TK-20112 Requesting ANH (Stunt) Centurion Status (RT-MOD) (491)

Silverback73

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

Any updates, Josh?  I'm looking forward to seeing the new pics!

Hello brother!
I got the canvas belt and plastic pieces Saturday and haven’t had any time to hop to it. I do plan on seeing what I can get done this afternoon. Trying to determine where I can cut and what the best way to attack the issues is. 

Just now, Silverback73 said:

Hello brother!
I got the canvas belt and plastic pieces Saturday and haven’t had any time to hop to it. I do plan on seeing what I can get done this afternoon. Trying to determine where I can cut and what the best way to attack the issues is. 

B8762F15-A8C8-4D4B-98A6-F55DAFA28A6B.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silverback73 said:

Hello brother!

Take your time, look at the reference pics and post up photos if you have any questions (before cutting or attaching anything).  ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Take your time, look at the reference pics and post up photos if you have any questions (before cutting or attaching anything).  ;)

I dove into it this afternoon and got some good progress in. Ammo belt needs a light sanding with high grit to smoothen it out on the inside. Ab button plates are cut and I removed the center area on the old one. Might need to take a little more off the edges of the plate, but will see what you think about it first. Will get some pics up ASAP

Thank you again!!! 

So the button plate for the small side, unfortunately, isn't going to match up and look proper. I discovered this after I got it trimmed and sanded.7rr0pQY.jpg

Not to worry as I've got an idea I hope you will appreciate?597aXRR.jpg

I thought I could recycle the one from the other side and got it cut and sanded. I will await your suggestion on it before I glue it, as I think it needs to be a little bit slimmer. Oab7O1n.jpg

I broke out the belt sander and got it to this point. Hopefully I'm close and this is an acceptable fix to my situation?

Next I need some input on the bigger ab plate before I glue it on. I will also await your input for this one so I can get it right the first attempt on reparatrions.P7IVOhg.jpgfeeaPab.jpgCpBHmob.jpg

I must admit that I thought I was gonna pop when I got out the Dremel for the next photos, but I survived it. LOL aCCjx96.jpg7u5wk9y.jpgbFdG2vk.jpg

My apologies, as the pics are a bit out of order, but I was anxious to get some progress shown in hopes of getting any direction I need at this point to move forward. 

The belt rebuild will be the next part I will be working on, but I need to do a little remembering, as well as some homework on it before I dive in. It's been about 5 years since i assembled the one that is not up to snuff. I may need to purchase some supplies if I am unable to reuse the things I have on hand in the garage. Rivets may be the only thing I'll need off the top of my head? The steel ones are preferable, over the aluminum type. 

Looking forward to your response so I may continue with forward progress. Thank you very much for your time and energy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silverback73 said:

I thought I could recycle the one from the other side and got it cut and sanded

Hi Josh, great idea.! If i can make a suggestion, before gluing, could you please post a photo of the final result and the final position?

keep on doing a great work  Trooper! :duim:

38 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Josh, great idea.! If i can make a suggestion, before gluing, could you please post a photo of the final result and the final position?

keep on doing a great work  Trooper! :duim:

Thank you for the suggestion. I do believe it is in the correct place where it should be. I put tape on the back to get it to sit in that spot. If there is anything else you can suggest, I’m all ears and would greatly appreciate it! 

12 minutes ago, Silverback73 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I do believe it is in the correct place where it should be. I put tape on the back to get it to sit in that spot. If there is anything else you can suggest, I’m all ears and would greatly appreciate it! 

ah ok, I just would add be sure let then with square corners, not rounded.

some references

wFB6j8I.jpg?1   X0BKf53.jpg?1   mDcCMxg.jpg?2

:salute:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

ah ok, I just would add be sure let then with square corners, not rounded.

some references

wFB6j8I.jpg?1   X0BKf53.jpg?1   mDcCMxg.jpg?2

:salute:

Alright brother, I spent a little time getting the button covers squared up, as you instructed.  Will use a finer grit to knock down the roughness, next. I'm feeling good with where they are but will proceed with glue, once I get your blessing. :icon_bow:

I have them taped in place for now. Thank You!!

rQ7ijye.jpg

• Like 1

Outstanding work on those, mi hermano... time for some glue!  I would suggest painting the buttons on the large plate before doing that, though.  ;)

• Like 1

Okay gents!!! I've made some progress and hit another stopping point. First the progression part:

qQSjXl4.jpg

Ab button plates have been secured in place and I believe they are now up to the standard.

Next I have been racking my brain all week long trying to recall the steps i took with the belt building process. I also had a little chat about it with my Sensai. Decided I needed a second set of hands as well and knocked out the belt for the most part. It is so much nicer than the old one now.

8ZohwYc.jpg

Now we get to the next hurdle and this is where I'll need your expert advice before I can move forward with confidence. I need to do the 45's on the ammo belt, but it looks like the 45's are going to be tiny with the small area I have to work with. I'm not quite sure how far into the belt I can go before I hit the "too much" area, and I'd like to forego ordering another one :unsure:

The canvas belt is 3 inches and the ammo belt is 3-3/8 inches. 

qXZrhQd.jpg

I dug a little bit and found the information that I had followed instructions on, for the first belt I'd made. I believe them to be outdated at this point, or perhaps for basic approval, since this was one of the areas that was needing a correction.

fiXBEyT.jpg?1

Thank you again for your time and energy in helping me look the best I can!

• Like 1

Looks like your fabric belt is a little too wide, here are a couple of references, corners are @ 10-13mm

yp9XgX5.jpg?1  GjSdCiW.jpg?1

gallery_12157_78_1066396.jpggallery_12157_78_296254.jpg

I'm sure a DO will be here shortly to confirm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year's to you all!!! I apologize for the delay with updating. Took a week off and stopped to smell the roses. I've done the 45's on the ammo belt, in hopes to comply with the suggested fixes. I believe this is the final step on my road to reparations? Here are some pictures of the completed belt rebuild.

tkawB6E.jpg  

KopxIxC.jpg

p294EF4.jpg

eCcvMTE.jpg

As always, I appreciate the time and energy you contribute, towards my application! I look forward to seeing your feedback, and await any instructions I will need to follow in hopes of obtaining the Centurion rank. Thank You!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Centurion! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of CENTURION.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Well done, brother..  We really appreciate all the extra work you put into this armor to get it to Level 3, and it has paid off!  

One area we noticed are your ab/kidney connections.  As stated in the CRL ideally there is no gap, but you are close enough in this instance.   

Only 2 more quick items:

The overlap of the shoulder bell is pretty small on the right side, making the bicep look as if may pop out at any second.  I would suggest making sure the strapping between those stays pretty tight to avoid this.  Since RS makes their left bells longer, that side covers more of the bicep so it should be no problem.

Also suggested is to rotate your bells back a bit, which would give you more even gaps on the front and back.

Reference images

yLMJpiy.jpg  uveSeCp.jpg                9RHQ3bR.jpg?1  1XKby7z.jpg?1

And that's it!  Again, welcome to the ranks, brother, and our congrats for making it into the "Original 500" Centurions!  :salute:

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-20112 Requesting ANH (Stunt) Centurion Status (RT-MOD) (491)