Need Tips on FOTK TLJ Belt construction and 3D Print Armor scratch/paint repair

Kristinamega

My kit is from Armory Shop Props and it is 3D printed. The ankle bell was cracked so I had to sand and buff out the damage but I need help on what ways I can make it look smooth. I do need to order automobile paint (Toyota 040 White). This kit chips A LOT and when it does, it chips blue.

Also, I have the belt parts, any help on how to assemble it and which tools I need to put it together. 

While I am at it LOL Shoulder bells! Any help would be great!

Images are always helpful, with 3D printed parts I find flexing them too much will weaken them and they eventually crack, I use Gorilla super glue with a kicker spray which sets it rock hard. You could add some strength from behind, either glue a piece of plastic behind or add fiberglass matt and resin.

Belt assembly

12111965_10205845626835209_3206697625373592789_n.jpg.363e472e22e7986da7f9cb8bd3fb53ad.jpg

Also Tony's @ukswrath FOTK build which is very well documented

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Images are always helpful, with 3D printed parts I find flexing them too much will weaken them and they eventually crack, I use Gorilla super glue with a kicker spray which sets it rock hard. You could add some strength from behind, either glue a piece of plastic behind or add fiberglass matt and resin.

Also Tony's @ukswrath FOTK build which is very well documented

I have a couple 3D printed kits, resin reinforcement worked well for me also. On another note it's hard to believe it's been 5 years since I built that kit. Glad to see it still helping the community.  THT

• Like 1