TK-88667 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [Anovos] (484)

TK88667

Trooper Info

Name: Ken Schafer

TK:  TK-88667

FISD Name: TK88667 (formerly: ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit)

Garrison: Southern California Garrison

Height: 6'-1"

Weight: 210

Armor:  Anovos

Helmet:  Anovos

Cloth Belt:  Trooperbay

Neck Seal:  TheCostumeBase

Boots:  Imperial Boots

Blaster:  Hyperfirm

Holster: Trooperbay

Hand guards: Rubber gloves and latex hand guards from JustJoseph63

EIB submission:  

Photos:

Full Body

1.  ___  Front (Arms flat by side, no weapon)

n5Qiaud.jpg

2.  ___  Back (Arms flat by side)

nje9r87.jpg

3.  ___  Left side (Arms raised)

CKBJ9Rm.jpg

4.  ___  Right side (Arms raised)

YX7B5cB.jpg

5.  ___  Left side detail (arms raised)

iQEojYM.png

6.  ___  Right side detail (arms raised)

JhPFn3H.png

6-A. ___ Acton Shot"

jIrMPf6.jpg

Armor Details

7.  ___  Cod and posterior plate connections showing rivet/snaps (exterior)

JzzZy1A.jpg

8.  ___  Shoulder bridges- Front/rear/sides

front: 8IB4Ftv.jpg rear: 0HFJ6xb.jpg sides: A9mSh16.jpgReyyZHd.jpg

9.  ___  Thigh ammo pack connections (interior and exterior, left and right sides)

ozWPnPk.jpg 8TPtuFS.jpg 8UuBJTK.jpg f1erzTC.jpg

10. ___  Sniper knee plate (left and right sides)

C9B95yM.jpg hpjA0ag.jpg

11. ___  Wrist openings

PvYOCuJ.jpg

12. ___  Abdomen button plates (close-up)

brCWXiG.jpg

13. ___  Posterior plate/kidney connection (back and/or front)

boMX7qW.jpg n288wIY.jpg

Helmet Details

14. ___  Front

NLOOOnr.jpg

15. ___  Left side

0ha5s1K.jpg

16. ___  Right side

aeyGdzp.jpg

17. ___  Rear

eaHjTGn.jpg

18. ___  Close-up of Hovi tips

zIKKzFm.jpg

19. ___  S-trim (side view)

fgeffri.jpg

20. ___ Ear screws (close up, left, right and bottom).

Kjzd808.jpg

Accessories

21. ___  TD (Thermal Detonator) front and rear showing screw type

6FZVJxQ.jpg 7JH7lcS.jpg

22. ___ Hand guards bent showing flexibility 

znbdFny.jpg yzNqUHo.jpg

23. ___  Holster attachment

CkTX1MX.jpg FmdgZ3m.jpg

24. ___  ABS/canvas belt (rear, showing drop boxes)

YgXwU4x.jpg N3lqGkU.jpg 7AwdJcs.jpg

25. ___  Boots (tops and sides)

U7ZDNVu.jpg mBU94W2.jpg f71y5Ib.jpg

BLASTER

26. ___  Left side

Unp1lCt.jpg

27. ___  Right side

X1HiyMd.jpg

28. ___ Rear (showing D-ring)

zqFAyBl.jpg

Edited by TK88667
Edit grammar/pics

Nice work trooper, a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here:

You could drop your TD down a little more on the belt

nje9r87.jpg

ENBGgGW.jpg  lcfQkaA.jpg?1   m3Wtd5G.jpg?1  

Belt is drooping quite a bit at the back, it could be lifted a little to follow the angle of the plastic belt section

iQEojYM.pngJhPFn3H.png  0y5NexF.jpg

You could remove the curved section from the sniper plate

hpjA0ag.jpg

Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2   TQSUjK8.jpg?1  YSGgsvY.png?1

TD screws could be closer to the end of the brackets

6FZVJxQ.jpg

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Belt corners should meet the width of the belt: 

• The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

697670733_imageproxy(3).jpg.eda65b87d5ddf32a5589d91f68d6fe68.jpg

Can't quite make out your ab/kidney rivets could you post a close up image of them please

Good luck with approval 

• Like 1

Hey Ken, good luck brother.  You got this.  Nice build.  Glen has you covered on the changes or adjustments.  But all in all really nicely done.  Look forward to trooping again

• Like 1

Glen,
Thanks for the feedback. Quick question for you on the location of the pan head screws on the TD aluminum clips. What is the dimension for the location of the screws? Because if memory serves I thought I was using Tony’s Stunt build as a reference for the screw locations. I thought it was .5” (12.7mm) from the end of the clip then another 1.5” (38.1 mm) to the second hole. Is there a specific dimension? I need to make a new set of clips to drop that TD down on the belt, so if someone can show me the correct dimensions, I’ll make the clips accurately. Just want to measure twice and cut once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion from screen reference material not a requirement, I'm sure the DO's will pass as is.

• Like 1

Hi Ken, and THANKS for submitting for Centurion!  You went above and beyond on those fixes, brother, and the seams look fantastic.  Unfortunately, there are 2 issues that we noticed... one that may need to be addressed and one super quick fix.

It may very well be the photo angles, but your ear screws really appear to have a convex curve on the tops (Truss head) as opposed to the flat, counter-sunk type required for Level 3.  Can you post up some close-up/side views for us?

Reference images

fpnvDOB.jpg?1  AyxuJ2V.jpg?1   l6BVTlg.jpg?1     ONl7bqp.jpg?1  lYIloZs.jpg?1    GJ6nO3N.jpg?1 nnU6cVp.jpg?1

If they are indeed the Truss head type, you can find the correct flat-head, slotted countersunk style at ACE hardware (link here to ones in SoCal) or any specialty hardware store (Lowe's or Home Depot do not normally carry them).  Alternatively, I can shoot you a set (no charge) if you pay postage (about 4 bucks).  PM me if you need this option. 

As Glen pointed out, as per the CRL for Centurion "The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt"

We see this on occasion, but you are fortunate in the fact that you have enough material at the ends to effectively trim them without going too close to the button plates (exactly as he has shown in his diagram).  EASY fix with a pair of tin-snips or a couple of careful cuts with a razor knife... should take you all of 5 minutes!

Reference images

9YMWRYq.jpg?1              ViWQHhV.jpg  BhvIwiK.jpg

Looking sharp, sir, and I look forward to seeing the updated results soon... you can do this!  :salute:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Ken, and THANKS for submitting for Centurion!  You went above and beyond on those fixes, brother, and the seams look fantastic.  Unfortunately, there are 2 issues that we noticed... one that may need to be addressed and one super quick fix.

It may very well be the photo angles, but your ear screws really appear to have a convex curve on the tops (Truss head) as opposed to the flat, counter-sunk type required for Level 3.  Can you post up some close-up/side views for us?

Reference images

fpnvDOB.jpg?1  AyxuJ2V.jpg?1   l6BVTlg.jpg?1     ONl7bqp.jpg?1  lYIloZs.jpg?1    GJ6nO3N.jpg?1 nnU6cVp.jpg?1

If they are indeed the Truss head type, you can find the correct flat-head, slotted countersunk style at ACE hardware (link here to ones in SoCal) or any specialty hardware store (Lowe's or Home Depot do not normally carry them).  Alternatively, I can shoot you a set (no charge) if you pay postage (about 4 bucks).  PM me if you need this option. 

As Glen pointed out, as per the CRL for Centurion "The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt"

We see this on occasion, but you are fortunate in the fact that you have enough material at the ends to effectively trim them without going too close to the button plates (exactly as he has shown in his diagram).  EASY fix with a pair of tin-snips or a couple of careful cuts with a razor knife... should take you all of 5 minutes!

Reference images

9YMWRYq.jpg?1              ViWQHhV.jpg  BhvIwiK.jpg

Looking sharp, sir, and I look forward to seeing the updated results soon... you can do this!  :salute:

Joseph,

Thanks for the feedback.  You are correct about the screws there was a small amount of dome on them (truss).  I located the correct screws 3H79UFj.jpg

and have installed them. uOO7EFL.jpg IHHdYej.jpg

Here are pictures of them painted: 4YMZ4XO.jpg Ub9bEdn.jpg.

I also have trimmed the ammo belt per Glen's instructions.  OLD62jx.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to adjust.  

Thanks again. 

• Like 2

Hi Ken, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Centurion! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Centurion.  Congratulations, brother!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First, you did a spectacular job on this armor, Ken!  Know that we really appreciate you jumping on those requests so fast, and that they turned out on a grand level.

Just a few items here that would improve your overall look even more.  All are fast and easy, and I hope they are something you will consider! :duim:

Fantastic (and QUICK) fix on those ear screws, but if you can get away with loosening the bottom ones up a bit it would help eliminate the distortion on the ABS.  The reason for the concern is that if they are too tight, they can possible pull through the opening (especially as seen in the second pic below), ruining the ear completely.  I have seen this happen, so just something to be aware of.

Ideally, they should be countersunk of course, but not all the way... juuuust enough to hold the ear in place.

Reference images

IpsXE3Q.jpg?1  fYpKuw3.jpg?1         W9QxNXL.jpg?1   UUfm70D.jpg?1   FwG7LWm.jpg?2

Your TD is riding pretty high, and could be dropped down to where the top is more in line with the top of the belt.  It may be that it just isn't pushed down completely or the clips may need to be bent/shifted some.  It's these small issues that count in the big picture, so something to consider when you suit up. ;)

Reference images

c89b905.jpg         MCK1isa.jpg?1   WRby3QT.jpg?1   dWdBFLU.jpg?1

As mentioned earlier, the sides of your sniper knee plate would benefit from 5 minutes with a Dremel and some sandpaper to give a sharper angle at the curve.

Reference images

awMDZER.jpg           DGPytjH.jpg?1  gDmtWSV.png?1   4Qh47gG.jpg?1

And that's it, sir!  Now that you have that Centurion badge under your name and are part of the "Original 500", I sincerely hope you will consider sticking around the forums and helping those who are on their way to having an awesome set of armor like you do!

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-88667 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [Anovos] (484)
On 11/30/2020 at 4:13 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Ken, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Centurion! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Centurion.  Congratulations, brother!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First, you did a spectacular job on this armor, Ken!  Know that we really appreciate you jumping on those requests so fast, and that they turned out on a grand level.

Just a few items here that would improve your overall look even more.  All are fast and easy, and I hope they are something you will consider! :duim:

Fantastic (and QUICK) fix on those ear screws, but if you can get away with loosening the bottom ones up a bit it would help eliminate the distortion on the ABS.  The reason for the concern is that if they are too tight, they can possible pull through the opening (especially as seen in the second pic below), ruining the ear completely.  I have seen this happen, so just something to be aware of.

Ideally, they should be countersunk of course, but not all the way... juuuust enough to hold the ear in place.

Reference images

IpsXE3Q.jpg?1  fYpKuw3.jpg?1         W9QxNXL.jpg?1   UUfm70D.jpg?1   FwG7LWm.jpg?2

Your TD is riding pretty high, and could be dropped down to where the top is more in line with the top of the belt.  It may be that it just isn't pushed down completely or the clips may need to be bent/shifted some.  It's these small issues that count in the big picture, so something to consider when you suit up. ;)

Reference images

c89b905.jpg         MCK1isa.jpg?1   WRby3QT.jpg?1   dWdBFLU.jpg?1

As mentioned earlier, the sides of your sniper knee plate would benefit from 5 minutes with a Dremel and some sandpaper to give a sharper angle at the curve.

Reference images

awMDZER.jpg           DGPytjH.jpg?1  gDmtWSV.png?1   4Qh47gG.jpg?1

And that's it, sir!  Now that you have that Centurion badge under your name and are part of the "Original 500", I sincerely hope you will consider sticking around the forums and helping those who are on their way to having an awesome set of armor like you do!

Thank you Joseph and the rest of the staff.  So excited!  I'm already fabricating new aluminum clips to lower the TD (and I'm working with Glen to move those pan heads closer to the edge.  I'll also clean up that sniper knee plate.  Screws in the bottom of the helmet are already loosed up.

Looking forward to helping others with my experience.  :-)

• Like 1