501st ID: TX / TKC 69901

Garrison: Northern Darkness

Armor info:

Armor : RS PROPS

Helmet : RS PROPS ( S neck trim )

Boots: RS PROPS

Neck seal: RS PROPS

Under-suit: RS PROPS

Gloves / hand guards: RS PROPS ( rubber gloves / silicon hand guards ) 

Canvas belt: RS PROPS

All seams: Over lap ( no cover strip )

Y6DBBEq.jpgFFRQ7Ms.jpg010gHib.jpg0mZUsuX.jpgzY5M8hb.jpgWeHtH2z.jpgT2WqlYI.jpgESy4mpn.jpgDMUKJ0A.jpgGAO3Ia4.jpgN5oMwc9.jpgGAtNVPR.jpg
nAL7KBf.jpgCHpSzZP.jpgV5XyR3P.jpg3u4cVTv.jpgEReGAnx.jpgQ1nCQES.jpgA6rQvm2.jpgOhWrRxL.jpgfSeoeI3.jpgAewGfer.jpg65aNsq6.jpg7B9IAUC.jpg

• Like 1

Nove work trooper, a few suggestions before the DO's get here. I did notice your drop boxes are not aligned with the end of the plastic belt. The drop boxes are either grey or white and dangle from the sides of the plastic front belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned with the end of the ammo belt

Also the elastic straps of your drop box is sticking outside the plastic belt section. Also  square buttons are positioned close to the end of the belt

1704655822_Screenshot_20201117-155323_SamsungInternet.jpg.df97d41759da09780592cee8395a3e5c.jpg

Area behind your smaller ab plate at the top stands out a lot

Screenshot_20201117-154933_Imgur.thumb.jpg.d9bc8d66953aef16621a6b068cbd755e.jpg

Shin closures should the outside over inside so the opening is not seen from the sides, your left is the wrong way around

188991942_Screenshot_20201117-155911_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9bdb351f7c7a4d4dd81dc575429b9aeb.jpg

Gloves are incorrect 

• Gloves shall be rubber or rubber like chemical gloves in black

629310378_Screenshot_20201117-184835_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.36b5019c0b01b6113132eef4bc6dcda4.jpg

A few other images will no doubt be requested:

Both sides of the thighs ammo strip

Close up front and both sides sniper plate

Both sides of blaster and D ring

Both sides of your ab/kidney

Close up of belt

Close of the detonator, front and clips

Good luck with approval 

Correct gloves are pictured above with silicon hand guards.  The pics taken outside were a test fitting with other gloves.  I’ll add these here to show.  
GbWoCwa.jpg

9EGh9Iq.jpg

nplqXkh.jpg

For the belt and drop boxes could you provide photo example?  Not sure what you mean.   I went exactly by the reference photo in the CRL.  Also in the photo it shows the buttons you stated that need to be moved over are exactly where I have them.  I’m not arguing and I’ll gladly make the changes but photos should be updated to show exactly what is expected especially since what is expected is strict.  Sometime the description is confusing without a reference photo to look at.   Again I’m not complaining or arguing I’m just making a suggestion to help us troopers that understand photos better than written guidelines.  I also tried to look up other submission photos for the TKC and had a very hard time finding them.  

EgZ74YS.jpg

Repositioned drop boxes and moved the buttons out towards the ends.  Also there are the 8 rivets 4 on each side just in case you couldn’t see them very well.  White on white is hard to see.  On the close up of the drop boxes you can see the rivets I tried to do a one and done photo showing all the revisions, the rivets, the repositioned drop boxes and buttons.  

HSLdbWo.jpg

aHFd1k5.jpg

qsmb7gG.jpg

My ab and crotch is one big piece, no seam.  Do you mean where my belt lines up?  I can adjust the belt up and retake the photo, but again, kind of a vague suggestion as to what you mean.  In this photo the belt and ab is in the proper location and lays flat.  
jACp4dw.jpg

For the shins it does not state the closer needs to face inside, except if it’s AM armor then it reads “ the AM greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with with a new cover strip.  The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.  Note:  There is a manufacturer defect with the AM greaves (shins) that may cause you to wear them improperly.  Please see the tutorial titled : “AM armor shins: the proper way to assemble and wear”. on the whitearmor.net.”  I checked and rechecked the wording, if you require the seams to face inside then it should be clearly written that ALL shin seams face inward, over lap seam, and cover strip seam.  I understand it looks better and  I am remaking my left shin to correct that as we speak but again it’s not written in the CRL that way.  
Tx6HnRD.jpg

VshA4x0.jpg

BX8Fzor.jpg

i27oqII.jpg

pUqPb3c.jpg

2bsO7t0.jpg
YDCKoNG.jpg

zmVLfE1.jpg
gXwZqef.jpg

qchnWKl.jpg

hIJiHHj.jpg

mAmApMZ.jpg

FQl8iSt.jpgGlVoHyS.jpg

Please understand I am in no way trying to come off like a jerk I want to fully understand what I need to fix but I’m the type of person that understands it better if I have photos to reference along with the written description.   Some of the CRL the way it’s written is confusing.  And the TKC is not the same as a TK so I had to do some digging to make sure I built it correctly.  Mostly I followed the CRL pictures at least what I could see.  Also I had a question on the Centurion level.  On the ammo belt that goes on the right thigh it says the ammo belt is on the top of the lower ridge has square corners and glued in place no rivets.  Do you have any reference photos that I could see?  I want to make sure I understand what is being asked.  Also the rivet positions on the kidney plate and ab plate.  I’m a little confused as what it should look like, it’s asking for a total of 4 rivets 2 on each side.  Is that on both the left and right side or just the right?  And what are the positions.  I know I sound ignorant asking these questions but like I said it makes more sense for me to see what’s being asked rather than just reading g about it.  

Edited by Ruck
Add photos

Hi Scott, Glad to see another TK Commander aiming for high levels .

I have added your app to the processing line, one of us will be with you shortly, meanwhile, you may want to check the following TK Commander Centurion App , (That we hope you go for the highest level too), to have and idea of common issues. 

:salute:

• Like 1

Correct gloves are pictured above with silicon hand guards.  The pics taken outside were a test fitting with other gloves.  I’ll add these here to show.

Correct gloves should be worn in your approval photos

Repositioned drop boxes moved the buttons further towards edge.

Should align with the end of the plastic belt

imageproxy.jpg.e44c9a858dc7bb214815886f48df243c.jpg1427931612_imageproxy(1).jpg.7d76975b7323bfa18ee16f1ca21af140.jpggallery_14191_34_65911.png.d7de0b44886e8559caa45b04550cdb19.png

The drop box elastic is outside the plastic belt shown here

507004491_imageproxy(2).jpg.2b6dae21fbc5fedca04f042d6f304dc2.jpg

Square buttons should be closer to the end of the belt square buttons positioned close to the end of the belt

417516714_imageproxy(4).jpg.ed9d43e047c027adc6cb69c036d4189b.jpg

For the shins it does not state the closer needs to face inside, except if it’s AM armor then it reads “ the AM greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with with a new cover strip.  The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.  Note:  There is a manufacturer defect with the AM greaves (shins) that may cause you to wear them improperly.  Please see the tutorial titled : “AM armor shins: the proper way to assemble and wear”. on the whitearmor.net.”  I checked and rechecked the wording, if you require the seams to face inside then it should be clearly written that ALL shin seams face inward, over lap seam, and cover strip seam.  I understand it looks better and  I am remaking my left shin to correct that as we speak but again it’s not written in the CRL that way.  

Not everything is worded in the CRL, there is still some research to be done when building 

• This document is not intended to be a detailed how-to on costume construction; rather a visual guide to be used for 501st costume approval. Details on construction may be found on the respective costume detachment web forum.

Closes outside over inside

shin.png.e0fa914fae079f92139b831fa1f108d9.png

Detonator screws need to be black and should be closer to the end of the brackets

pUqPb3c.jpg&key=b1bf0465056c4d69f10bc445

TD%2520measurements.jpg&key=14576a89d060

You could trim the inner curve of the sniper plate, you also have a large gap under the middle

GlVoHyS.jpg&key=45128a1562fc8fd790387906

1576920460_imageproxy(3).jpg.de00436d9200c69b8a968abfdc4b699d.jpg

gallery_14191_34_13417.thumb.png.22ada2e65443573219d49ae2d6b8479c.png

Please understand I am in no way trying to come off like a jerk I want to fully understand what I need to fix but I’m the type of person that understands it better if I have photos to reference along with the written description.   Some of the CRL the way it’s written is confusing.  And the TKC is not the same as a TK so I had to do some digging to make sure I built it correctly.  Mostly I followed the CRL pictures at least what I could see.  Also I had a question on the Centurion level.  On the ammo belt that goes on the right thigh it says the ammo belt is on the top of the lower ridge has square corners and glued in place no rivets.  Do you have any reference photos that I could see?  I want to make sure I understand what is being asked.  Also the rivet positions on the kidney plate and ab plate.  I’m a little confused as what it should look like, it’s asking for a total of 4 rivets 2 on each side.  Is that on both the left and right side or just the right?  And what are the positions.  I know I sound ignorant asking these questions but like I said it makes more sense for me to see what’s being asked rather than just reading g about it.  

There is a whole gallery section for the TKC full of references you can find here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/15-tk-commander-reference/

Thigh ammo strip for L3

gallery_14191_34_67116.thumb.png.d399aed2ebfb12d97dfff4747b596438.png

Also need side rivet photo

444512690_gallery_14191_34_67116(1).png.82642eb42aa69d1d2b9dee3efbf669c4.png

• Like 1

Oh thank you for those photos that makes way more sense to me being able to see what you’re talking about ok!  I am working on the readjustments now.  Thank you again for all yours help!

• Like 1

Also you mention Centurion L3, if you are aiming for that level you will need a different TD

Either game style or ROTJ

• The thermal detonator control panel has correct ROTJ details, or the "game style" version.
  • The ANH/ESB style is not allowed.

4pgFBCH.jpg&key=999334c921f12e07dec59dc9 800px-TK_rotj_detonator.png

I fixed the rear closer now it faces the inner leg.  Is this better on the sniper plate?  I’m having a terrible time getting it to lay perfectly flat.  As much as move it around and adjust the position and I push and bend it,  it still has a small gap in the front.  Any suggestions? I also trimmed up the edges like you pointed out.   I’m afraid that this is the best I’ll get, if this holds me up then I’ll just move along cause that’s the closest I’m gonna get.  I’m posting all the adjustments here as I make them then I’ll put on the kit and retake the photos. 
MNp1vof.jpg

kt9QWUW.jpg

GFndDy7.jpg

t89HEGJ.jpg

tJvhW87.jpg

t89HEGJ.jpg

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Also you mention Centurion L3, if you are aiming for that level you will need a different TD

• The thermal detonator control panel has correct ROTJ details, or the "game style" version.

Yea I was looking at that.  

• Like 1

Looks better, ideally you want to follow the angle of the shin behind but I think that is as close as you are going to get now the front is aligned better.

imageproxy.jpg.70c8f620cb1d08b8741f65f964ffd408.jpg

Also note the feedback I have given are suggestions, it is ultimately the DO's (deployment officer) who make the final decisions ;) 

26 minutes ago, Ruck said:

I found it easier and less costly to find a piece of pipe slightly larger than the TD tube, cut to size, remove old TD panel then glue new panel on. Here it is in my TFU thread with the TD images

8 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks better, ideally you want to follow the angle of the shin behind but I think that is as close as you are going to get now the front is aligned better.

imageproxy.jpg.70c8f620cb1d08b8741f65f964ffd408.jpg

Also note the feedback I have given are suggestions, it is ultimately the DO's (deployment officer) who make the final decisions ;) 

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me, I really didn’t mean to come off as a jerk before, I was just confused with some of the things that were being asked for.  You did a very good job clearing them up I do really appreciate your time.  I don’t know if you saw but I fixed the closure in the back, that had bothered me for awhile but I never took the time to fix it.  I’m home now till next February I’m having wrist surgery so I have plenty of time to start tweaking my armor and getting it where I want it to be.  I just finished rewiring my fans and I added a wireless mic, I’m sure you saw the inside of my bucket lol.  I’m a little obsessed with pimping the inside of my buckets lol 

Edited by Ruck
Fixed spelling error
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I found it easier and less costly to find a piece of pipe slightly larger than the TD tube, cut to size, remove old TD panel then glue new panel on. Here it is in my TFU thread with the TD images

Oh cool thank you!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ruck said:

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me, I really didn’t mean to come off as a jerk before, I was just confused with some of the things that were being asked for.  You did a very good job clearing them up I do really appreciate your time.  I don’t know if you saw but I fixed the closure in the back, that had bothered me for awhile but I never took the time to fix it.  I’m home now till next February I’m having wrist surgery so I have plenty of time to start tweaking my armor and getting it where I want it to be.  I just finished rewiring my fans and I added a wireless mic, I’m sure you saw the inside of my bucket lol.  I’m a little obsessed with pimping the inside of my buckets lol 

Not at all mate, I was on phone last night so had limited editing facilities, I'm normally on computer and do add references when I can.

Good luck with the wrist surgery, I'm still getting over two hand surgeries myself and theirs noting worse than using the use of your hands when you want to build ;) 

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Not at all mate, I was on phone last night so had limited editing facilities, I'm normally on computer and do add references when I can.

Good luck with the wrist surgery, I'm still getting over two hand surgeries myself and theirs noting worse than using the use of your hands when you want to build ;) 

Oh man!!!  Yea I understand, I am self isolating before my surgery so I have a lot of time on my hands.  I decided to go for my upgrades, I’ve been wanting to do it but just never made the time now time is all I have so I might as well make good use of it.  Thank you for your build thread that is awesome!  I love what you did with you 5 button panel, I never thought of doing it that way.  I cut out plastic and just made a box under the panel it looks good but it catches my chest plate causing it to not come down where it normally will sit.  Is that what you were referring to?  I didn’t h see stand what you mean about my ab. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ruck said:

I love what you did with you 5 button panel, I never thought of doing it that way.  I cut out plastic and just made a box under the panel it looks good but it catches my chest plate causing it to not come down where it normally will sit.  Is that what you were referring to?  I didn’t h see stand what you mean about my ab. 

Sorry yes, forgot to reference that, you can see it's that the box section stands out a bit from the side view, but it's not really noticeable from the front so you may be ok

front.jpg.a0f61202f59bb661f7a317f85f90c558.jpg   2083075228_imageproxy(2).jpg.3ca3f900f4d3e5ee98363496f9bf6eb3.jpg

Yea it blends better in person than in a photo but I might just try what you did I like that.  How did you get the taper right?  It looks like it’s part of the abs.

I used a piece of would and pulled a piece of ABS heated over it, ended up with a nice shape very close the the original shape on the ab, then used a dremel with a drum sander to get the same shape underneath as the ab, a little fine tuning with sandpaper, also added a little ABS paste and sanded, took a while but I was happy with the end result

19 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

4 hours ago, Ruck said:

Glen, what are the dimensions of this piece?

pw0L4uu.jpg

I'm not home at the moment, I just went off screen reference and guesstimated;) 

1889168436_Detonatorreference.png.697c5e0f7faf4ac44bbc455699aeabf8.png

4 hours ago, Ruck said:

Glen, what are the dimensions of this piece?

Forgot to mention I used the base ANH sizing for the tube and caps but went a little narrower on the center plate compared to the ANH because the screen references show a narrower gap. 

TD%2520measurements.jpg&key=14576a89d060

3 minutes ago, Ruck said:

Ok cool I just wanted to make sure I had the right size.  So it’s more of a rough estimate as long as it’s close to the photo?  

Correct, there are no actual measurements for the game panel, if you wanted to you enlarge the image on computer to the width of a ANH TD then measure the plate but I don't think the DO's will be that picky ;) 

Here's a better image

large.Back1.png.e87d32baeb54d4b75b3b3429