Neck Seal

M2AR8xSm.jpg

Thermal Detonator

VwNZUm2m.jpg?1t4MCDAwm.jpg?1

Action Shot

lPA1C4al.jpg

Edited by Hesikaya

Nice work, a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here

You may need to adjust your strapping a little, the backplate is on an angle and overlapping, from the CRL

• Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

Helmet is sitting quite high, if you can adjust the padding and lower slightly

dOPGgwVh.jpg&key=fe565cb916dd3a241ed7fa7

qb4YVKO.jpg?1   B3vL4VO.jpg?1

Grip on blasters where black plastic so would not have any weathering, this was also the same on T-tracks

ik1UgQol.jpg&key=5a281a9efe08d028fa7031d

Thanks Glen,  

I think the back plate just got caught somehow when I put it on for pictures.  It usually doesn't sit like that so I hadn't noticed when I was checking everything else.

As far as the helmet I don't have any padding at the top.  My nugget goes up in there as high as I can get it or I feel I can't see well enough.

My blaster, I think I forgot to primer the grip before I painted it. I guess I can give it a quick pass to clear for now but I just know I am gonna have to take that paint all the way back off and hit it with some primer if I want it to stick for good.  Did you see a T-Track that looked weathered?  I can retouch those too but don't see any weathering. 

55 minutes ago, Hesikaya said:

My blaster, I think I forgot to primer the grip before I painted it. I guess I can give it a quick pass to clear for now but I just know I am gonna have to take that paint all the way back off and hit it with some primer if I want it to stick for good.  Did you see a T-Track that looked weathered?  I can retouch those too but don't see any weathering. 

No was just the grip that appeared to have some weathering, just mentioned the T-tracks for anyone else who may be reading ;) 

Just remember these are just suggestions, it's the DO's that have the final say ;) 

Good luck

Thanks Glen,

You have a great eye. I know I will have to repaint that grip for sure I'm just hoping to get through this before I take the time to remove the handle and strip it down. Everytime I hold my blaster the grip shows a little more paint worn away so it's inevitable. But if I have to dust it for now to get me by I'll do it.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great looking armor Scott! Good luck on your Centurion application! One of Us! 

I had the same exact thing happen to my back armor in my Centurion application photos and I have the same issue with the paint rubbing off of my doopy-doos blaster grip as well and I even primed it before painting. I think it just happens with use and is highly visible because the off-white color of the resin underneath. Not really sure how to remedy this issue.

• Like 1

Good luck, Scott. Keeping fingers crossed for you. :)

7 hours ago, Hesikaya said:

(...)   Everytime I hold my blaster the grip shows a little more paint worn away so it's inevitable.   (...)

Even with primer, I experienced the same after some events. The bottom of the handle simply is a prominent part of the E-11 and I had to retouch this area several times...

• Like 1

Hey Scott,

Looking through your photos, it still looks like you're missing the photo showing the 'Han snap', which is an L3 requirement: 

• A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

Reference Image:

H7voVTk.jpg?1

Finally, as Glen mentioned, we'd like no or minimal overlap between the back and kidney. The overlap isn't present in your EIB application which makes me think it's a dressing issue. Could you take a look and post updated photos?

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Hey Scott,

Looking through your photos, it still looks like you're missing the photo showing the 'Han snap', which is an L3 requirement: 

• A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

Reference Image:

H7voVTk.jpg?1

Finally, as Glen mentioned, we'd like no or minimal overlap between the back and kidney. The overlap isn't present in your EIB application which makes me think it's a dressing issue. Could you take a look and post updated photos?

Thanks!

Apologies; I looked at your application too quickly - I just saw you do have a photo showing the Han snap.

To proceed with your application we'd still need an updated photo without the back/kidney overlap.

I also noticed that it looks like your lowest right helmet screw is sticking out a bit more than we'd like. L3 CRL states 

• Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

It wasn't obvious if your EIB application because the screw was partially covered by the helmet S-trim.

ACtC-3e0zir7YVlPdXOaz-anoQi_O6f3FJtgZtwi

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fxNeB4PE7HIGnKjYoCZiRtB5oG07eLBWvA

On 11/9/2020 at 5:01 PM, shashachu said:

Apologies; I looked at your application too quickly - I just saw you do have a photo showing the Han snap.

To proceed with your application we'd still need an updated photo without the back/kidney overlap.

I also noticed that it looks like your lowest right helmet screw is sticking out a bit more than we'd like. L3 CRL states 

• Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

It wasn't obvious if your EIB application because the screw was partially covered by the helmet S-trim.

ACtC-3e0zir7YVlPdXOaz-anoQi_O6f3FJtgZtwi

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fxNeB4PE7HIGnKjYoCZiRtB5oG07eLBWvA

Thanks, Sha Sha

Here's the updated pictures:

Picture of back and kidney showing no overlap.

riNyKdfl.jpg?1

S-Trim put back in place.

oXJAfTHl.jpg

• Like 2

Take that! You unauthorized weathering on the grip! B)

ik1UgQol.jpg

I repainted the E-11 grip with a couple new coats of paint.  I'm going to try to let this cure a bit more before I touch it.  Some days I just can't help myself but to pick it up, flip it on, and imagine blasting some rebels.  But for now I really want this new coat to stick.

UaY5mpbl.jpg 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hesikaya said:

Take that! You unauthorized weathering on the grip! B)

Pew pew, nice work trooper 

• Like 1

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the ear screw fix, and apologies for the initial miscommunication.

Could you please post close-ups of the wrist side of your forearm armor? The L3 CRL states

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

I can sort of see them in your arms raised photo, but a closeup would be helpful to confirm that there's noreturn edge.

Next, this was listed as a suggestion in your EIB application but per the CRL should have been a Centurion requirement.

The L3 CRL states: 

• The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Yours is sitting a bit low:

8EtSaTg.jpg?1

Reference Images: 

qUlUQBG.jpg?1    4UBc7or.jpg?1

I had this same issue with my Centurion app and have added a couple small strips of velcro to the front of my ab armor to keep my belt from sagging.

I really appreciate your patience in this review; I have been swamped at work and have been peeking at applications on short breaks so I'm definitely not operating at full capacity. You have a great build and you're almost there - we'll get you over the finish line soon.

Thanks,

Sha Sha

• Like 2

Forearms:

nFn3cDMm.jpg

Belt snaps were too tight to allow the belt to stay any higher so I removed and raised their position.

3VFOzQWl.jpgxC0TXhJl.jpg?1

Edited by Hesikaya
spelling and added pics
  • Like 3

Hi Scott,

I appreciate your patience through this review process. Thanks for the quick fixes as well.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, your vocoder paint is a little rough around the edges. Of course there was a lot of variation on the screen-used helmets, but in the 501st we err more towards the 'fresh off the Death Star' look, so next time you're doing armor maintenance, we're suggesting you spend a few minutes to clean up the edges.

ACtC-3frc0w2vYc_Pi3oOINJyYWaXseV-oQuJ--M

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eJj7AXIfvdRhQpdSak9KRPDgvPjEFUHA5w  ACtC-3fZgeoFi0bgxcvOWPKtS_q4LL8E4PiXZ0cs

As mentioned above, your helmet is sitting pretty high compared to the screen-used helmets, so if it doesn't affect your visibility and mobility too much, we're suggesting you reduce or remove the padding at the top of the helmet to get it to sit a bit lower.

ACtC-3eRAs8HoIz73YAuLf8R9fUUckDFVMZrbjrs  ACtC-3fVxUFOKlZa_MyAzGWVlEIrk3CvIrOi_q1x

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dkQlCoNXyG_pKDzEJkX4MmcsGpxv1WzI5m

ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s

Finally, your biceps appear to be sized a bit large compared to your arms, so you could consider sizing those down to maintain a slightly sleeker look.

ACtC-3cYsEqJ3CNSSHkEiVIkvowr-P8bopuXiVn3

Reference Image:

ACtC-3cIFdfm7qysT-VP4cmHxvOv9vOj4z3LtBYH

And that's it! Congratulations on reaching Centurion. On behalf of the DO team and myself, please accept our hearty congratulations. 

• Like 1

• shashachu changed the title to TK41469 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [Anovos] [482]

That's so exciting, I'm EIB#982 and Centurion#482 such an awesome coincidence. I'm so happy to have made it to Centurion.

Of course, I didn't get here alone. Thanks must go to everyone who's offered advice along the way to get me here. You all make this community a spectacular place to learn and grow.
c4eff796cc6a3d5427de59483a482c38.jpg

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

• Like 3