Hello World - New Guy from UK

t0m46w

Good Evening all and Hello!!

My Names Tom and I'm from Oxfordshire in the UK. I am a complete novice to this however I would like to have a go at creating my own costume. 

I have a background in carpentry so I am hoping some of the skills are transferable to this, but we will see. 

I have had a quick look around the Forum but it all seems a bit daunting. I guess the first question is where is a good place to start? 

I'm excited to make a start and I look forward to picking your expert brains in the process to help me along my way. 

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Tom. Great to have you join the FISD.

I’m a UK Garrison stormtrooper and armourer and we’ll be more than happy to help you on your journey, as will the global stormtrooper family here at the FISD.

As you’ll be joining the 501st with the UK Garrison, I’d suggest you sign up on the UKGarrison.co.uk forum, too. When you choose your suit of armour, you can then start your own work in progress (WIP) thread and myself or another armourer will be assigned to help you through your build.

Speaking of which, here’s a great place of information for the various armour makers out there. You’ll see many here are UK based, with others from around the world; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

The list above are tried and tested by troopers around the world. Personally, I’d highly recommend staying away from Jedi Robe, SDS (original stormtrooper) and TKUK.

Here’s some tips of becoming a stormtrooper;

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30456-how-to-join-the-501st-legion-as-an-imperial-stormtrooper-tk/

I won’t bombard you with more links at the moment. Take it step by step.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Dan / CableGuy / TK42911

3e59936127db0a028a91523d95eec703.jpg&key=77a899d74bc7483971618741b901fffbc1c028451cbb7d8ffa3f1b0e042cf263

Welcome, Tom! First of all, you're already halfway to a great start by coming here to FISD! This is where you'll find all the help you could want to help you on your Stormtrooper journey. To add another link to those that Dan mentioned above, here is the Getting Started section:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

Within that area I also have an All-In-One resource thread, which isn't truly an all-in-one compilation (there is too much on the forum to include), but it's a collection of threads that I saved for my first build (currently in progress). We look forward to following along with you on here. If you're up for it, consider doing a WIP thread on both the UKG forum and on here, to broaden your audience and hopefully recruit more feedback/help.

Caleb