What have I gotten myself into?

16 minutes ago, Zinfer said:

I'm thinking best approach is to drill the previous snaps out.

Yes I would remove those, use a sharp drill bit on low speed and apply a little pressure, keep the heat down.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many don't heat the armor before drilling, if you go slow and not too much pressure you should be fine drilling the holes, having a support piece of plastic glued behind can help stop cracking.  

You don't have to use metal brackets although they are screen accurate, you can actually use snaps and elastic all around.   If you do use them the bracket screws can split the plastic

I know that this can be frustrating.  We have all been there.  As we explained to you on our Ohio Garrison academy Facebook page, having a member come to you to help you is not an option with the pand

Posted Images

Pulled the original button snaps off the torso using a drill. Replaced button snaps with Heavy Duty beefier Line 24 male snaps. Now for the canvas belt work of replacing all the snaps.

60jvzXX.jpg

lAVCWxT.jpg

xnQt84n.jpg

I'm really feeling like placing velcro in the center of the torso rather than installing a 3rd snap.  Check me if I'm right, but I'm thinking this is better than a misaligned snap.  Now for the canvas belt itself and plastic ammo section.

Edited by Zinfer

Either would work, at least using velcro will allow you to adjust position.

I used a snap, I kitted up then made sure the belt was sitting in the right position, taped were the top of the belt sat on AB then worked out the snap position from there, really wasn't that hard to do.

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Either would work, at least using velcro will allow you to adjust position.

I used a snap, I kitted up then made sure the belt was sitting in the right position, taped were the top of the belt sat on AB then worked out the snap position from there, really wasn't that hard to do.

I mean if I used a hot iron to poke a hole that left a mark on the torso that'd do.  Just wondering who has actually cleaned or washed (and I imagine wash would be dry cleaners due to all the fray on both edges) their belt.  Mine is bright white, not a cream color.

I've washed one of my belts before, a youngling smudged icecream on it, although I don't have any fraying and none of my hardware on the belt would rust and leave marks, I tested them before washing ;)