TK-20112 Requesting ANH (Stunt) Centurion Status (RT-MOD) (491)

Silverback73

Name: Josh "Silverback" Hopkins

TK ID: TK-20112

Forum Name: Silverback73

Garrison: Star Garrison

Armor Maker: RTMOD

Helmet Maker: RTMOD

Blaster Maker: DDay

Height/Weight: 5' 12" / 220lbs.

Boot Maker: TK Boots

Canvas belt supplier: Rob Kittell

Hand guard supplier: Sonnenschein

Neckseal maker: Veedox

Holster Maker: DarmantzmG1RT.jpgiTRcTNn.jpgmyif8QJ.jpg45lY33p.jpgLyx6o2h.jpgnIwhESI.jpgEBYloLu.jpgKZPB6vv.jpgjAKT9ab.jpguw4GEv8.jpgMnZ2w1U.jpgIkm48ba.jpgmQR5SNK.jpgQCCx7Du.jpghCcFTEu.jpge3WbYaD.jpgVUZilwT.jpgyBFOeNB.jpgvR7erpn.jpggSy447f.jpgygpggrn.jpgo5gFi0b.jpg7idP5E4.jpgQa1egX1.jpgmPQnR2O.jpg5Mf9s5I.jpgudaXRDJ.jpg7ZtbsHT.jpg6SgP3ux.jpgz43SjtL.jpgqdAM5IB.jpgtyWBuBL.jpgP1M46V5.jpg0zNsWD6.jpg

Edited by Silverback73
picture size incorrect

Hi Josh .

Glad to see your Centurion APP, before we can start you review, there's Just one detail:

Could you  please post the photos with a larger size? most of then are too short to see in detail.  If you look at your EIB app, they have the correct size.

Thanks in advance Trooper .

:salute:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Josh .

Glad to see your Centurion APP, before we can start you review, there's Just one detail:

Could you  please post the photos with a larger size? most of then are too short to see in detail.  If you look at your EIB app, they have the correct size.

Thanks in advance Trooper .

:salute:

Hello Mario

I have been at it for almost 8 hours on this submission, and I'm not the most savvy when it comes to Technology. It was almost 2 years ago that i submitted EIB and was done with a different format. I am at a loss as to how I can correct the issue. I am certainly ready and willing to right this so we can move forward with the application. 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

1 hour ago, Silverback73 said:

Hello Mario

I have been at it for almost 8 hours on this submission, and I'm not the most savvy when it comes to Technology. It was almost 2 years ago that i submitted EIB and was done with a different format. I am at a loss as to how I can correct the issue. I am certainly ready and willing to right this so we can move forward with the application. 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have corrected the photos as per your request. The issue was when I emailed the pictures and saved them it produced a copy adjacent to the original in my phone. I uploaded both pics of each, and went in to delete the smaller sizes, then was able to upload the photos to edit this post and hopefully it is righted for proper review. Thank you for your patience. 

• Like 1

Hey Josh, best of luck with your Centurion Application.  You may need another photo of the thermal detonator showing the brackets touching the abs face plate on it.  Also, I am not 100 percent certain about this, but I believe the belt needs to close right over left on the back and yours velcros left over right as of now.  I could be wrong about that.  Also, you may need to tighten up the gap between your backplate and kidney plate.  But nice build trooper and you got this.  Looking forward to your approval.

50 minutes ago, equuspolo said:

Also, I am not 100 percent certain about this, but I believe the belt needs to close right over left on the back and yours velcros left over right as of now. 

Both ways are acceptable and screen accurate ;)

Screenshot_20201111-122852_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ded4ad92aed2d5c3088c3a8bb444983.jpg

Screenshot_20201111-122400_Chrome.thumb.jpg.41a4796897b4eff916b1b61a8b4981be.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work trooper a couple of things before the DO's get here:

You could remove the curved area from you sniper plate

1674922188_Screenshot_20201117-160953_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.39659e853e48fe18c00c73f4211247c1.jpg

Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2   TQSUjK8.jpg?1  YSGgsvY.png?1

Your TD gap between the end caps and panel are quite large1160004478_Screenshot_20201117-161034_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.30d13f13fc69e051a3f4efe62f27603b.jpgScreenshot_20201117-161319_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5c298d2d9aecf5dac613bd03cf6b3a14.jpg

Belt is quite wrinkled on the bottoms also appears stained130074746_Screenshot_20201117-160853_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.58b52986b4ddebd87e2e9934cc413bab.jpg

1304124330_Screenshot_20201117-160832_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0248f83d42fdb7e17922379b1af2f978.jpg

You may want to adjust your biceps up a little you have no gap at the elbows and the pieces are overlapping

823729668_Screenshot_20201117-161502_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.97f2246b3b88edb17775e67bc6f6f7f8.jpg

You may have a little paint on the ower gum Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area

1330528263_Screenshot_20201117-190319_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d27879b07488f0db19a01d09637ef5fb.jpg

The counter on your blaster appears a little far back, normally some scope can be seen on the rear

617591463_Screenshot_20201117-162120_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7c42f5ef568f13b492f4488fea1ee4e8.jpgScreenshot_20201117-162031_Chrome.jpg.ed68185cf082cac41483aa3b19d503ce.jpg

Could you also post the following images:

Close of of your ab/kidney rivets

Both side outer and inside of the thigh ammo strip connectors/rivets

Good luck with approval 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Silverback73 said:

I have corrected the photos as per your request. The issue was when I emailed the pictures and saved them it produced a copy adjacent to the original in my phone. I uploaded both pics of each, and went in to delete the smaller sizes, then was able to upload the photos to edit this post and hopefully it is righted for proper review. Thank you for your patience. 

Super Fast, Great!!!  Added to the processing line .  One of us will be with you shortly. :salute:

9 hours ago, RLH2515 said:

Wow! Way way way pickier since my approval. Good luck bro remember if you find pictures of on screen use them emoji1.png

They are only suggestions, DO's have the final say ;) 

• Like 2

Hi Josh. and thank you for your submission for Centurion!  Our apologies for the delay, but there are several items that will need to be addressed before we can get that badge under you name, trooper.  While some items below may not be specifically mentioned in the CRL, it does state that we  "....must consider both text and pictures (CRL and reference) when reviewing" a set of armor.

First up, we need you to remove some of the paint on the lower "teeth".  As per Basic requirement:  "Paint shall not leave the teeth area".  Easy fix!'

Reference images

4BRMmcc.jpg              7rzjXfr.jpg?1  5IrrNDy.jpg?1

Since this RT MOD kit was made before 2018 when they updated the bucks (molds), the ab button plates are integrated into the actual ab.  This is one of the reasons they updated them, as the plates must be separate pieces.  (Super nice pint job on the buttons, by the way)!

Reference images

1XrEw84.jpg?1                  0XKvsgx.jpg?1  O3Un7PO.jpg?1

Not to worry, this is not only possible to fix, but has been done before as seen in the first image below.  You should be able to get a set of replacement plates from RT MOD, so it would just be a matter of carefully cutting out the centers, trimming the new ones and gluing them on.

RT MOD Centurion from 2016 showing fix

d3BjLQY.jpg?1      mqFV95u.jpg

The next few concern your ABS/canvas belt.  As per the CRL for level 3, "The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt".

It looks like the corners were trimmed a bit too much, sad to say.  

Reference images

rCL1KiH.jpg  Oamnd1w.jpg            5kcMdZo.jpg  rHs7YZD.jpg?1

At this point you have a 2 options.. you may be able to trim off the ends of the ABS belt a bit, as long as they don't come too close to the edge(s) of the button squares.  Alternatively, you could purchase a new belt.  ;)  

74WtmX1.jpg?1

Last up in this area we have 2 concerns.  The CRL for Centurion states that the  "Canvas belt must be firm/sturdy in appearance.  No creasing or sagging".

A large crease can be seen on the lower part that extends around the back (red arrow).  The second issue is the staining (blue arrow).  A few marks/scuffs are to be expected, but the color of the stains on each side are pretty prominent and a big contrast to the bright white above them.

Reference images

ICLaXHb.jpg            z8szWni.jpg   CXYrjv7.png?1

Finally, I gotta' say that is one of the sharpest looking blasters I have seen come through in a long time, but the Hengstler counter will need to be moved forward to where the rear lines up nearer the rear bolt of the folding stock.  Removing the scope rail and re-positioning the mounting screws forward should do the trick.

7Ao39LF.jpg            fZ2kKTL.jpg?1 CJJVv2B.png?1 waIGBVw.jpg

We realize you have some work ahead of you, but none of these items are insurmountable and we feel confident that you can address these issues in fine style.  Know that we are here to help or if you have any questions on your way to Centurion!

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Josh. and thank you for your submission for Centurion!  Our apologies for the delay, but there are several items that will need to be addressed before we can get that badge under you name, trooper.  While some items below may not be specifically mentioned in the CRL, it does state that we  "....must consider both text and pictures (CRL and reference) when reviewing" a set of armor.

First up, we need you to remove some of the paint on the lower "teeth".  As per Basic requirement:  "Paint shall not leave the teeth area".  Easy fix!'

Reference images

4BRMmcc.jpg              7rzjXfr.jpg?1  5IrrNDy.jpg?1

Since this RT MOD kit was made before 2018 when they updated the bucks (molds), the ab button plates are integrated into the actual ab.  This is one of the reasons they updated them, as the plates must be separate pieces.  (Super nice pint job on the buttons, by the way)!

Reference images

1XrEw84.jpg?1                  0XKvsgx.jpg?1  O3Un7PO.jpg?1

Not to worry, this is not only possible to fix, but has been done before as seen in the first image below.  You should be able to get a set of replacement plates from RT MOD, so it would just be a matter of carefully cutting out the centers, trimming the new ones and gluing them on.

RT MOD Centurion from 2016 showing fix

d3BjLQY.jpg?1      mqFV95u.jpg

The next few concern your ABS/canvas belt.  As per the CRL for level 3, "The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt".

It looks like the corners were trimmed a bit too much, sad to say.  

Reference images

rCL1KiH.jpg  Oamnd1w.jpg            5kcMdZo.jpg  rHs7YZD.jpg?1

At this point you have a 2 options.. you may be able to trim off the ends of the ABS belt a bit, as long as they don't come too close to the edge(s) of the button squares.  Alternatively, you could purchase a new belt.  ;)  

74WtmX1.jpg?1

Last up in this area we have 2 concerns.  The CRL for Centurion states that the  "Canvas belt must be firm/sturdy in appearance.  No creasing or sagging".

A large crease can be seen on the lower part that extends around the back (red arrow).  The second issue is the staining (blue arrow).  A few marks/scuffs are to be expected, but the color of the stains on each side are pretty prominent and a big contrast to the bright white above them.

Reference images

ICLaXHb.jpg            z8szWni.jpg   CXYrjv7.png?1

Finally, I gotta' say that is one of the sharpest looking blasters I have seen come through in a long time, but the Hengstler counter will need to be moved forward to where the rear lines up nearer the rear bolt of the folding stock.  Removing the scope rail and re-positioning the mounting screws forward should do the trick.

7Ao39LF.jpg            fZ2kKTL.jpg?1 CJJVv2B.png?1 waIGBVw.jpg

We realize you have some work ahead of you, but none of these items are insurmountable and we feel confident that you can address these issues in fine style.  Know that we are here to help or if you have any questions on your way to Centurion!

Thank you so much for making time for my review for centurion. 
I have already corrected the frown issue so we can start smiling again soon. Blaster is a non issue and the fault lies in the photo angle. I believe the Counter is placed in the correct place. Will upload those photos when I’m near a PC and can access my Imgur account. (Silly cel phone)

Been in contact with RTMOD and I am waiting for cost of parts and shipping quote. A new ammo belt, button covers, and ab button covers will be obtained. In addition I gotta order a new belt from Kittell because the one that didn’t make the cut, has 5 years of troops on it and the inner parts that keep it firm have deteriorated. Yep, the whole thing is getting redone. I’m hopeful these fixes will not take very long, but I’ll get them corrected and knock this out of the park!! 

• Like 4

AWESOME news, brother!  :jc_doublethumbup:  I know having to get new armor pieces is a pain (believe me).  My first kit was the old AM style from years ago and I had to replace the chest, kidney and butt plate for Level 3 (along with a lot of other fixes) so I feel your pain...  it'll be worth it, though.

Looking forward to seeing the new photos and as always, if we can be of any help, just ask!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 5:17 AM, justjoseph63 said:

AWESOME news, brother!  :jc_doublethumbup:  I know having to get new armor pieces is a pain (believe me).  My first kit was the old AM style from years ago and I had to replace the chest, kidney and butt plate for Level 3 (along with a lot of other fixes) so I feel your pain...  it'll be worth it, though.

Looking forward to seeing the new photos and as always, if we can be of any help, just ask!

Hello Brother!! Finally got a minute to hop on the PC and get a few pics of the happenings. It's all gonna come together, just a little bit of time and a bit of effort. I'll address the first fix I was able to make which was the frown extending outside the proper area. Big smile here, and it admittedly looks much better than what I submitted initially. 

kvMgWDk.jpg

Hopefully that takes care of this issue? 

Next is the Hengstler counter. I believe the angle of the photos of it are to blame and it is a non-issue? If not I am happy to make the adjustment to correct it.

Rh5JAEI.jpg

fstdu2C.jpg

Next I took your suggestion on the Ammo belt, although I wasn't 100% positive there would be enough area to pull it up to snuff. I failed on the cut (as I am out of practice) and have to get a new one. lol

mFhsmvP.jpg

YEEEEOOWCH!!!! yeah, that was a tough reminder. I used E6000 on all of my build, so into the freezer it went. I've disassembled it, without anything breaking.

8idv7Wf.jpg

I did get in contact with Pandatrooper and the parts have shipped out this afternoon. I did also order a new canvas belt from Kittell (Imperial Issue) and it is on the way as well. Its now just a little bit of a wait, until the parts arrive, and I can begin a complete belt rebuild.

sVVfw0V.jpg

Will I need to retake all the photos again, once it is assembled, or how would you prefer it to be? 

Thank you once more for your patience and guidance on my march towards Centurion!

Edited by Silverback73
  • Like 1