TK-22504 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [RS] 490

azoroes

• Name: Alexander Schwaninger
  • TK-ID: 22504
  • Forum Name: azoroes
  • Garrison: German Garrison (SESQ)
  • Legion profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=30445
  • EIB-Post: 
  •  
  • Armor: RS Prop Masters
  • Helmet: RS Prop Masters
  • Undersuit: RS Prop masters
  • Blaster: Doopy Doo Kit
  • Neckseal: Imperial Seamstress
  • Gloves: RS Prop masters
  • Belt: Selfmade
  • Boots: Imperial Boots
  •  
  • Size: 1,80m 
  • Weight: 63kg 

Full Shots: 

8OigriA.jpegkagamUc.jpegkIwUvzB.jpegGDKc8f9.jpeg

Improvements: 

I ordered a new brow trim and made a better fit:

YwMi4fO.jpegGiqQsSJ.jpeg,

Repainted the mouth for a better screen-match:

WOJEzBY.jpeg

Made a shorter strap in the middle to close the gap:

5KRviZR.jpeg

Trimmed the back side of the tights:

vgNbDT0.jpeg

Ordered a new pair of gloves with more symetrical details (this are the RS gloves, they're pretty stiff as i only wore them one time but they're latex)

o9wVIOz.jpeg wbMZSYE.jpeg

Readjusted the Hengstler:

GVboz5a.jpeg

Centurion Requirements: 

Tryed my best on fixing the frown:

XLRWZR5.jpeg 

GshrSQf.jpeg

Rearranged my shoulders for a better fit:

4sKPv3c.jpeg

Ordered a new hard belt, unfortunatly it was pre-cut from RS but i think i got it right as it is now (also re-arranged the drop-boxes):

Z5ONYl5.jpeg Ej5ZHnY.jpeg

Removed the last bits of the trim in the forearms:

CTnLDo7.jpeg 0rKhalx.jpeg

Repainted the barrel: 

GVboz5a.jpeg

J5cnrcw.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to inspect my costume another time, I hope to march to centurion really soon! 

Bonus:

5V3kRhj.jpeg

Edited by azoroes
  • Like 1

Great work on the EIB updates, a few suggestions before the DO's get here:

You appear to have a small amount of paint on the gums

1485460106_imageproxy(1).jpg.3b6b23e92becf1105b8d40ce23558949.jpg1279157581_imageproxy(2).jpg.b5d4160df45e780c9e97dfa20d94787b.jpgs4AllTr.jpg

Top corners of your kidney are sticking out, perhaps some plastic tabs behind my keep them in alignment with the ab. Also you have different gaps at the top of your thighs between them and your cod. Also different gaps at your wrists, perhaps it is the handplates positioning

imageproxy.jpg.bdc5e87359152242e4dd8b0127e6be4f.jpg

Your thighs are touching in a few areas, you may want to address these

22557509_imageproxy(3).jpg.f3c108d387fa9d7430528bbbc7c3ed63.jpg1672807377_imageproxy(4).jpg.0df176e6f73b4bcdf5c064639780e595.jpg

Vocoder paint is a little wobbly on one side

1199961685_imageproxy(5).thumb.jpg.031d9db376637b287cf7e389b8b428cb.jpgKKZqeB8.jpg9ZBQOLM.jpg

A few other photos will no doubt be needed

Close up of the sniper plate, front and both sides

Close up of the thigh ammo strip connectors/rivets, inside and outside

Close up of your side ab/kidney rivets

Ear bottom screws

Full side photos arms up

Close up of the detonator scews/clips

Helmet S trim

Helmet lens color

Full right side of blaster

Blaster D ring

Good luck with approval

• Like 1

Hey gmrhodes13, 

thanks a lot for this first review! 

I started removing some of the paint to get the teeth more correct and reviewed the paint on the vocoder. I'm pretty sure it's only looking wobbly on this picture as in real as also in different pictures it looks pretty straight. 

5MqSTHV.jpg 0BThpdB.jpg WOJEzBY.jpg

The tight fitting seems to be a problem due to a lack of walking, normally it sits a bit lower and isn't touching anything. Unconfortunatly it hasn't been possible to walk too far this days... Maybe this pictures of the last troops can help out:

Crsw8CR.jpg 

I am the left trooper: 

NKyIIUB.jpg

Is it needed to post all the pictures as for example the S-Trim, Lense colour ect. again as I already have figured all of this out in my EI-Application?

Only thing I'll take new pictures as I get to my tk next is the Sniper Plate as i cleaned of all the spilled E6000

Thanks a lot, 

Alex

Nice work on those fixes, Alex, and you are almost there!  As Glen mentioned, we need the extra photos so we can move along, brother.  Thanks!

Close up of the sniper plate, front and both sides

Close up of the thigh ammo strip connectors/rivets, inside and outside

Close up of your side ab/kidney rivets

Ear bottom screws

Full side photos arms up

Close up of the detonator scews/clips

Helmet S trim

Helmet lens color

Full right side of blaster

Blaster D ring

One thing I would look at as well is the rear of your right shoulder bell.  Although fronts line up perfectly, the right one is definitely longer in the back.  Raisin it just a hair and maybe trimming the bottom as shown would give you a much more symmetrical (and screen accurate) look. 

X7EcIMj.jpg  oNvtK66.jpg  96p6Trq.jpg

Allright, here we go! 

I'll throw in the pictures as aked for:

Close up knee:

Jde2H1b.jpgpGjYaEy.jpg

sWQ3fcc.jpg

ammo belt:

wyxakyY.jpg

ILxdTJv.jpg

Side:

4HYXYtY.jpg

4TXlQ0K.jpg

Ears:

XZQaDUN.jpg

PG2FXqi.jpg (1200×1599)

Arms up:

1imSMps.jpgmKvgh3f.jpg

Detonator:

9leDEye.jpg

S-Trim and Lense:

6jSVHBO.jpghQh5Xil.jpg

Blaster:

YLqtTKX.jpg

ioFZXNN.jpg

Back:

as the shoulders are pretty symetrical compared to each other I think repositioning them again was the trick:

OeTHujk.jpg

Also just tightening the belt a bit more helped to get rid of the unwanted kidney shape

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Just a couple of suggestions/notes before the DO's get here :

You may want to add another coat of paint to your ab/kidney rivets, also to the screws on our TD as there is quite a lot missing on those

4HYXYtY.jpg

9leDEye.jpg

Blaster handle/grip shouldn't have any weathering as they where black plastic (as where the T-tracks)

YLqtTKX.jpg&key=2d00204345558e083cba3095

Ideally the sniper plate should follow the angle of the shin behind

Jde2H1b.jpg

Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2   TQSUjK8.jpg?1  YSGgsvY.png?1

Just watch tightening our belt too much, looks like you may have a little bit of flaring/overlap with the kidney on the sides. Having tabs behind can help solve this and keeps the pieces aligned

1imSMps.jpg

Good luck trooper

Being the highest level of approval, Centurion requires a lot more attention to detail but you are almost there!

As Glen mentioned, the paint in a few areas needs a bit of touching up which should take you all of 15 to 20 minutes in total.  Looking forward to seeing the final pics so we can get you approved!

White

ZCETTso.jpg?3    7AQZGtM.jpg?3    sH1xj5R.jpg?1    PRTImFU.jpg?1    

Gray

IzSvfeX.jpg   kKhCCIT.jpg

Black (all TD screws)

SHq0iKw.jpg?1

Solid black (CRL requirement.

Y01IoMh.jpg?1

• Like 1

Okay, just got some paint on the TK, here we go:

u7m3DgJ.jpg

LN1z7jK.jpg

UhfJhNv.jpg

sxQs8LT.jpg

qXuDX2k.jpg

Ra6lBRx.jpg

AKxzrGz.jpg

only thing I'm really not sure about is if it's really right to glue the sniperplate as suggested by Glen, pictures why I'm curious following:

3igT8aD.jpg

K8TVSOT.jpg

Thats how it would look like from down below

Putting in tabs is something i want do do with a friend of mine who's also into stromtrooopers pretty good, so this task is still pending.

Hope to join the ranks soon,

Alex

Edited by azoroes

4 hours ago, azoroes said:

K8TVSOT.jpg

Thats how it would look like from down below

Nice work on the fixes, looks like most RS have a slight gap under the front, I would think it's a trade off between getting the right angle as well as not too much of a gap under the front

The back could come up a little

30853600_imageproxy(1).jpg.0082bbc6f5f702486a2a913c2235b203.jpg

Here are a couple of L3 RS Props sniper plates for comparison

RnxgcgD.jpg GLLdBgZ.jpg9a8swXm.jpgJHHgvEG.jpg

The angle is much better and you did an awesome job on the paint touch-ups, but you still have quite a bit of glue around the join (E-6000 is runny stuff, lol).  To remove it, just carefully score the edges along the side of the sniper plate with a razor, and then use your thumb to rub off the excess.  I know this is a small item in the "big picture", but it will give you a much better look!

QhA3eYD.jpg    1IN0C9E.jpg

Looks like you missed the screw heads on your brackets... :blush:

uGnAOw1.jpg

Am 8.12.2020 um 13:32 schrieb azoroes:

once the glue is fully dried I'll remove the rest that's too much

I'm sorry, think I translated it wrong, I never intended to leave the residue there ;)

VPx6n24.jpg ExEU8G0.jpg

And yes, you are totally right, i vorgot to paint this screws... I just repainted all with two layers of white!

boEbETG.jpg

Okay, this is hopefully the last step!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Centurion! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of CENTURION.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

You did it brother!  Just a few small details we hope you will address to make this armor one step closer to perfect:

It is seen in your first photos, but in the last ones it appears that the white elastic loop has slipped off the shoulder bridge/back plate tab, causing it to ride up.  Something to keep an eye on when suiting up.

3h8btaV.jpg   iwvyeS7.jpg?1  

As noted before, your kidney plate flares out on the sides (photo 1).  This is mostly apparent when seen from the front, especially on the right side (photo 2), and in looking at one of your EI photos (3) it actually overlaps the chest slightly.

Reference image

irK7EZ4.jpg vjtg8hB.jpg    YEVeGSM.jpg?1     qGBCHEs.jpg?1

This is what I would suggest:

Trim down the kidney on the right side.  This means you would no longer have the "notch" at the bottom, but that is no longer a requirement for Level 3 so you are good to go.

I would also add some strapping as seen in the second 2 photos below to keep things in place.  In a perfect world the ab and kidney should meet up perfectly, but if there is a slight overlap it looks much better to have the ab overlapping the kidney and not the other way around. ;)

Reference images

tkx5LJq.jpg      HMzuk1D.jpg  dYRHj9F.jpg?1  UbEBTgh.jpg  xOwmivc.jpg  eLIiGkq.jpg

And that's it!  All the work you did on those updates has paid off, so you are now officially part of the "Original 500" Troopers to reach Centurion.  Gut gemacht, Alex, und mein Eimer geht an Sie, Sir!   :smiley-sw013:

• Like 3

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22504 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [RS] 490