Convert or Sell

Eagle

Well I've encountered a good problem, I lost around 45 pounds these past few months, I'm still on the war path. But my TK no longer fits me, in a good way. I threw my armor up for sale, but im second guessing myself. It has a lot of value to me since it was my first build. So I want to see what yall think, sell and buy a new kit or trim and fix up? In order to get the armor to fit me correctly I had to get rid of almost all the return edge, which I quite like the look of. Thanks in advance! 

50/50, with a new build you can fit to your now shape, also update anything you had issues with on your original armor. Or modify your old armor, you know how it fitted and what would would be needed to reduce the size.

Personally I think I'd go for a new build, "if I only knew back then what I do know" ;) 

• Like 1

If you can post up some photos of the areas where you need to alter it we may be able to help, especially if you used E-6000 for the joins.  Trimming can be pretty straightforward... shimming is a whole different animal.

11 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

If you can post up some photos of the areas where you need to alter it we may be able to help, especially if you used E-6000 for the joins.  Trimming can be pretty straightforward... shimming is a whole different animal.

I actually haven't worn it in a few months, its back at home. Ill probably evaluate it in December. Is it possible to create new return edges? 

Well in my opinion a big factor is money. If you have the money to buy another set then i would seriously consider it.  But I have no doubt that you would be able to make your current set work if you needed to. Maybe test the waters and try and sell first. 

I would agree on the money side of things totally. If you have the time to modify and make it better than before then there is loads and of pride that goes along with that as well.
If you can afford a brand new kit, well that is also very satisfying and the smell of fresh ABS lol.
Which ever way you choose to go it’s going to be fun and at the end of it, very satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk