TK-19024 Requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion Status (RS Propmasters) 487

Ghostrider

Hi there,

Below is my submission for Centurion. I can't believe it has been three months since I applied for Expert Infantry as it has gone so fast. I have gone through all the observation and Centurion requirements notes from my Expert Infantry application and made adjustments and changes as required. I have also added notes where applicable for corrections I have made from Expert Infantry submission and included a link for the previous Expert Infantry submission.

Name: Craig Whyte

TK-ID: 19024

Forum Name: Ghostrider

Garrison: Outpost 42

Legion Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=32877

Armor: RS Prop Masters

Helmet: RS Prop Masters

Undersuit: RS Prop Masters

Blaster: RS Prop Masters

Neckseal: RS Prop Masters

Gloves: RS Prop Masters

Belt: RS Prop Masters

Boots: Imperial Boots

Size: 1.78m

Weight: 70kg

gxXiZCT.jpg

EOs7c5u.jpg

1GOs9ee.jpg

qegP7Lu.jpg

4iXCnEK.jpg

fnBgQGh.jpg

AFlnY3c.jpg

lbkPAaS.jpg

Raised Brow Trim and added black cloth behind the helmet teeth

qohk5VF.jpg

Trimmed brow trim in both of the traps. Also in both of the traps expanded the paint to fill the available area.

QYDcGt7.jpg

yBApIme.jpg

p5tbIlF.jpg

eirrsvN.jpg

KEp606r.jpg

eirrsvN.jpg

eaLiQN2.jpg

tirqz2D.jpg

wwhBuqA.jpg

pKLqEIw.jpg

j96Tl3t.jpg

vYXaHtC.jpg

7KHVXsG.jpg

Han snap repositioned as per supplied EI application photo

vTdyWIT.jpg

Rivets adjusted to fit the measurements supplied in EI application photo. They now sit 20mm from the top, next ones are 52mm down and third ones are 53mm down. All rivets are now 10mm from the edge.

ikgPCBS.jpg

Changed rivet positions on Ammo Belt

72Zwwo2.jpg

LOUFaee.jpg

gmGEidV.jpg

Squared off both sides of the Sniper Plate

dZ8Mh4g.jpg

k9fuq9m.jpg

F59hTSU.jpg

rAEkHQi.jpg

Q5aOMD2.jpg

Increased the curve on both of the TD clips so they sit flush

NIgy4cq.jpg

bIgCMve.jpg

Drop boxes position adjusted so they align with end ammo belt

tthnFec.jpg

Hand guards replaced

JmICmUi.jpg

yMk0Xs6.jpg

New blaster photos to show there is no weathering. Previous ones had a lot of glare and created reflection

MVhImn4.jpg

DK32WS2.jpg

Nice work trooper, just a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here.

Make sure you have someone check your TD when you kit up next, also appears you right glove is not tucked in all the way ;) 

fnBgQGh.jpg

Could do with another coat of paint on your side rivets

vTdyWIT.jpg

Belt boxes aren't quite at the end of the plastic belt

qegP7Lu.jpg

Elastic straps over the shoulder straps should be on the rear 

eaLiQN2.jpg

Angle on the side of the sniper plate should mimic the angle on the shin behind

gmGEidV.jpg

Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2   TQSUjK8.jpg?1  YSGgsvY.png?1

Your belt corners are a little big and they should meet with the edge of the fabric belt, yours looks a little larger

bIgCMve.jpg

yp9XgX5.jpg

Nice work, good luck with approval

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Always great to have an experienced person give it the once over. The glove and TD was my fault. I was trying to get the outdoor pictures done before it rained and was rushing with my daughter taking them. That picture from the back was actually a retake and I had taken my glove off and did not put it on again properly and must have moved the TD as well. I have been out this morning and got more white paint and will touch up the rivets and any other that need it. I will also move the elastic as mentioned and put some more glue on that belt box to hold it in the correct position. For the belt I will sand more off each end to try and match it up better. Regarding the Sniper plate I am not sure what I can do there. I squared up each side as per the comments from my Expert Infantry submission to take out the curve.I have looked at a number of different Web images and other Centurion applications and some have quite a tall vertical aspect on the Sniper plate exposing the top of the shin like mine has. I would welcome any ideas on what I could do there but I can‘t move the sniper plate because of the ridge it sitting on.

Regards

Craig

I have completed rivet painting as suggested and it has come up well. Also touched up the ammo belt rivets but it took a couple of coats for both until I was happy. Also I have moved the elastic to the rear of the shoulder straps and glued the belt to hold the belt boxes in position better.

fCB1LIn.jpg

298uSu8.jpg

Hi Craig, could you pleas update  the following photos please?

1-The internal strapping photo . the one you posted (below), is the same of your EIB app and still shows the han Snap and AB/kidney rivets in the wrong position.

2- The Sniper knee (both sides  straighter as the one from your EIB shown) ?

aJ7tH5Z.jpg           Je58tSF.jpg?1      

Thanks.   :salute:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I have added two pictures below to show the changed position of the Han Snap. I have also added a picture from each side of the Sniper Knee to show where I sanded out the curve to square it up.

d0331Tl.jpg

p6npjmV.jpg

1LlinTc.jpg

slp4WVb.jpg

Hi Trooper, thank you for the fast update. well done!!

Looking at your ab belt position,  I noticed that it is sitting lower than the required for Centurion Level and will need to be addressed before moving on.

The L3 CRL states: 

• The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Reference Images

34Cmuxf.jpg?1              oSsuucN.jpg?1    TqNDcWK.jpg?1

A common and practical solution for this is to add  a couple small strips of velcro to the front of the ab armor to keep the belt from sagging.

Thank you 

I am at work now but will get on to that when I get home. There are a couple of snaps but they from the photo’s they are keeping the belt too low so will bring it up higher with the Velcro strips as suggested.

• Like 1

I have added Velcro strips and it has made a big difference to the sagging in the middle and holds it in the position as shown in the top picture below. The bottom picture shows the Velcro strips on the abdomen armour and the belt.

76Nm6CK.jpg

QEbpDY8.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Craig , and thank you for your Centurion  application! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of CENTURION.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

***************************************************

Here we have a couple of dressing issues noted by fellow troopers and  that are common small oversights when putting on our armor and we  don't have a handler near us. 1- Your right glove is not tucked in all the way  and your TD is a bit angled .  What I usually do when dressing alone is to tell a fellow trooper to help me to place the TD  into the right position and  make a fast check  to be sure everything  is in place.

Reference Images

lsbH4cE.jpg                       5bwNikh.jpg?1    6AQSNWS.jpg?1

Reference Images

iNXSbzI.jpg?1                8F9CnJC.jpg?1    6JL0myY.jpg?2

Looking close to your TD control panel , it looks like it has a small section of return edge or has a bit remaining plastic  of the mold,  you could trim it and add some E6000 to make it stay flatten. 

Reference Images 

9ZChDgy.jpg?2     AoHxi3M.jpg?1                   9xY2P6k.jpg?1

***************************************************

Congratulations and welcome to the Centurion ranks Trooper !!!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-19024 Requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion Status (RS Propmasters) 487

Thank you very much. I am really stoked to have achieved this and also made my goal of getting into the Centurion 500. A big thanks to @TKSpartan for going through my application. Also a big thanks to @gmrhodes13 for his advice and feedback in both my Centurion and Expert Infantry applications. Also a big shout out to all the supportive members from Outpost 42 in New Zealand.

• Like 2