TK-55105 requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion status [AP] (486)

Cardena5

Hello.  Please accept my submission below, which includes notes on the corrections made from my EI submission.

Personal Information

Name: Alex Cardenas

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 185 lbs.

FISD Name: Cardena5

Legion ID#: 55105

Profile Page: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31330

Garrison: Florida Garrison / Everglades Squad

Build Information

Armor Maker: AP (Authentic Props)

Helmet Maker: AP (Authentic Props)

Blaster Type: E-11 Hyperfirm

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: AP

Hand Plates: Silicone plates from JustJoseph63

Electronics: Aker 50W Amp, TrooperTalk

Neck Seal: Darman's Props

Holster: AP

EIB Submission - 

Centurion Submission Photos

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

LxctKwY.jpg

wSsDOYE.jpg

Updates from EI:

1. Shortened shoulder bell straps to pull shoulders in closer to chest.
  2. Raised belt slightly higher to match screen references
  3. Slightly shifted drop boxes to ensure vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt and with minimal gap between belt and box

Full Body Back

og2Jiuo.jpg

Update from EI:

1.  Adjusted TD so that it rests with more of a rotation to better show the controls panel.

Full Right

NJGKexC.jpg

VPPtP2l.jpg

Full Left

TVE9kOs.jpg

igVJe8c.jpg

Right Side Detail

9DIlrDM.jpg

Update from EI:

1.  Corrected alignment of kidney and ab plates

Left Side Detail

Osfp1sK.jpg

Abdomen Detail

Original for EI 

WqsmH51.jpg

Updated for Centurion

ZWXELkr.jpg

Update from EI:

1.  Reduced size of ab button strip and made corners rigid instead of rounded.

Interior Strapping

3hjnnvQ.jpg

FpgCbO3.jpg

Shoulder Straps

6O8WsNu.jpg

Ys0sy8m.jpg

Cod Piece

2mfm9vZ.jpg

Sniper Knee

QKGIejt.jpg

ZTOjv6n.jpg

tgGIn2s.jpg

Thigh Ammo belt

NVZNHwa.jpg

oXfYxsP.jpg

Ammo belt

gIR7iQR.jpg

Hgg5tqb.jpg

IiUT9ch.jpg

urz7Wtu.jpg

Thermal detonator

xWD4chK.jpg

Gloves

9vQs3Ui.jpg

Neckseal

PRyaLGh.jpg

Blaster left side

78wDoPL.jpg

Blaster right side

0j5P69D.jpg

Blaster D Ring

VbLw2Qk.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

WeaQIQM.jpg

Sides

nWXf6aY.jpg

c2G7Lr7.jpg

Update from EI:

1.  Trimmed brow strip ends per recommendation

Back

cW0Avob.jpg

Hovi tip detail

SfFHbGH.jpg

Lens color (Backlit if necessary)

JeLrMar.jpg

HIZEmqg.jpg

Action Shot

DiiQOc6.jpg

Edited by Cardena5
Added EIB link

Nice work trooper, a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here:

Just watch the positioning between your armor pieces, you can see you have a different gap at the wrists, you may want to twist your feet inwards too so your coverstrips align with the thighs

wSsDOYE.jpg&key=0e27914efc96fcd9a483b636

Could you also post a photo of your TD, the clips and screws, also check the gap between the end caps and panel, looks a little narrow, should be @ 1/2" 

xWD4chK.jpg&key=7005120990ab10e6bad7d3fa

TD%2520measurements.jpg&key=14576a89d060

Looks like you may have some weathering on your handle/grip, these where plastic (as are the T-tracks) so would not be weathered

0j5P69D.jpg&key=a1220f92754eb9f6c369619d

You could add some more white to the rims of you hovi tips. Vocoder paint is a little wide on the lower sides

SfFHbGH.jpg&key=e2701db4c5fd5339deffec29

rmMCj1s.jpg?1&key=bce89d1d10504c36fd3077

The black lines around your ears bumps are a little angular on the corners

nWXf6aY.jpg

7T1e1J0.jpg?1&key=2f4be78818528b86897524

On the back your shoulder straps appear to be a different heights. 

og2Jiuo.jpg

You do have a small gap between the kidney and butt plate and there is some white showing in the gap, I think it's velcro, perhaps try some black ;) 

9DIlrDM.jpg&key=12eafb042d3ab7df1cc3ca58

Could you also post a close up of your side ab/kidney rivets

Good luck with your application

NICE JOB on those updates, Alex!  Glen has a few points to think seriously about, and I will echo him on those... at Level 3 it's all about the details, brother.  One thing I noted is that your drop boxes are wandering inward a bit.  A few dabs of E-6000 behind the rear of the straps (once they are in the correct position) will eliminate this.

YjwPGgy.jpg   AgJN9S7.jpg

58 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

NICE JOB on those updates, Alex!  Glen has a few points to think seriously about, and I will echo him on those... at Level 3 it's all about the details, brother.  One thing I noted is that your drop boxes are wandering inward a bit.  A few dabs of E-6000 behind the rear of the straps (once they are in the correct position) will eliminate this.

YjwPGgy.jpg   AgJN9S7.jpg

Thanks for the quick feedback guys and I'll get with my Dad as soon as we can to work on the adjustments.  A couple of comments/questions in the meantime:

1. Regarding the spacing, apologies on the wrist/forearm, that was just a suiting issue as I had to take off and put my right glove on before we got to taking the pics and I did that one myself instead of with my Dad helping get the glove properly under the forearm.  As for my legs, apologies from my DNA LOL.  My legs and feet naturally point outward so only so much I can do there.

2. I'll work on getting the additional TD pics.

3. Regarding the E11 weathering, this is a rubber Hyperfirm blaster and is as it was purchased.  Do I need to paint the handle/grip?  My Dad was wondering if this was a new requirement as he has the same blaster and was Centurion approved (about 2 years ago).

4. I'll work on the helmet adjustments you noted.

5. Looks like when I was making the glove adjustment before the pics one of the shoulder straps shifted on me (the elastic strip sometimes tends to slip).  Just a suit up issue I'll make sure is addressed

6. Another suit up issue, but good point about switching out to black velcro.  Seems that the strip on that side loosened up and my Dad didn't catch it when taking the pictures (you can see the setup on the interior armor pics).

7.  I'll work on gluing the box straps.

6 hours ago, Cardena5 said:

Thanks for the quick feedback guys and I'll get with my Dad as soon as we can to work on the adjustments.  A couple of comments/questions in the meantime:

3. Regarding the E11 weathering, this is a rubber Hyperfirm blaster and is as it was purchased.  Do I need to paint the handle/grip?  My Dad was wondering if this was a new requirement as he has the same blaster and was Centurion approved (about 2 years ago).

Not a requirement just more eagle eyes, it is just more screen accurate to have no weathering on the handle/grip and T-tracks, it may be added as a suggestion by the DO's.

Remember my comments are suggestions and the only ones to worry about are those that come from the Deployment Officers, like adding your EIB app link ;) 

Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback.  I went ahead and worked on everything today and got suited up for a second round of pictures and updates (noted accordingly below).  Rather than replace the entire first post, I’ll just put everything here again in one place in this followup post.

Personal Information

Name: Alex Cardenas

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 185 lbs.

FISD Name: Cardena5

Legion ID#: 55105

Profile Page: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31330

Garrison: Florida Garrison / Everglades Squad

Build Information

Armor Maker: AP (Authentic Props)

Helmet Maker: AP (Authentic Props)

Blaster Type: E-11 Hyperfirm

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: AP

Hand Plates: Silicone plates from JustJoseph63

Electronics: Aker 50W Amp, TrooperTalk

Neck Seal: Darman's Props

Holster: AP

EI Submission

Centurion Submission Photos

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

RNyjJoX.jpg

de5TKt5.jpg

Updates from EI:

1. Shortened shoulder bell straps to pull shoulders in closer to chest.
  2. Raised belt slightly higher to match screen references

Full Body Back

ouWxN9T.jpg

Full Right

M0TgXyy.jpg

vNLc2QU.jpg

Full Left

YY6KZHu.jpg

lrGoFnj.jpg

Right Side Detail

wbXQ2M7.jpg

Update from EI:

1.  Corrected alignment of kidney and ab plates

Left Side Detail

KZ9jRGX.jpg

Rivet Detail

pGxMach.jpg

Abdomen Detail

ZWXELkr.jpg

Update from EI:

1.  Reduced size of ab button strip and made corners rigid instead of rounded.

Interior Strapping

3hjnnvQ.jpg

FpgCbO3.jpg

Shoulder Straps

6O8WsNu.jpg

Ys0sy8m.jpg

Cod Piece

2mfm9vZ.jpg

Sniper Knee

QKGIejt.jpg

ZTOjv6n.jpg

tgGIn2s.jpg

Thigh Ammo belt

NVZNHwa.jpg

oXfYxsP.jpg

Ammo belt

rJpsbOJ.jpg

JWnpOvZ.jpg

rMQFtHM.jpg

4GGVsCn.jpg

Y8WwpZI.jpg

uTjho14.jpg

Update from Centurion Round 1:

1. Made adjustments to further align the boxes with the edge of the belt.

Thermal detonator

siGcseG.jpg

GLY6Tep.jpg

bo0zF6f.jpg

1.  Originally, in lieu of disassembling my original TD to cut down the control panel and/or remove and reinstall the clips, I instead submitted for Centurion with a spare TD unit we had that was more in line with Centurion requirements regarding the control panel positioning.  Unfortunately, the 1/2” gaps and the screws were not Centurion approvable on this spare TD.  So I have switched back to my original TD after I was able to safely remove the control panel, trim it, and reinstall it so that the control panel was more visible as required.

Gloves

9vQs3Ui.jpg

Neckseal

PRyaLGh.jpg

Blaster left side

u0w0JfJ.jpg

1. Reduced weathering on handle/grip

Blaster right side

k5gyrNN.jpg

Blaster D Ring

VbLw2Qk.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

WeaQIQM.jpg

Sides

3eGI3pF.jpg

bL42CgI.jpg

Update from EI:

1. Trimmed brow strip ends per recommendation

1.   Rounded out Ear Detail edges

Back

cW0Avob.jpg

Hovi tip detail

MH873bp.jpg

1.   Narrowed bottom of Vocoder and added more white to Hovi tips

Lens color (Backlit if necessary)

JeLrMar.jpg

HIZEmqg.jpg

S Trim Detail

vtG6HRV.jpg

Action Shot

4dgeyNc.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Alex, before I can continue with your review, an easy and quick fix to your mobility cuts is needed:

:salute:.  Not all troopers seen in the film(s) had them, but those that did had more of a rounded finish.  An easy fix with a sand paper or  Dremel tool, but be careful not to go below the bottom of the raised ridge.

Reference Images 

VgIvgM0.jpg       o0o64ab.jpg?1   tVqJsrl.jpg?1

Cheers  

20 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Alex, before I can continue with your review, an easy and quick fix to your mobility cuts is needed:

:salute:.  Not all troopers seen in the film(s) had them, but those that did had more of a rounded finish.  An easy fix with a sand paper or  Dremel tool, but be careful not to go below the bottom of the raised ridge.

Reference Images 

VgIvgM0.jpg       o0o64ab.jpg?1   tVqJsrl.jpg?1

Cheers  

Hi Mario - please see the attached picture of the updated mobility cuts on my thighs.  Please let me know if there are any further adjustments needed.  Thank you!

p3NFKKN.jpg

2 hours ago, Cardena5 said:

Hi Mario - please see the attached picture of the updated mobility cuts on my thighs.  Please let me know if there are any further adjustments needed.  Thank you!

The right one is perfect Alex, the left one needs a bit trimming and you're golden sir. 

fzu4mW5.jpg

Hi Mario - OK, I had my Dad help a bit with the left thigh as I didn't want to risk a Dremel in a shaky hand given how close I needed to get to the center edge.  Please let me know if this is OK.

4ERZnOK.jpg

Below are the additional pictures.

1. Wrist edges. This one took a few attempts during EI and we shaved it down as far as we could; hoping it's still OK for Centurion.

f6lfcQt.jpg

m1Tvh3z.jpg

2. Boots from TK Boots

u2cy2Uo.jpg

T6uMfKC.jpg

Hi Alex, and thank you for your Centurion  application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Centurion.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Looking in detail to your armor we found that there are some areas that you can improve to look your best at Centurion Level.

You can reshape the paint on your vocoder a bit to bring it closer to the screen used ones .

Reference Images 

MvWOPOj.jpg?1                              xSY3FDW.jpg?3          ebxjEWJ.jpg?1 

As it was suggested by fellow troopers , your left shoulder bridge is at different height of the right one, one possible solution could be a hot water bath to bend it down to stay at same level.

czqtsUH.jpg?1       ZxO1vk7.jpg?1                OI0TAZQ.jpg?1

Reference Images 

gqtHZ4o.jpg               OOil2iE.jpg?1

In your first set of photos , your TD control panel is correctly aligned  while in the second set, you have used the one from your EIB submission and  it has better gaps between the end caps but not as rotated or lowered as the first one. You can see the difference. We suggest to make the changes to match the references not only the control panel but lowering the TD  to the Canvas belt level as the references.

First set   of photos                                    Second set   of photos                                                  Reference Images

SnHO5xV.jpg?2    uhhm7Co.jpg?2   MCK1isa.jpg?1      WRby3QT.jpg?1

It seems that your thighs could be adjusted a bit in the area going towards the knees so they seems less wide there.

pd1oD2m.jpg?1       AcToI6N.jpg?1

Reference Images 

Kb2sujF.jpg?1

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-55105 requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion status [AP] (486)
  • 2 weeks later...