina Garrison you live in, but hopefully once this pandemic is under control we can meet up at a troop!

• Like 1

Exactly! And that will be awesome. Aside from EIB… I plan on going to centurion.

I just had Shoulder surgery yesterday. So now it’s a road of recovery so I can get back in the armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations and welcome!!!! Looking sharp!

Thanks Firedog. My girlfriend took all the pictures. SW fan herself. Now... question is....Can I get the golden bikini approved for her???

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:34 AM, Harder said:

Thanks Firedog. My girlfriend took all the pictures. SW fan herself. Now... question is....Can I get the golden bikini approved for her???

Dare I say it's worth a shot?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...