Finally starting my kit .......advice?

Okay guys finally after sitting in my basement for 7 years I am going to start putting my TK armor together. Unfortunately I did not see this post 8 years ......long ago at an address far away, so I am starting with the ANOVOS kit . I am posting here but am also following the video  tutorial on Trooperbay so I know I can get this done right. That being said do any of you have any advice on cutting tools and tools to make things easier?  Also will my ANOVOS kit be able to make 501ST standards.? Any help advice or direction you can give me would be great thanks.

Jason

• Like 1

Hi Jason! You’ve come to the right place for all things TK related, especially building your own kit! Actually, Anovos armor can be approved all the way to Centurion! The reason the company is not on the recommended list is due to the business practices of the vendor; not due to the kit itself. I think you’ll find Ukswrath’s Anovos build an excellent resource, and I include a link to it on my All-in-One resources thread.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

Wishing you the best on your journey! Start a build thread and post lots of photos and questions, and Troopers will come to your aid!

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

Thank you Masked!!! I will post my first pic of it all laid out. I am trying to gather up all the stuff I need to get it started now. The kit I bought years ago had the helmet completed and came with the canvas belt and holster. I have wanted to do this a long time.....don't wanna screw it up!! 

Very nice, crispy white and ready for trimming. Once you are ready post up a build thread here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ you'll get more feedback in that section ;) 

4 minutes ago, jason14x said:

Okay the biggest thing that scares me is  cutting the armor pieces? I am sure there are plenty of threads and pics online but how do I know where to cut everything without f-----g it all up!!@

Research is the key, measure twice and cut once, if you don't know ask, lots of members are happy to give feedback

Following others build threads are a great way to learn, you can't go wrong following Tony's build 

There is also our gallery section full of references https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

Don't forget the CRL (costume reference library) https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

And don't forget Caleb's resources thread, plenty of great info there.

• Like 1

It can be easier building to the top tier from the get go rather than trying to convert or add on later.

Check out some of the previous EIB and Centurion approvals as well, you know they have reached those levels so their builds would be correct ;) 

Good luck, don't rush 

2 hours ago, jason14x said:

Okay guys finally after sitting in my basement for 7 years I am going to start putting my TK armor together. Unfortunately I did not see this post 8 years ......long ago at an address far away, so I am starting with the ANOVOS kit . I am posting here but am also following the video  tutorial on Trooperbay so I know I can get this done right. That being said do any of you have any advice on cutting tools and tools to make things easier?  Also will my ANOVOS kit be able to make 501ST standards.? Any help advice or direction you can give me would be great thanks.

Jason

dont forget to get vice grips and plenty of magnets.i was definetly lacking in that area.it will slow your progress down drastically when you only have enough to hold one thing glued at a time.these guys here will give great help to.been helping me along with my anovos build.just be sure to post tons of pics so you can get good insight.good luck with your build.

Okay I am going to post this and start a build thread. Take a look at everything and let me know what you guys think. If theres something any of you think I should get that I dont have let me know! Thanks for all.the help guys. I am going to try and go for at least level 2 approval off the bat !! 

Jason 

You can never have too many magnets! Five pairs of magnets will let you work on about one limb component at a time, which would be enough for a patient marathoner. If, however, you think you’re the kind of person who hates waiting for glue to dry (literally), you may consider purchasing more. You don’t want to be in a hurry and unclamp/demagnetize prematurely before the E6000 cures, which can take days.

I think I mentioned this earlier in your thread, but Tony’s (Ukswrath) Anovos thread should be helpful to you. I also include links to several other good Anovos builds on my reference compilation thread, which would be good reads for you. Justin (TheRascalKing) has also done some great work with his kit. There aren’t set-in-stone one-size-fits-all directions since every armor maker is different, as are the body types of every Trooper. The key is research research research. =)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jason14x said:

Does anyone have any sort of diagrams or actual written instructions for some of the assembly?

There are some diagrams in a link I posted in your other thread 

There are no step by step instructions but having a look at others build threads is a great visual resource. Also check out the gallery sections, lots of reference material there. 

• Like 1

Yep, even though you’re a newbie like me, I’ve found it helpful to take lots of pics along your journey and DOCUMENT everything.  I did with my helmet build and was able to post a pic or two and ask questions, verifying my thinking and actions along the way.  There are a LOT of experienced troopers able and willing to “look over your shoulder” along your build process, but we can’t see and comment if you don’t interact.  One thing you might try if you’re just not sure about trim lines is pencil in a proposed cut line and take a few pics of it.  Someone more experienced can double check your approximation and suggest changes if needed.  There’s more than one way to skin a cat, they say.  You might even come up with a better way to do something.  But DO YOUR RESEARCH HOMEWORK!

So many helpful teachers here!  Good luck, my friend!  You’ll do fine!

Sitting here about to install a UKswrath sound system in my bucket.  Heading over to the electronics section to research how to put all of these goodies in here... Wish me luck!

Edited by Toothdoc

Correct, best advice there, having a build thread and showing your progress is the best way to get feedback on how you are progressing, there's a wealth of knowledgeable members ready and waiting to help you on your journey ;) 

Thanks for all.the welcomes guys. I am in a strange dilemma. My wife is planning on BUYING me a complete set of armor!! After laying out all my pieces and buying all my gear and tools she saw the Anovos kit and her first words were..." That quality  is crap! " That being said she is basically insisting I sell my kit and ask where to buy a quality set of fully assembled or partially pre assembled armor. So that being said....where do I try and sell my armor, and  who should I buy a complete and assembled set of armor from? I almost feel like I'm cheating but my wife said she would rather help me buy quality  armor rather than seeing me put all.the work in and the kit falls apart after time . I am not afraid of putting it together and want to know who I should buy my armor from. I have reached out to RSprops and so far thats it any help would be appreciated! Thanks all! 

Jason

Can't argue with a wife whos going to support her husband's hobby!!  Lol

Anovos can be accepted for basic approval as well as both EIB and Centurion with some modifications, you could always build this kit and then on-sell once complete, could be a great learning experience.

Can't go wrong with RS props for a full commission, but you may still need to do some tweaking on the strapping depending on your frame and what info you send them. You may also find you could save a few $'s and have it build by local garrison members, some take on commission builds so it may be worth asking.

If you have decided to sell you could advertise on our sales area or even put it on Ebay, I know a few people who have purchased second hand Anovos kits there.

Here is a link to the sales area https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/11-for-saletrade-personal-items-only/