Question about fan noise and speed

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to know about the speed and noise performance between having 2 fans (5v) connected to 1 USB pack, or 1 fan (5v) connecting to 1 USB pack.  I've seen different helmet interiors with different fan setups, so thats why I need to ask about it.  I don't know which option to go with for my fan setup.  Many have used a Y split connector for 2 fans to 1 pack and that has not affected the overall performace.  However, does it make a difference to speed/noise when having 2 fans hooked up to 1 USB pack as apposed to 1 fan for 1 pack?  I was origially thinking of having 1 fan connected to 1 power pack on both sides of my bucket, but would that make the airflow faster? I also want to avoid having a setup that sounds like my bucket being full of mosquitoes.  So with that in mind which would be better for low speed/noise, 2 fans connected to 1 USB pack or 1 fan to 1 USB pack?

Any Pros and Cons info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, I do a digital variable speed system which runs 2 fans off a single usb powerbank. Here is a link to my page...
https://www.facebook.com/Troopercoola/
Have a look here for vids of my systems too...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXmTMfsZrcozZyfQjr-TyaQ

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I use separate battery packs and only use one fan at a time, even on a 39deg C day one fan was enough, as long as your screen doesn't fog and you can feel air across your face you are set. As for noise I have my fans in front of the ears, you can hear some hum from the fans more so when fully charged. I prefer a separate battery pack for two reasons, one having one fan is enough for me and two you have a reserve just in case your first fan runs out of juice, this can happen at long troops.

• 3 weeks later...

I run 4 fans on 2 separate circuits and my hearing assist all off the same USB power stick. The fans do get noisy so I wear nose cancelling earbuds and have my hearing assist mics isolated.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have my 5v fans and converted them to a USB power bank.  After testing it inside my helmet, I found that they are a bit noisy (even just having1 fan in there).  So I have been looking into ways that I could reduce the volume when I came across this:- 

https://www.amazon.com.au/NOYITO-Stepless-Controller-Regulator-Switch/dp/B07PMNLMMH/ref=pd_sim_nf_6?pd_rd_w=cgbWb&pf_rd_p=0d186eba-d3fd-47b6-98d9-5d9e928bb739&pf_rd_r=P9BK4VA68JT452NVWEEQ&pd_rd_r=7a6b1631-e1cb-460f-856e-a2e16de8e799&pd_rd_wg=GbW1G&pd_rd_i=B07PMNLMMH&psc=1

I know there are others like this one:- 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Easycargo-Controller-Raspberry-Ventilation-40mmx40mmx10mm/dp/B07JK6WGYX/ref=pd_sim_nf_5?pd_rd_w=N6m7w&pf_rd_p=0d186eba-d3fd-47b6-98d9-5d9e928bb739&pf_rd_r=21E1RFNYJP5E4CBYMGWW&pd_rd_r=2bc66321-7fe2-4510-92b9-77df97c06104&pd_rd_wg=QWKDm&pd_rd_i=B07JK6WGYX&psc=1

But that means there will be more cables cramped in my helmet and 2 fans supplied that I won't be using.   I have it set up for 1 fan per power bank, this option is only for 2 fans per power bank.  I'm not going with this, especially if I decide to just have 1 fan in my helmet and not 2.   

I rather like the NOYITO speed controller (I'm just showing the Easycargo for a reference only), but I just wanted to ask you guys first if the NOYITO would work.  I'm not by any means an electrician, and I don't want to order this if its going to decrease the lifespan of my fans.  But if they will help reduce the noise, speed and not damage the voltage performance, then I will go ahead and get some.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Shinyarmour1 said:

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to know about the speed and noise performance between having 2 fans (5v) connected to 1 USB pack, or 1 fan (5v) connecting to 1 USB pack.  I've seen different helmet interiors with different fan setups, so thats why I need to ask about it.  I don't know which option to go with for my fan setup.  Many have used a Y split connector for 2 fans to 1 pack and that has not affected the overall performace.  However, does it make a difference to speed/noise when having 2 fans hooked up to 1 USB pack as apposed to 1 fan for 1 pack?  I was origially thinking of having 1 fan connected to 1 power pack on both sides of my bucket, but would that make the airflow faster? I also want to avoid having a setup that sounds like my bucket being full of mosquitoes.  So with that in mind which would be better for low speed/noise, 2 fans connected to 1 USB pack or 1 fan to 1 USB pack?

Any Pros and Cons info would be greatly appreciated.

If you get one of @ukswrath kits you can turn the fans on independently so you can do it either way. I usually only run one fan unless it’s really toasty in my bucket.

Edited by Harbinger

Hey Marc, you should create a sales thread in our  Ongoing sales forum, rather than advertising in this thread. It is part of our forum sales rules and the reason we have a home for ongoing runs just like yours.

You can have a permanent home there as long as you check in and bump the thread every few months so auto archive doesn't move it. (only required if there is no activity in your thread)

Makes far more sense than having it get lost in a separate threads all over the place and helps us keep the forums a little tidier. You can then also put a link to your thread in a post which is allowed.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-runs/