I simply can't decide which armor

DasVieh

Hi all, 

sorry for open again a new topic. I am working on a helmet. But looking in the future I have to decide which armor should I buy. 

The helmet is from DA Props. And I like this helmet very much. But is the armor also good ? Maybe one of you have some experience with the DA armor. 

So I am Not sure which producer is the best for me. My plan is to get a trooper near to the screen version. 

There are three armors I think about 

DA Props  ( I like the helmet )

RS ( very close to original Version) 

Troopmaster ? 

I know to get near to the movie accurate trooper RS is  the best armor!? But it is also very expensive. 

Like I said....I like DA props. But is this armor the right decision if you want amovie accurate armor ? 

Troopmaster. I do Not know much about this producer. But I read about him often.

Thank you . 

Edited by DasVieh

So if your a smaller build like 5’7” ish and under 180 most of the builds will work for you. If you are over that size AM all the way.
Keep this in mind when thinking stunt/hero. The bubble lens are a bit much after a while. Hope I’ve helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vor 7 Minuten schrieb RLH2515:

So if your a smaller build like 5’7” ish and under 180 most of the builds will work for you. If you are over that size AM all the way.
Keep this in mind when thinking stunt/hero. The bubble lens are a bit much after a while. Hope I’ve helped

Hi, 

it will be a 5'10 build. I will  build a ANH stunt. 

Hopefully 5'10 is also ok for the mentioned armors. 

Always best to research the armor and see if it meets the higher CRL's, I've had a search for DA props and there is one approved at centurion 

Price is a big factor as well as your size. There is also the durability of armor, I have ATA which is very thick and only sufferer 2 cracks over 7 years of trooping, yet I know someone with RS who has a lot more cracks as it's thinner armor.

Troopermaster has a very nice kit on par with RS but unfortunately due to an issue is no longer on this forum, you would have to deal with via FB or email.

There are some great builds of most if not all armors available so have a look through some of the build threads to see size, quality and peoples feedback.

Good luck which ever you decide.

23 minutes ago, DasVieh said:

Hi, 

it will be a 5'10 build. I will  build a ANH stunt. 

Hopefully 5'10 is also ok for the mentioned armors. 

5'10 fits in with all the armors mentioned

vor 41 Minuten schrieb gmrhodes13:

Always best to research the armor and see if it meets the higher CRL's, I've had a search for DA props and there is one approved at centurion 

Price is a big factor as well as your size. There is also the durability of armor, I have ATA which is very thick and only sufferer 2 cracks over 7 years of trooping, yet I know someone with RS who has a lot more cracks as it's thinner armor.

Troopermaster has a very nice kit on par with RS but unfortunately due to a recasted armor is no longer on this forum, you would have to deal with via FB or email.

There are some great builds of most if not all armors available so have a look through some of the build threads to see size, quality and peoples feedback.

Good luck which ever you decide.

Hi, like always you are a lexicon. THANK you so much. I was looking arround for Da props at the Forum. But I do Not found this report. For me it is more important that the armor ist near to the original screen used version than the stability. But also the money is a factor. 

So than I want to choose between RS and Da 

Edited by DasVieh

1 minute ago, DasVieh said:

Hi, like always you are a lexicon. THANK you so much. I was looking arround for Da props at the Forum. But I do Not found this report. For me it is more important that the armor ist near to the original screen used version than the stability. But also the money is a factor. 

So than I want to chose between RS and Da 

Personally if it's more original screen used version I would go RS 

• Like 1

You are pretty safe choosing any of the makers on our reputable vendors list. It's about what armour best suits you, that includes your total budget.

Any of those armours can be constructed to meet our highest level of CRL, and it's not really any different from vendor to vendor, it is how you build it to fit you best and the research you do on the little things that make the difference to a pass or a "please fix" when it comes to the higher levels.

Once you decide, look at a few build threads but also most importantly read through some of the EI and Centurion applications and see what the common things are the applicants dont get quite right, and try to avoid those same errors. Trust me it is well worth that effort.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, DasVieh said:

Hi all, 

this week I decided to buy a RS Kit. I have ordered today. I was waiting for black Friday :). So the decision is finaly made :)

Congratulations!! looking forward for your BBB day photos :jc_doublethumbup:

1 hour ago, DasVieh said:

Hi all, 

this week I decided to buy a RS Kit. I have ordered today. I was waiting for black Friday :). So the decision is finaly made :)

Nice choice, you wont be disappointed.

Congrats on your RS purchase, Svante!  Since a set of armor is a large investment, I highly suggest starting your own build thread here on the FISD.  That way, you can post lots of photos during your build (which is especially helpful if you have a problem) and ask us anything you need to.

Here are some links that may help:

1.  Supply list- Here

2.  Build thread forum-  Here

3.  501st CRLs-  Here

4.  CRL Quick Reference-  Here

5.  Posting photos-  Here

Always, always ALWAYS feel free to ask any questions you may have, Svante... we are here to help every step of the way!

• Like 1

You’ll be most pleased with RS. Their attention to detail and craftsmanship is phenomenal. I have an RS Scout and I know guys in my Garrison who have RS TKs. Worth every Penny!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your nice words. I am also very exited about the trooper future. :). When the box will arrive I will send some BBB pictures. And like you said I will start a building thread. 

"Always, always ALWAYS feel free to ask any questions you may have, Svante... we are here to help every step of the way! "

THANK YOU ! I think I will have a lot of questions after starting the building process. 

And you all encourage me to build a kit. And RS seems like a good choice :)) 

• Like 2

While you are waiting you'll find a lot of great helping info in this thread, research is the key and remember measure twice and cut once ;) 

• Like 1