ANH TK Build | Ireland

Syntaxerror

Hi all!

So, I have ordered my TK kit and am now patiently waiting, (sort of), for the BBB day. Lots of pictures will indeed be posted. 

I have ultimately gone with 2mm ABS capped for my first kit. There were so many good vendor recommendations from here, the Irish forum as well as here as well as individuals I reached out to,, but ultimately went with Ross @ RWA. Absolutely first class when it came to answering stupid questions from a new recruit :).

I have also gone with a commission from another 501st colleague based on recommendation. I would not have confidence in myself, well, not screwing it up!

There are some pieces I aim to either mod/build myself to polish off the kit once its here, but first and formost, I think I should start gathering the soft pieces.

In terms of under suit, I assume that any copression wear would suffice, provided no logos or coloured stitching are on show?

Thouhgts on either? 

Under Suit:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F63KF41/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A9S56BTL94S55&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LANBAOSI-Running-Leggings-Compression-Underwear/dp/B07W932KR6/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=mens%2Bcompression%2Bsuit%2Btop%2Bblack%2Blong%2Bsleeve&qid=1607257187&sr=8-7&th=1&psc=1

Edited by Syntaxerror
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Great choice going with RWA and for starting a build thread:duim: I´ll get a Staff member to move it to the right section:salute: @starsaber25 Steve, could you do the honors? 

You got it Daniel!  @SyntaxerrorRichard - please be aware that your build thread is now in the ANH Build section. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShaneM said:

Any single undersuit or top & bottom set with no logos is good. I've got some sets in my local Aldi or Lidl when they have them in stock.

Shall peruse the special buys when their winter clothing is back in rotation :) 

3 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

You got it Daniel!  @SyntaxerrorRichard - please be aware that your build thread is now in the ANH Build section. 

Rookie mistake number 1 :laugh1: will take note for next time!

Looking forward to seeing your build very soon.

I use compression shirt and pants, great for warm troops as it tends to keep me a lot cooler. For really cold troops I've used men's long sleeved tee and ladies legging pants.

Not much of an update today and BBB will be a number of weeks out yet, however, continuing to gather soft parts. 

Boots: Imperial boots VIA RS Props

Gloves: Heavy duty black Marigolds (Tesco)

Hand Guards: Silicone Flexible Hand Guards sourced locally

Is it too early to start looking peripheral items such as cooling / trooper amp etc?

2 minutes ago, Syntaxerror said:

Is it too early to start looking peripheral items such as cooling / trooper amp etc?

Never too early, great to have some items handy to move on with while waiting for glue or paint to dry ;) 

10 minutes ago, Syntaxerror said:

Looks like I can’t attach my pics. Another edit coming soon. 

Most of us use Imgur a free online image host, once photos are upload you can copy and paste into your post