VoiceBooster MR1506 vs MR2300

First question:

I've noticed that sometimes in large crowds it's hard to hear a TK even when they turn up their VoiceBooster MR1506. So for my TK I'm thinking of getting the VoiceBooster MR2300 so I can be a little louder. However, I don't see anyone buying that model. Why? Am I missing something? Should I not buy that one?

Second question:

Will the MR2300 work with the iComm? Because the website is contradicting itself by saying both yes and no so now I'm confused.

ie. at the top of http://store.voicebooster.com/icomm-imperial-communication-system/ it says, "Not for use with the iComm: VoiceBooster models MR2200, MR2300, MR2300, AK38 and other brands of amplifiers." But right before the VIDEOS section there is a paragraph that says, "Note, all VoiceBooster amplifiers will work with the IComm except the MR100 model."

Which one is it???

Personally I find the 1506 loud enough even at conventions, but I would suggest the issue would be the size of the amp 1506 3.75” x 2.81” x 1.08” (90mm x 70mm x 27mm) and the  MR2300 5.31” x 3.74” x 1.57” (135mm x 95mm x 40mm), the 1506 fits nicely behind the chest plate or in a pouch for FOTK's. There is also the weight 1506 0.41 lbs and MR2300 0.99 lbs. From their site Note: This amplfiier does not work well with the iComm becasue it is too large to fit inside of a Costume. Please choose the MR1506 model or MR1505 model. 

I don't even think I've seen any builds using the MR2300.

I remember reading once that there are some amps that had a power feedback which could damage the Icomm but couldn't tell you which, that was some time ago.

Perhaps reach out to them to enquire Sales@tkproductsllc.net or CustomerService@tkproductsllc.net

They do state on their site Not for use with the iComm: VoiceBooster models MR2200, MR2300, MR2300, AK38 and other brands of amplifiers.

FYI I've just done a forum search and there are no results for MR2300 

• Like 1

Okay so I called TK Products this morning. They clarified that the MR2300 DOES work with the iComm. There are no issues. They work fine together. The only reason they have some verbiage on their web site that says otherwise is because there has been many instances in the past where 501st members purchase the MR2300 not realizing it's too big to fit in their TK so now they're stressed and have to go through the return process, pay extra to ship back, and purchase a new one taking up more time and money. It becomes a bad experience. So their warning on their web site is because of it's size fitting in our costumes. And has nothing to do with it the iComm functioning with the MR2300.

Side note, they said if you can fit the MR1505 (versus the MR1506) in your TK then go for it since it has a longer battery life and sounds a little louder.

There have been older posts on this forum mentioning the MR1505 not working with the iComm. They wanted to clarify that that was a very brief issue about a decade ago. The software was updated and so the MR1505 works perfectly with the iComm.

Also, maybe someone already covered this on a previous post but they clarified that we ARE able to swap out the battery inside these units. The units are not sealed and don't need to replace the whole unit when the battery stops working. In fact they sell extra batteries on their site. They mentioned this because they spoke to some 501st members who didn't know this.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass all this info along. Happy building.

Edited by googleglassjedi

Okay so I called TK Products this morning. They clarified that the MR2300 DOES work with the iComm. There are no issues. They work fine together. The only reason they have some verbiage on their web site that says otherwise is because there has been many instances in the past where 501st members purchase the MR2300 not realizing it's too big to fit in their TK so now they're stressed and have to go through the return process, pay extra to ship back, and purchase a new one taking up more time and money. It becomes a bad experience. So their warning on their web site is because of it's size fitting in our costumes. And has nothing to do with it the iComm functioning with the MR2300.

Side note, they said if you can fit the MR1505 (versus the MR1506) in your TK then go for it since it has a longer battery life and sounds a little louder.

There have been older posts on this forum mentioning the MR1505 not working with the iComm. They wanted to clarify that that was a very brief issue about a decade ago. The software was updated and so the MR1505 works perfectly with the iComm.

Also, maybe someone already covered this on a previous post but they clarified that we ARE able to swap out the battery inside these units. The units are not sealed and don't need to replace the whole unit when the battery stops working. In fact they sell extra batteries on their site. They mentioned this because they spoke to some 501st members who didn't know this.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass all this info along. Happy building.

Great info. Thanks for making the call and sharing your findings with the detachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good information, I had a feeling the MR2300 was a larger unit but that is solid confirmation
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk