TKC -69901 Pre EIB Photos and Update

Ruck

I used the photos you provided and eyeballed it.  It actually is coming along pretty good.   I made new brackets and moved the screws up towards the ends like you suggested and I’m working with the panel on the TD and I’m almost finished with that.  Had to go to the hardware store to pick up the aluminum stock for the brackets and I kinda made my way around the store just looking at stuff in case I could use something, that took up a few hrs.  But I managed to get a little work done. 

pPQM18T.jpg13vPIAI.jpg

FKyakyU.jpg

2q4iVyK.jpg
OhLmymH.jpg

painted the screws black 

BelflEw.jpg
Nr7cBl5.jpg

Looks good, your clip material is a little thick but I don't know if the DO's will pick on that.

gallery_12157_51_33451.jpg

Yea I realized that it was a little thick but that’s all the hardware store had.  It was exactly the width I needed all I had to do is cut it to length shape it and drill the holes.  If it’s a real issue I can always fill the holes in the old clips with JB weld and drill new ones, but these really came out nice I’m really happy with the way they look.  

Edited by Ruck
  • Like 1

It doesn't look like your silicon guards are completely stuck to the rubber gloves, they should really conform to your hand once worn. You may pass L2 but I definitely think it would be picked up at L3

imageproxy.jpg.5f1a0ceda0fa60eb9214469d512040a7.jpg

18uluFD.jpg?1&key=b38e130381bd5ef4ac6516xIF87bF.jpg?1&key=203afb3c369e1539424949zj1U6T0.jpg?1&key=bc186f3b919494af2356f0

What kind of glue would you suggest?  I’ve tried super glue but it doesn’t stick to the silicon and rubber gloves very well.  

Edited by Ruck

3 minutes ago, Ruck said:

What kind of glue would you suggest?  I’ve tried super glue but it doesn’t stick to the silicon abs rubber.  

Depends on the silicon, sometimes I use E6000 or superglue but last time I use a black silicon and that worked best, make sure you rough up the guards and gloves a little with some sandpaper first, will help with adhesion. 

4 minutes ago, Ruck said:

Ok cool,  I’ll look for black silicon glue, how long does that take to set up? 

Normally 24 hours, well that's the one I use anyway, I would think most would be the same 

I also find using a piece of cardboard inside helps hold out the glove so the handplate can sit flat on the glove, then use a book or other heavy item to hold down.

I’ve been working on my ammo belt and thigh.  I have to paint the blue yet but how does it look so far?  I did my best to line up the ammo belt so it’s straight like in the photos you sent but for some reason mine sits a little high in front.  Is that gonna be an issue?  The bottom of the ammo belt fits right against the mold of the thigh.  And I made sure it’s straight the blue side seems ok but the white side sits a little high but if you look it’s perfectly straight.  I also added the battle worn look to the white.  

o0r6MF6.jpg

vlS5fHj.jpglCRjEVZ.jpg
BD1MTTc.jpg

SX8BJnZ.jpg

MdUDBQz.jpg
822UtZ5.jpg

Edited by Ruck

Looks good, the front should cover all the thigh lower ridge going on references BUT some armor just won't allow that due to the shape of them so don't stress about that ;) 

gallery_14191_34_133188.png

Oh cool,  yes I tried to bring it down but due to the shape of the leg it won’t be straight it’ll dip down in the front to cover the bottom edge.  I went off of  the link you sent for Mario Puyo centurion submission photos and I tried to copy his as close as I could.  
0lM3Q89.jpg

yNtm1JS.jpg
mFlPW9b.jpgSsECWko.jpg

42 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Normally 24 hours, well that's the one I use anyway, I would think most would be the same 

Do you have a photo of the silicon you use?  If you seem to have luck with it so it wouldn’t hurt using the same 

1 hour ago, Ruck said:

Do you have a photo of the silicon you use?  If you seem to have luck with it so it wouldn’t hurt using the same 

I'm down under so I doubt it would be the same, it's just general hardware black silicon, nothing special ;)

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work it came out great

Thank you Q!  I got some auto epoxy and glued my silicon hand guards on also, waiting for it to dry but it says it only takes a min.  Lol!  I figured I’d use a pipe that way it would already have a curve to it, we’ll see how it turns out. 

0tVf3au.jpg

vAqH221.jpg 

mkelCil.jpg

Edited by Ruck

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

Hopefully the glue will have some give when bending

Well I talked with a guy from the hardware store and he suggested that, I was afraid the silicon wouldn’t hold.  He said this has some flex to it.  

• Like 1