TK-95926 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) [1011]

NAME: James Forte

501st ID :95926

FISD Forum Name: Chicojames

Garrison: California Central California Garrison

501st Profile : https://www.501st.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22434

Armor : Anovos (kit)

Helmet : Anovos (kit)

Blaster : Doopydoo's Resin Kit, self made purchase

Height: 175cm

Weight: 82kg

Boots : TKBoots

Canvas Belt: Imperial Issue

Hand Plates : TrooperBay

Neck Seal : Anovos

Holster : Anovos

9eaQv9E.jpg

9vTl0lV.jpg

HbOwCkQ.jpg

fav97IH.jpg

GmkPVLr.jpg

yC9y0jR.jpg

TAdsa88.jpg

IXsz1f9.jpg

RcBvZYb.jpg

nVglMOW.jpg

wTae2CV.jpg

HVun3SD.jpg

WlyEO9z.jpg

umlfdxN.jpg

dBJ3Qfk.jpg

ro15k06.jpg

HbJKPHz.jpg

kjMzTNf.jpg

p1ITsTZ.jpg

9H8HmNb.jpg

FCk3Lx6.jpg

tyrrldW.jpg

TUAnuKf.jpg

E2pISJb.jpg

JSoX2DJ.jpg

5hDMAYU.jpg

TALsEP5.jpg

FTcSZ9M.jpg

klDXVVI.jpg

zIa8vec.jpg

50HrH64.jpg

XhDMZgt.jpg

lCAk9wT.jpg

pKpJMlV.jpg

hfM49b2.jpg

FjzD1N8.jpg

UZSgcDL.jpg

20201109_StormTrooper_0039.jpg

Edited by Chico007James
trying to add more pictures and can't

You need to use to use a photo share service that allows you to use links. This will allow you to add as many photos as you wish.

many use Imgur which is easy once you know how.

• Like 1

Hi James, welcome to FISD,  great to see your EIB app. If using Imgur be sure to use the "Direct Link " Option instead of BBCode. 

oOhBb3r.jpg

I'm adding your app to the process line right now.

:salute:

Nice work trooper, a few suggestions before the DO's get here

You have quite a lot of room at the top of the thighs, you could move these upwards which would give you more room at the knees. Arms armor is at different heights, forearm covering hand plate. Belt could come up a tad, should sit just under the bottom button.

FCk3Lx6.jpg&key=f5fe948a4fc2c53a5da7281e

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Can see your shin closure on this image, shins should close outside over inside.

TALsEP5.jpg&key=d79226ec47557fa6f9bf2fc0

Butt plate is sticking out

FTcSZ9M.jpg&key=f8984a7c8cec583765d62244

There is some paint on the gums, should be removed from the CRL Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area

dBJ3Qfk.jpg&key=d99e7459a0ae69d2fb808c92

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

You could also add some white paint to the rims of the hovi's

rmMCj1s.jpg?1&key=bce89d1d10504c36fd3077

Your bottom ab rivets are a little low and are not aligned with each other

HVun3SD.jpg&key=cf4790f7c6ee0a9a48c50c90

ILNmZFM.jpg?1                 lmE2x8G.jpg?2

Nice work trooper, a few suggestions

You could trim the inner curve on your sniper plate

IMG_4552.jpg.2683be3a9ac20eb2283419826843d1e4.jpg

ACtC-3ftrBgWpRHaO-pw9goEcy9xAOsBYwGa6435

Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2   TQSUjK8.jpg?1  YSGgsvY.png?1

It's a bit hard to tell if you have the correct screws, should be slotted pan head

gallery_12157_51_16672.jpg

Also screws could be closer to the ends of the clips

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Could you also post the following images,

Close up sniper plate front and both sides

Good luck with approval

Hi James.

Before one of us can process your EIB app, there are some fixes we need you to address.

1- CRL for Basic  level : Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. ..

As Glen pointed out above, you'll need to remove a bit of the grey paint from your teeth, as they're leaving out onto the gums area and paint the edges corners. A paint remover (Non Acetone) can be used, in my case I have used a pointed or sharp tool like cutter or knife to do it also)

Reference images

6EMyurD.jpg?1    w7I2K3W.jpg    udtpA6Y.jpg

2- CRL foe Level 2 : Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

This is a common issue of the Anovos Helmets.

Reference Images

jf5HY2f.jpg?1         zayXZha.png    gwf7qNT.jpg?1 

Personally what I have done several times to fix this is as follows.

A- Remove the mesh from tips . I have used knife, screwdriver and plier.

B- look for a strainer with the proper mesh

Vf2nPx4.jpg?1   70behPr.jpg?1

C- Use a permanent marker top and a rubber hammer  to give the shape to the mesh.  

JgcUquP.jpg?1   wxbkY7m.jpg?1

D-  Paint the hovi tips inside and rim with white acrylic and cut the mesh with a minimal edge.

TEHuCvU.jpg?1  3bWXOLq.jpg?1

E- Place the mesh into the tip carefully and reassemble to the helmet.

8tGWpve.jpg?1

3- CRL for Basic Level : ... The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.  

Finally , it looks like you right shim cover strip is closing facing outside of the leg. You will need to disassemble and re-glue it to the correct position. This could be a bit challenging and take more time but we are confident you can achieve it . 

Reference Images

0bBGB2i.jpg                  4kbSiRH.jpg?1     htFeU24.jpg?1

We'll be ready when you're ready.  :salute:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi James.

Before one of us can process your EIB app, there are some fixes we need you to address.

1- CRL for Basic  level : Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. ..

As Glen pointed out above, you'll need to remove a bit of the grey paint from your teeth, as they're leaving out onto the gums area and paint the edges corners. A paint remover (Non Acetone) can be used, in my case I have used a pointed or sharp tool like cutter or knife to do it also)

Reference images

6EMyurD.jpg?1    w7I2K3W.jpg    udtpA6Y.jpg

2- CRL foe Level 2 : Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

This is a common issue of the Anovos Helmets.

Reference Images

jf5HY2f.jpg?1         zayXZha.png    gwf7qNT.jpg?1 

Personally what I have done several times to fix this is as follows.

A- Remove the mesh from tips . I have used knife, screwdriver and plier.

B- look for a strainer with the proper mesh

Vf2nPx4.jpg?1   70behPr.jpg?1

C- Use a permanent marker top and a rubber hammer  to give the shape to the mesh.  

JgcUquP.jpg?1   wxbkY7m.jpg?1

D-  Paint the hovi tips inside and rim with white acrylic and cut the mesh with a minimal edge.

TEHuCvU.jpg?1  3bWXOLq.jpg?1

E- Place the mesh into the tip carefully and reassemble to the helmet.

8tGWpve.jpg?1

3- CRL for Basic Level : ... The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.  

Finally , it looks like you right shim cover strip is closing facing outside of the leg. You will need to disassemble and re-glue it to the correct position. This could be a bit challenging and take more time but we are confident you can achieve it . 

Reference Images

0bBGB2i.jpg                  4kbSiRH.jpg?1     htFeU24.jpg?1

We'll be ready when you're ready.  :salute:

thanks I will get my homework completed. 

• Like 1

Awesome work, James! If you wouldn't mind, could you please post a photo of you wearing the new shin armor? I'm fine if you just want to wear the boots and shin armor. Would just be nice to see the finished product on you.

Thanks, James. Nice job bringing in the frown paint but after some discussion the DO team is requesting you clean up the edges a bit. We don't expect perfection, but we'd like to see it a bit cleaner. Should be just a few minutes with some mineral spirits and a cotton swab. Additionally, we noticed you missed painting the last bit of the frown.

xzZkb7b.jpg

• Like 1

Hi trooper,

Just to add what my fellow troopers have mentioned, I’d raise a more fundamental suggestion - armour sizing.

It looks like your limbs are quite a bit smaller that your armour, specifically your biceps, forearms and shins.

As below, it looks like your arms are a bit lost in the size of the armour. This gives a slightly bulky appearance. You could consider trimming down the parts to better fit your size. This will give a sleeker, more accurate look.

73d658f1ea99d93a234d9868a480faf0.jpg
As above, there is perhaps a good inch / 1&1/2 inch gap around the bicep.

Notice below and above how snug the bicep armour hugs the trooper.

d93906a8911ab6ed4f3aef7bdaf9fd5f.jpg

To achieve this, you could remove the coverstrip and trim even amounts from each side to reduce the overall diameter.

With the big gap, you also ya e quite thick return edge on the bottom of the bicep and tops of the forearms.

18ad75393cd22ccf8ddedde5df96fc53.png

You could also consider similar with your left thigh and your shins.

Below, note that the coverstrip should not extend beyond the armour. Plus, the snug fit around the boot that you could consider aiming for for that sleeker look.

d750f6dd5c58ee5f8e632286776bcf52.jpg
Best of luck with your EIB submission.

Dan :-)

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, shashachu said:

Thanks, James. Nice job bringing in the frown paint but after some discussion the DO team is requesting you clean up the edges a bit. We don't expect perfection, but we'd like to see it a bit cleaner. Should be just a few minutes with some mineral spirits and a cotton swab. Additionally, we noticed you missed painting the last bit of the frown.

xzZkb7b.jpg

IMG_4988.thumb.jpg.3cce19691b023b2d7bb1da855a54b7c8.jpg updated with additional paint removal and corners of frown added.

• Like 1

Hi James! Looking closely at your submission photos, I can't tell what color your TD screws are. They appear to be silver, but it could just be the lighting in the photo. If they are silver, they will need to be painted black for EIB. If they are indeed black, we'd appreciate another photo with clearer lighting so we can confirm. Thank you :)

On 11/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, shashachu said:

Hi James! Looking closely at your submission photos, I can't tell what color your TD screws are. They appear to be silver, but it could just be the lighting in the photo. If they are silver, they will need to be painted black for EIB. If they are indeed black, we'd appreciate another photo with clearer lighting so we can confirm. Thank you :)

they are black slotted picture uploaded.

Hi James,

Thanks for your application and for the fixes with the hovi tips, paint, and shin. Those weren't small fixes, so we appreciate you taking the time to go the extra mile.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

First, a couple dressing issues. When getting dressed, ideally the left and right sides of your armor are as symmetric as possible. In your photos, your biceps are sitting at different heights, making your left forearm lower than the right, and it runs into your left handplate. Obviously everything is going to shift around once you start moving, but we like our EIB and Centurion submission photos to represent the ideal state of your armor, so keep an eye on those when getting dressed, and adjust any strapping as necessary.

ACtC-3c_K2UgGj7ER5goPGfe5VUOgFDHrzNTx66q

Reference Image:

ACtC-3c0n9KOHaZtt77z6-3o6-hFbBtM4V2BRIYD  

Next, as was already pointed out, your thigh armor is sitting quite low, leading to pretty large black gaps at the top of your thighs. Ideally we want minimal black showing, but when there are gaps, it helps to have them even. The current thigh position could be necessary based on the shape of your body/mobility, but if you can bring them up further, it would even out the gaps between ab/thigh and thigh/shin, leading to a cleaner look.

ACtC-3d9dtgf3WlzZb6OrZZuqZrvYVR0SLCy-XaI

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eH9nmRcOMlYAFQU9IexKqT9xdUjYkgCeGW

Next, on the screen-used suits the ends of the TD clips are squared off, and the screws sit closer to the end of the clips. Obviously to correct this it would require getting new TD clips, so it's not a big deal but worth mentioning nonetheless.

ACtC-3cazlda1ydpe_3cyrJjjisN9iij3m00bJuqKi70hoP3niJORfehkxCZ5N5YR0MQ1roV8MyGaan4dsktkqrObmdZSlhuaMMrWQL8-7524lTEy_C9b-NwXNZLwvGeFia6cKREMq7VkF7LUkZdNYNe4E7p0A=w640-h480-no?authuser=0

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eqH8UiICg-xRiAzDrLmsVnO65_Rv0y6O90

Moving along, your butt plate is sticking out a bit. You might consider tightening the strapping at the sides of the butt plate to keep it closer to your body.

ACtC-3fabl38TXXq24lrLn8PnScHNTn4cGT4dAFK

Reference Image:

ACtC-3d5pzfYupTtJRkV3jiiVU6gqAHb3fBXVS6m  ACtC-3ds2o70U_pV2FdOyaUFlagVedYw_yTQdr4x

Another small issue is that on the screen-used suits, the sniper knees tended to be trimmed in a more angular manner, rather than rounded.

ACtC-3eo4D5w4iaaAVbJlZsypSiGQPNQ39W8RU1P2U5Wm-0bDkbBSSu7edZrERexE11xoaNWaC5oO1tiz3IeziPAKlchmpUfk2fDDqsPH9zrFDP-u4l_tHf5Sl1klqZTrc0B3U7fvMC-11h8YpHk0uvkt7I1xg=w630-h502-no?authuser=0  ACtC-3e1mAUJhJqgQ8YDhWeOoG4mANaOxdbec2-fNPtUtQjXm5UbVFwbf5Q6dCRxE5VrSMA0jO9WauELO5WNt1Xz-AwTF_vNPtLjtztjRHLuwfpFbxaxk7aU5JTMJocq8FjP-c7j6w4q1Z0YQ-acYgNZTPi3xA=w518-h503-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3fQaehzoph1tvDsS-PkyxYX5Tk-MNEkH6Re  ACtC-3dsOKIL3zfXlSgmjBbas7rJ__Y3DA4f2SIq_tTTSRBLXenz7-a8HH9TJQQruDfXTihN_kurFPaUWphIi2-jpVp6xCp3RdwvUFFwqoqUDV6S5hWaBCrfYuaamdzWsSEnNGc8W7aRDvQ9KE5xiwxgeyOhxQ=w673-h550-no?authuser=0

Finally, really nice job on the coverstrip fix on your shin armor. As was already pointed out, your cover strip is a bit long so should be trimmed.

ACtC-3dfrYX6_CJNeXDUnvy-h26wqokUsZG9_Rru

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fWrbpwIfleQD8-bt_OIr2wFaxsPqatntuP

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting from the top, the L3 CRL states:

• There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Yours actually look quite good, but we'd like you to try to reduce the gap even further, especially at the top. You can tighten the strapping holding the bells on, and I also noticed that your lower return edge on the shoulder bells is quite thick; trimming that back or completely off will really help bring the bells closer to your body.

ACtC-3eFoyVB39sEN16mPaTyB9sUXGdErFis9WeC  ACtC-3cHKxROg2BQi6TAS-pYW_AdSTF6nVvc48Hd

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dVj8sZIKvGV4jZi0oZvcjFWEkZ6J2ZvylZ  ACtC-3fu2D_i_1ded0Y97iM6H_akYchdhFKnQYqr1XhRa06xnUnCBu0EhCUtJPTrWqrv7zxfoClMdCOJa8kgRk5eW-wCsr9FZXScGWVK8bXo61wJObVR8FMgPf89uZ9r5DWLx-mXAUatIAnGcHAOkSPqE3M61Q=w1024-h768-no?authuser=0

Next, the L3 CRL states:

• The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Yours is sitting just a bit too low. On my own kit I added two small strips of Velcro to keep the front of the belt from sagging. If you check out the reference images, you'll notice that the ABS belt should touch or even slightly overlap the bottom ab button.

ACtC-3eyaC2l4Fx0rUA5UsqFR_HaQlkmigYD3WoY

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fL8JsnHcv1pLhsgvfnqP-xm-I3dWzWVlng  ACtC-3dA_PRO1S_3jBHeI8FZn6aStGXNgwj2hQwC

Next, you've done a nice job on your left-side rivets; unfortunately the placement of the lower rivets are too low. The L3 CRL states:

• Three rivets, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter, are present on the left side of the abdomen armor.
  • Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

ACtC-3cDrs1qt0GDp2emyFeDzGmBU51NPJLL_R1b

Looking at the reference photos, you'll see the lower rivets are a good bit above the ridge separating the ab/cod so yours will have to be moved up. Note that once those are moved up, you may also need to move up the middle rivets as it could throw off the spacing. You don't need to take the measurements in the reference image as hard measurements (we won't take a ruler to your armor) but it they should look correctly spaced.

It will require drilling out the rivets, then filling the holes with ABS paste. A good bit of work but many troopers have done it successfully.

Reference Image:

ACtC-3evuM3I9qLwFOW-RHG0XouLGiUpB-5kdO0R  ACtC-3dNqwouOKOcEa0Nm_pxQVNwKd6xKURVL_YCaRXxScVBoa2raRzFMRL1ACDJQGmsQhEA0O7uLvP9vJvJfp4ziqgUf22ZeMSN9kgbsxMHv5nv1yJ-rgSkzQL6uXUd824jZUNaTwfLD3d4nJyBbOCerzw8yw=w600-h800-no?authuser=0

The last issue we're going to have you fix before applying to Centurion is your bicep and forearm sizing. There isn't anything specifically called out in the CRL text, but we use reference photos to do our reviews as well, and compared to the screen-used suits, your arm armor is very large compared to your body. Fortunately, this should be a relatively straightforward fix. You should be able to remove the cover strips, then trim the armor equally where they meet. A hot water bath to reshape them may also help.

ACtC-3cXMJqt8Y1hswTZO9vqGsmIAVN2Vys5erIY  ACtC-3dMaMd_p5T4PF6-EH3rp58BbPy2NP2DkTCi  ACtC-3dcLwPxI19a8MZk2eninweJfFCTdqssqwfC

Reference Image:

ACtC-3cjlTzshQe2PCGs_MoJGbahNu3dCtLqtV-6  

ACtC-3eQGTbdzBgNydL8GtAXw8LPv20t2D7bKSkN  

ACtC-3cIFdfm7qysT-VP4cmHxvOv9vOj4z3LtBYH

There are a few fixes necessary for your Centurion application, but we have every faith in your skills, and the DO team as well as a whole army of troopers is here to help you along the way. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything. Until then, please accept our congratulations on reaching EIB!

• Like 2

• shashachu changed the title to TK-95926 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) [1011]