New dude with a question about 3D Models

Luke F.

Hello! I've been watching this forum for years now looking at different people's builds, but haven't made an account until today. 

Off and on for the past 7 months, I've been teaching myself 3D modeling. Starting with little things (like wargaming piece modifications) and gradually moving my way up. That being said, I'm not one who is able to easily and quickly create things 100% from scratch just yet. So something I started doing was using old low-poly video game models and turn them into something actually nice to look at. 

I plan on continuing this process for different helmets throughout star wars games. Would I be able to upload pictures and links to the 3D models on this thread so other people can use them even if they are for costumes not yet approved by the 501st? Will this be ok or does the armor stuff on here have to be 100% good stuff?

The models will be 100% free and stored on thingiverse when I make an account there, so I'm not trying to advertise or make a profit on anything. This is just a hobby of mine during my days where I'm not busy with life or college.  

Thanks for reading and sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I don't step into dark territory!

• Like 2

Hello and welcome (finally) ;) 

We do have a 3D section just for sharing models, you can find it here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/201-3d-parts-and-technical/ Files can be specifically posted here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/202-3d-file-depository/

Many thanks for your kind offer to share files, don't see this very often these days, most seem to want to case in on the 3D designing, hat's off to you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luke F. said:

Hello! I've been watching this forum for years now looking at different people's builds, but haven't made an account until today. 

Off and on for the past 7 months, I've been teaching myself 3D modeling. Starting with little things (like wargaming piece modifications) and gradually moving my way up. That being said, I'm not one who is able to easily and quickly create things 100% from scratch just yet. So something I started doing was using old low-poly video game models and turn them into something actually nice to look at. 

I plan on continuing this process for different helmets throughout star wars games. Would I be able to upload pictures and links to the 3D models on this thread so other people can use them even if they are for costumes not yet approved by the 501st? Will this be ok or does the armor stuff on here have to be 100% good stuff?

The models will be 100% free and stored on thingiverse when I make an account there, so I'm not trying to advertise or make a profit on anything. This is just a hobby of mine during my days where I'm not busy with life or college.  

Thanks for reading and sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I don't step into dark territory!

Very kind gesture Luke, you are already showing signs of our unofficial motto of "Troopers helping troopers", and that will be greatly appreciated.

You've got the links to our special 3D section, there are a few stipulations we require for you to add to your posts about sharing files etc so have a read of those, take a good look around and welcome to FISD!

• Like 1

Just had a quick look and downloaded fine, we did have someone working on a version of it which you can find here if you are interested in having a look

• Like 1

You will get there Luke it’s a skill developed over time and you are already pretty darn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk