TK-25622 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (485)

OddViking327

Name: Colin Adams

TKID: TK-25622

Forum Name: OddViking327

Garrison: Golden Gate Garrison

Height: 72.5”

Weight: 198 lbs

Armor Maker: AM 4.5 - Dave’s Darkside Depot

Helmet Maker: AM 4.5 - Dave’s Darkside Depot

Blaster Type: Imperial Arms 3D - E-11 V3 (with modifications and improvements)

Boots Maker: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt: Rob Kittell

Hand Plates Type: Flexible Silicone by Just Joseph

Electronics: Speakers and SHA by Ukswrath, fans by me

Neck Seal Type: Imperial Boots

Holster Maker: Darman’s Props

EIB approval thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/50259-tk-25622-requesting-stormtrooper-anh-stunt-eib-status-1007/

Armor Build Thread (page 3 shows my Centurion updates): https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49991-oddvikings-anh-stunt-build-am-45/

Blaster Build Thread (the last half details a modification for Centurion): https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/50223-imperial-arms-3d-e-11-version-3-kit/

Photos

Full Body:

49fsjKL.jpg

uxdbDpX.jpg

zEiYwJu.jpg

okcdHjQ.jpg

KcH4x05.jpg

RIvALIf.jpg

RSn8ijf.jpg

Helmet:

b8pth4T.jpg

hq2juca.jpg

9Vmo6HR.jpg

7cKrUus.jpg

tX353A9.jpg

M56gBae.jpg

K3NASrK.jpg

S-curve: geDYxk1.jpg

Details:

dEmRtp5.jpg

I3311h5.jpg

A8w1iHZ.jpg

giOQWtY.jpg

AMkRsOV.jpg

7EqgtKp.jpg

zCw2nXQ.jpg

QS5e4q9.jpg

EI8Zzuo.jpg

EVaSR2x.jpg

OlLxQ5S.jpg

wD6fQWd.jpg

3baUMFY.jpg

6cpvE0d.jpg

ZZd72rA.jpg

NqvffJX.jpg

laG4pHs.jpg

atKn3ua.jpg

1h3dZA5.jpg

YiI3WmG.jpg

Blaster:

7fDxoC5.jpg

vvC3sJ6.jpg

V2ag7hE.jpg

Thanks for the consideration, and the very helpful suggestions in my build threads that got my kit to this point! For the Empire!

Edited by OddViking327
Added a photo
  • Like 3

Nice work on all the updates, just a suggestion before the DO's get here:

Appears your butt plate may be getting pushed backwards and overlapping the kidney, could be loose strapping?

okcdHjQ.jpg

RIvALIf.jpg

I would also reduce the gap at your elbows by bringing the forearms upwards, will give you some room at your wrists ;)

49fsjKL.jpg

I realized I had taken a few other photos during construction that my be pertinent to this application:

Filled lower thigh gaps ( I actually liked it so much for strength and aesthetics, I filled all of my edge gaps on the tops and bottoms of the thighs, biceps, etc):

2fizXzD.jpg

6FMmQJ1.jpg

Inside ab split rivets (coated the sharper edges with white E6000 to prevent snags):

7E5RUwv.jpg

Let me know if there are any other pics needed

Edited by OddViking327
  • Like 1

It was pointed out that the wrist openings had still a little curve of the return remaining:

TGg2II7.jpg

They should be totally flat, so I brought out the Dremel and sand paper and removed the last residual return:

0bjmcIt.jpg

MIqcHMZ.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Colin, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Centurion! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Centurion.  Congratulations, brother!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

WOW, brother.. a simply fantastic job on all those fixes!  Outstanding work, sir, and it has certainly paid off in spades.

Just a couple of suggestions to make that glorious set of shiny white armor look even better:

As seen below, your posterior plate is really riding over the bottom of the kidney.   It's certainly not the end of the world, lol, but it kind of throws off the overall appearance and adjusting it (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge) would give you a much better look. 

UVwBaTR.jpg  MTs8aBm.jpg                      09ZAMPC.jpg?1 e4UaIVs.jpg?1 

Glen (gmrhodes) has an awesome way to remedy this:

XkJtuaz.jpg?1

This is not the biggest of deals, but is coming from more from a comfort standpoint.  As seen in the reference images below, there is a distinct gap between the tops of the thighs and the cod area.  Removing some of the tops as suggested will also give you a lot more mobility and a closer screen-accurate look.  Trust me on this one. ;)

MGzfqWi.jpg        aq0TuwP.jpg?1   cIbdQ66.jpg?1  KpuFcR4.jpg?1  

And that does it!  Welcome to the ranks, Trooper, and congrats on being a part of the "Original 500" Centurions!! 

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-25622 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (485)

Wow, thanks everyone! I am so excited to have reached this milestone. A lot of great help along the way, and I look forward to helping out in turn, especially once local armor parties start up again.

@gmrhodes13 I think I understand that clip, and that it is attached just on the posterior plate, that makes sense. Is there a forum post about it more (like material, size, and how many mounts) you can point me to? 

6 hours ago, OddViking327 said:

@gmrhodes13 I think I understand that clip, and that it is attached just on the posterior plate, that makes sense. Is there a forum post about it more (like material, size, and how many mounts) you can point me to? 

No actual post, although I should perhaps add it to the how to section once it's cleaned up.

I found using one either side is enough, thickness is what every you have for cover strip material, width 1 to 2 inch is sufficient, here are the images I use

iQ6j9pfd.jpg)qrjihT5.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I made the couple of finishing touches that were recommended. First up was trimming the thigh and cod area to give it a bit more black, and probably a bit less chafing on a parade troop:

0ZG3DZI.jpg

Updated. I can always trim more, but trying this for now: 

rpIa4ud.jpg

And then the classic "trooper butt" issue:

dxzT4Ev.jpg

@gmrhodes13 had a simple solution, and I decided to make it. He suggested they go out on the sides, but for how my armor was popping straight back, I found the ideal location was more toward the 1/3 points. I took some card stock to figure out the size I might need, and then took some of the cover strip plastic [EDIT: black plastic would be more ideal, because these clips will just be visible in the crack - I plan to paint mine black in that gap], and cut two rectangles, 3cm by 7.5cm. I used @ukswrath's focused heating technique, where you use a couple of pieces of wood on either side of a bend spot, and heat just that gap, for a more controlled bend. On mine, I needed about 1 cm of arch on the inside for it to work:

azBZsR4.jpg

Glued on one side with white E6000 (for this to work, it just gets mounted on one side. That way you can still detach the armor, and it can slide side to side a bit for some movement. These clips just keep the bottom from being able to pop out further than the other plate). I placed them 4 cm from the edges of the back rectangular detail. I tried it on, and it worked perfectly! No more trooper-butt!

az4zGJm.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, team!

Edited by OddViking327
added an update line
  • Like 1

Very nice use of v-tabs! Did you also paint the inside of the v-bend black? I plan on using black abs for mine to avoid having to paint and to keep it invisible from outside. Excellent kit, which I’ve prob already said before!

• 2 weeks later...

[Edit: I intended to add this to my build thread, not here, apologies] 

I created an IG post about my helmet electronics, and made a panoramic, labelled pic of the inside, which I will share here.

Most troopers add small fans for the heat and fogging. Many have an external sound system with some modulation effects (usually behind their chest plate with a headset mic). For mine, I wanted it all contained. I added a voice system, fans, power, and en environmental hearing assist system, and somehow had to fit all of that around my larger-than-usual head.
Swipe for a panoramic inside view with labels. Here’s what I have in there:
- Ukswrath trooper talk system (mic, amp, iCOMM modulator that adds static after speaking, and the Hovi tips on the front of the helmet are the speakers)
- Ukswrath Stormtrooper Hearing Assist (SHA) system (mics are under the “ear” plates, over-ear headphones inside are detached from Velcro and put on my ears as I put on the helmet)
- flat power pack with dual USB outlets
- USB in line switches
- two USB 5v fans
- A lot of Velcro

3FsMgJk.jpg

ouE89e3.jpg

rtfPGZT.jpg

(click if it is too small to see)

Edited by OddViking327
added a line
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, OddViking327 said:

I created an IG post about my helmet electronics, and made a panoramic, labelled pic of the inside, which I will share here.

Most troopers add small fans for the heat and fogging. Many have an external sound system with some modulation effects (usually behind their chest plate with a headset mic). For mine, I wanted it all contained. I added a voice system, fans, power, and en environmental hearing assist system, and somehow had to fit all of that around my larger-than-usual head.
Swipe for a panoramic inside view with labels. Here’s what I have in there:
- Ukswrath trooper talk system (mic, amp, iCOMM modulator that adds static after speaking, and the Hovi tips on the front of the helmet are the speakers)
- Ukswrath Stormtrooper Hearing Assist (SHA) system (mics are under the “ear” plates, over-ear headphones inside are detached from Velcro and put on my ears as I put on the helmet)
- flat power pack with dual USB outlets
- USB in line switches
- two USB 5v fans
- A lot of Velcro

(click if it is too small to see)

Awesome job, loving the photos also. Thanks for posting this